Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
All SNs are different on the unit
720 7 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JacksonSx
lvl.1

Hi all!

I bought new and sealed DJI Spark a couple of days before and realized that all SNs - on box, foam box and unit itself - are different. And when I tried to connect to Spark the wifi name was different from that are on stickers (they are all different too). I've tried to reset wifi by holding button for 9 seconds as in instruction, but it did not help.

Anyone faced this issue? How it affects warranty?
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify that the wi-fi information from the battery compartment of the DJI Spark is different from the wi-fi that appears on your mobile device, correct? Also, it's not the same on the box that came with the aircraft? If so, let us know where the unit was purchased so we can coordinate this with our related team.

If you purchase the DJI spark from our online store, you may contact our support using this link: www.dji.com/support for possible replacement; however, if it was purchased from our dealers, we would recommend coordinating the situation to the particular re-seller as alternative option for a replacement request.  In addition to this matter, the replacement process in DJI would be, the product must purchase 14 calendar days upon receiving it for US customers and 7 days for other countries. This would still depend on the outcome of the investigation. Thank you for understanding.
2019-9-17
Use props
JacksonSx
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 9-17 13:56
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify that the wi-fi information from the battery compartment of the DJI Spark is different from the wi-fi that appears on your mobile device, correct? Also, it's not the same on the box that came with the aircraft? If so, let us know where the unit was purchased so we can coordinate this with our related team.

If you purchase the DJI spark from our online store, you may contact our support using this link: www.dji.com/support for possible replacement; however, if it was purchased from our dealers, we would recommend coordinating the situation to the particular re-seller as alternative option for a replacement request.  In addition to this matter, the replacement process in DJI would be, the product must purchase 14 calendar days upon receiving it for US customers and 7 days for other countries. This would still depend on the outcome of the investigation. Thank you for understanding.

Hi, DJI Tony. Yes, wifi that I try to connect to is different from wifi on the aircraft and the box. I've bought it in online store - rememberdrive.ru. And in the box there were no paper manuals or brochures. If this issue is product defect from the factory then I can ask for replacement.
2019-9-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>

The important part, in my eyes, is:
The SN on the Spark and the SN on the Foam-Box, does they match?

If not, return as quick as possible!

Do you have a RC (Combo?)

You have to deal with TWO "Spark...." Wifis:

One from the Spark, which YOU DO NOT SEE, in case the spark is connected to an RC.
This one is ONLY available, in case you wanna fly the spark without RC, but Phone only!

And the RC Password, which also reads "Spark...." and comes with 12341234 Password, default.

If the foam box serial and the Spark serial is "same", connect the spark to the Computer with assistant 2
And check the wifi settings there.

I can imagine, that you tried to connect to the RC with Spark-wifi Password
2019-9-17
Use props
JacksonSx
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 9-17 23:31
The important part, in my eyes, is:
The SN on the Spark and the SN on the Foam-Box, does they match?

Hi, SN on Spark and on foam box are different. And I have only Spark, not RC.
I've changed wifi using assistant 2 and then was able to connect to spark
2019-9-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>

Good, so now check the SN which shows in the Go4 App
And take pictures of every part of your box and ask DJI Tony, how to get that to him.
Now you can fly, but still that need to be sorted out, methinks.
At least for warranty and why / how this has happend

Also check in the Go4 App, how.often the battery was charged.
Perhaps 2 package were on display, mixed, or one return somehow mixed "into" a new pack?
2019-9-18
Use props
Ben Mason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

If you post the serial number of the drone & battery(the one that shows in the DJI GO 4 app), you can get the activation date checked, i assume you activated it. With this information and your receipt you can see your warranty period.

If you take a picture of the QR sticker on the Spark(where the battery goes), Then press and hold the power button on the back of the spark for around 10 seconds, if you hear a triple beep you can let go(this should reset the wifi and let you connect again).

Assuming your activation date matches yours it shouldn't effect too much, the question would be are you happy with receiving a new item that has the wrong sticker on a Styrofoam hard case/box.
2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JacksonSx Posted at 9-17 14:27
Hi, DJI Tony. Yes, wifi that I try to connect to is different from wifi on the aircraft and the box. I've bought it in online store - rememberdrive.ru. And in the box there were no paper manuals or brochures. If this issue is product defect from the factory then I can ask for replacement.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've replied to your direct message with regard to this matter. Please check your inbox later. Thank you for your support!
2019-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules