Phantom 3 price currency...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

Stupid question...
If I buy the p3 for $1259 USD (American) will it change over to Canadian currency which will cost $1553 CAD at checkout, or on my credit card bill? Or will it stay American currency?
Thx

2015-6-9
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I believe when you purchase in US funds , you pay in US funds then the credit card does the exchange rate and a added fee . The you get billed in Canadian $$$ on the card .  I ordered mine from HERE . Everything came quick and is a authorized dealer for Canada .
2015-6-9
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

If you order with PayPal, you have a choice of converting with PayPal or converting with the credit card company.  There are advantages to converting with PayPal, because if you cancel the order the full amount is refunded to your linked credit card.  However, if you choose to let the credit card company convert, and then need to cancel or return, you will get dinged twice for the conversion and lose about $75.  Basically, they charge 3% commission each way.  So if the CDN dollar is at $0.80, you will only get $0.77 when you buy, but get charged $0.83 for cancellation or refund.  That 6% on USD $1259 adds up to USD $75.00!  You can avoid all of this and protect yourself by using PayPal and choosing to pay in Canadian dollars.  Believe me, I learned this the hard way (:

Also, depending on what province you are in, you can save up to $300 if you buy direct from DJI instead of a Canadian dealer.  So, for example, compare this link at DJI of $1259 with all taxes and duties included and this link at BestBuy.ca where the same item costs $1833 with taxes.  Even after the exchange rate, you save a lot of money . . enough to get a hard shell case and battery for free, if you buy direct from DJI.
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules