Video frames split and seeming out of order
728 6 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

I replaced the gimbal cable (cheap clone because that was available) on my P4P because of the camera error (had no communication with the camera) and I thought it was all fixed. It flys and captures still photos just fine.
But after viewing the recorded video I see frames that are a split combination of two frames, bad enough to sometimes look like the frames are out of order. I've tried different memory cards and can duplicate it down to 1080 30p. I usually shoot 2.7k 60p and have never had that problem before. Here's a three second clip showing the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyp46v ... HB-rf22.00.mp4?dl=0
You should be able to download it, might need to to see the problem.

I copy the file to my Mac... open in FCPX... export... run through Handbrake... etc... The problem is there every step of the way.

Maybe replace that cable with a DJI brand cable instead?

2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation since this issue is referring to the hardware of the drone and they will help us to fix this issue. You may refer to the link below to contact our support team online. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-9-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain

I downloaded your clip, and I can see a problem in it, but the clip is only 12.5 Megabits per second, which is way below the rate produced by the camera. Have you edited this on your computer? Where did you get this clip from? In order to work out what the issue is, we need to see a completely un-edited piece of video.
2019-9-18
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

Thanks for looking at this Geebax. Here's a link to a clip that I only trimmed with QT Player (I have to trim it, it's way to big for me to upload):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q35zf5duobhlfdl/trimmed.mov?dl=0

That first clip I did edit, only to trim and compress it.
But no matter what I see the same thing, edited or not, straight from the camera using QT Player, in FCPX, etc..

I don't know if this helps but here's a screen shot of a frame while viewing in QT Player, note the line just above the horizen that looks like a phone line. Sometimes that line is closer to the top or bottom of the frame, when it is it's curved. There are some frames like that in the new clip I uploaded:

2019-9-20
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-18 10:25
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation since this issue is referring to the hardware of the drone and they will help us to fix this issue. You may refer to the link below to contact our support team online. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks for this but I would expect any repair I send it in for will cost hundreds. The last set of batteries I bought for this started swelling in less than a year, I think they're 11 months old now. Because the first set lasted less than 2 years I configured the new set to give low battery warning at 35%, so I ALWAYS landed with at least 25% left. But that didn't seem to help. Now the Phantom line has been discontinued so I don't expect to be able to buy good (fresh) batteries anymore. I'm very frustrated with this. And the M2P I bought to replace this P4P has gimbal yaw follow issues. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated with that! I keep dumping money into DJI drones and accessories and keep having problems. These aren't lasting as long I think they should, firmware updates usually cause problems. etc. etc.

Long story short I don't think I'll be sending this in for repair when I can't get good batteries for it. In the Go 4 app the date of manufacture for all the batteries is NA. I can only assume they were all manufactured years ago and have been sitting in a hot warehouse ever since. That's why the first set lasted two years, the second set lasted one year, I'm not planing on buying a third set.
Edit: I realize what I'm doing here. DJI is laughing all the way to the bank: I buy one drone and it doesn't last so I buy another... Doing the same thing and expecting different results,  what's that the definition of?
2019-9-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain

fanse29f7d45 Posted at 9-20 03:18
Thanks for looking at this Geebax. Here's a link to a clip that I only trimmed with QT Player (I have to trim it, it's way to big for me to upload):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q35zf5duobhlfdl/trimmed.mov?dl=0

Unfortunately, your latest trimmed clip does not play for me, so I cannot offer any solution. I realise it may be too big to upload, but there is not much point in uploading any material that you have performed any post-production work on, as that work can be causing the problem, not the camera. Have you tried downloading a fee copy of VLCPlayer to see how it handles the clip?
2019-9-20
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 9-20 14:04
Unfortunately, your latest trimmed clip does not play for me, so I cannot offer any solution. I realise it may be too big to upload, but there is not much point in uploading any material that you have performed any post-production work on, as that work can be causing the problem, not the camera. Have you tried downloading a fee copy of VLCPlayer to see how it handles the clip?

Thanks for trying.
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules