Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't activate
1709 14 2019-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Underdog1964
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47146 ft

Hi all, This is frustrating as I'm a bit of a DJI fanboy but...
I just received a sealed Osmo Action and have not been able to activate it.

I am using an iPhone 6S running iOS 12.4.1

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MiMo app version 1.2.4

When I go into the app, I can connect to the OA but as soon as I hit activate and agree to all the pop ups, the camera shows activating but the app shows

"activation failed - activation data error. Please restart the device and try again." Try again, same results.

I have an Osmo Pocket - no issues. Mavic Air - no issues.

As I type this, the OA has timed out again and powered off.
I had gone into the camera to ensure all settings were ok and now I have only two more times to use it without activation and am getting nervous.

Please DJI ninjas, help me!!!

Thanks in advance,
Richie

2019-9-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Try setting the timeout for longer.  Try another device if possible.
2019-9-17
Use props
Underdog1964
lvl.2

ff22 Posted at 9-17 18:33
Try setting the timeout for longer.  Try another device if possible.

If I set the timeout for longer, I'll have to go back into the camera again, no?
That will leave me one try and then I'm out  of luck.
I'll see if my iPad does any better.
Thanks and I'll keep you posted!
2019-9-17
Use props
Underdog1964
lvl.2

Underdog1964 Posted at 9-17 18:41
If I set the timeout for longer, I'll have to go back into the camera again, no?
That will leave me one try and then I'm out  of luck.
I'll see if my iPad does any better.

Same results
and now I have 1x remaining. Must have tapped the screen...

2019-9-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Underdog1964 Posted at 9-17 18:46
Same results
and now I have 1x remaining. Must have tapped the screen...

Well, then, maybe wait for a DJI rep to show up and provide some info.  

I don't know why they make activation so hard or, actually, why not let an owner of a camera use the damn thing.
2019-9-17
Use props
Underdog1964
lvl.2

ff22 Posted at 9-17 20:32
Well, then, maybe wait for a DJI rep to show up and provide some info.  

I don't know why they make activation so hard or, actually, why not let an owner of a camera use the damn thing.

Thanks for trying.
I agree, I own it, why can't I use it? This is crazy and something I haven't run into with a DJI product before.
Hopefully one of them will see this soon!
2019-9-18
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Underdog1964 Posted at 9-18 01:00
Thanks for trying.
I agree, I own it, why can't I use it? This is crazy and something I haven't run into with a DJI product before.
Hopefully one of them will see this soon!

I will reply just to keep the thread current.

MODS?????  Help this user.
2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I already sent you a PM kindly please check your inbox. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-9-18
Use props
Underdog1964
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-18 10:30
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I already sent you a PM kindly please check your inbox. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thanks ff22.

Gamora, I have responded to the PM. I don't know what else to try that the CS rep in chat hasn't had me do.
I'm open to suggestions though!

Love my Mavic Air
Love my Osmo Pocket
Not feeling too much love for my Osmo Action yet! ;-)
2019-9-18
Use props
Underdog1964
lvl.2

Ok, so I got on the phone with the DJI office in California and they gave me a case number to replace the unit.
I must admit i'm not really happy the this has happened but as with all things electronic, who knows what went wrong.
I just have to send them proof of purchase and they will send me a return late as well as a new unit.
it is the best solution available and the rep that helped (Jay) me was very nice.  
I hope to have good news when the new one gets here.
2019-9-18
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Underdog1964 Posted at 9-18 12:58
Ok, so I got on the phone with the DJI office in California and they gave me a case number to replace the unit.
I must admit i'm not really happy the this has happened but as with all things electronic, who knows what went wrong.
I just have to send them proof of purchase and they will send me a return late as well as a new unit.

Good luck (and filler since good luck is too short)
2019-9-18
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

This experience is why I always buy from a physical shop and ask them to set it up for me.  Then if it goes wrong it's their problem not mine.  Also means I don't have to deal with the manufacturer.
2019-9-18
Use props
Underdog1964
lvl.2

anthonyb Posted at 9-18 21:53
This experience is why I always buy from a physical shop and ask them to set it up for me.  Then if it goes wrong it's their problem not mine.  Also means I don't have to deal with the manufacturer.

Trust me, lesson learned! It should be easier to deal direct but not always.
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Underdog1964 Posted at 9-18 12:03
Thanks ff22.

Gamora, I have responded to the PM. I don't know what else to try that the CS rep in chat hasn't had me do.

We really appreciate your kindness. We're hoping that you will get your replacement Osmo Action soon. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-19
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

Is it possible there is an iPhone activation error?
Maybe there is a software-related issue within your iPhone and that prevents you from activating normally.
If so, you are suggested to repair the activation error with some widely-used solutions.
If you are unwilling to lose data, Joyoshare UltFix is ideal for you.
2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules