P4P battery
913 5 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft

Bought an ebay battery from Aussie seller for about the right price marked genuine and have found it hard to extract from the battery bay. It is such a pain that I have not been using it much.
Recently I had cause to send the drone back for repair and included the battery to get the latching arrangements sorted sorted.
When returned a note said not genuine... end of that story.

There was some non Australian writing on the case, any idea what it says?

The internal serial # is 082ADBG0310700    don't know if they are zero's or capital O
Regards Tony.

P9180007ul.jpg
2019-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cradoka, we cannot find this battery in our system with the serial number you provided, may we have a picture of the serial number? Besides, where did you send the drone and the battery to? If it is official repair center, may we have the case number?
2019-9-18
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4

Hi ya mate,
What did the writing say?
I sent the drone to a Melbourne repair centre which came from yourselves so yes is genuine repairer. No longer have case #
Here is the external battery details.
Regards, Tony
BAT ul.jpg
2019-9-19
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4

Internal details
2019-9-19
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Neither Serial number is in DJI's system, so that means DJI didn't produce the battery, Also the serial number on the outside of the battery is similar to a Phantom 4 Pro Battery and the Serial number in the app is similar to a normal Phantom 4 battery, so even if the serial numbers were in the DJI database, warranty would be void because the battery SN is from a P4 and the sticker is from a P4P, which would mean the battery has been tampered with.

It's a shame but it seems you've been tricked, if the Ebay listing you saw stated this was an official DJI battery.
2019-9-20
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4

Ben Mason Posted at 9-20 00:53
Neither Serial number is in DJI's system, so that means DJI didn't produce the battery, Also the serial number on the outside of the battery is similar to a Phantom 4 Pro Battery and the Serial number in the app is similar to a normal Phantom 4 battery, so even if the serial numbers were in the DJI database, warranty would be void because the battery SN is from a P4 and the sticker is from a P4P, which would mean the battery has been tampered with.

It's a shame but it seems you've been tricked, if the Ebay listing you saw stated this was an official DJI battery.

TX for that Ben,

Let the buyer beware, I now wish I'd got onto that early and I reckon I would have been successful extracting my money back.
After reading your post I opened the battery  up, relieved the latching  arrangements  and it's nearly as good as the ones that came with the drone. Actually the original batteries latching isn't a marvel  either.

Catch ya, Tony.
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules