Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When will Smart Controller users expect to see the GO4 v4.3.24 up...
1855 25 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Why DJI have this delay on realeasing updates for their own products?? There is a so called beta version for the Smart Controller for almost a year, with no feedback or any support from DJI....
Maybe Smart controller is already doomed to obsolecence just like the Crystal Sky monitors??

2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Our designated department is currently working on this matter to have the updated version of the DJI GO 4 application and it would be released in the nearest future. In the mean-time, the latest software can be downloaded to our website and applied to the Smart controller. Thank you for understanding.
2019-9-18
Use props
djl61
First Officer
Flight distance : 795810 ft

SC and Crystal Sky users should be the first or at least get the up date at the same time since we paid a premium for the hardware!!!
2019-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>

No to sure SC is doomed yet, but a couple of things dji should remember, they unequivocally said to forum users here that those who purchased SC would not have to wait any longer than other users to be up to date with SW, obviously that was a joke.

Regarding beta, I can only tell you from my experience as a so called beta tester, I have posted some findings here on the forum , I have sent reports directly to dji, I have had No, Nada, Zilch response from dji, I have come to the conclusion it was a complete waste of our time djis time and onlookers time.
Beta is effectively dead in the water and it now requires dji to come here explain to those who took part to those users waiting to know outcomes, where this is going, when this will be sorted and when we can get back to flying on a par with all other users .

Thanks for posting the thread ........
2019-9-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-18 10:14
No to sure SC is doomed yet, but a couple of things dji should remember, they unequivocally said to forum users here that those who purchased SC would not have to wait any longer than other users to be up to date with SW, obviously that was a joke.

Regarding beta, I can only tell you from my experience as a so called beta tester, I have posted some findings here on the forum , I have sent reports directly to dji, I have had No, Nada, Zilch response from dji, I have come to the conclusion it was a complete waste of our time djis time and onlookers time.

So, brother hallmark007, since you're on top of all Mavic 2 Pro issues apparently ... Let me ask you a simple question: what is wrong with existing M2P + Smart Controller setup?

The reason for this question? I'm considering a purchase to perform some landscape filming missions and close-ups where my venerable Inspire 2 will be exposed to dangerous proximity challenges. I hope to take the advantage of praised Mavic's flight/hover stability, talents Inspire 2 is lacking. Please advice.
2019-9-18
Use props
Dronie2
Captain
Flight distance : 1336365 ft

Regarding beta, I can only tell you from my experience as a so called beta tester, I have posted some findings here on the forum , I have sent reports directly to dji, I have had No, Nada, Zilch response from dji, I have come to the conclusion it was a complete waste of our time djis time and onlookers time.

Totally agree. It is a tease the issue of updates for SC, both firmware and/or DJI GO 4
2019-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-18 10:43
So, brother hallmark007, since you're on top of all Mavic 2 Pro issues apparently ... Let me ask you a simple question: what is wrong with existing M2P + Smart Controller setup?

The reason for this question? I'm considering a purchase to perform some landscape filming missions and close-ups where my venerable Inspire 2 will be exposed to dangerous proximity challenges. I hope to take the advantage of praised Mavic's flight/hover stability, talents Inspire 2 is lacking. Please advice.

Hi Matt, although SC is a couple of stages off dji go4 updates and particularly new FW which has fixed problems with working with waypoints 2 and Litchi etc.
It works pretty well with almost no problems, the new beta program was pretty simple and mainly featured live broadcasting on social media And skytalk of which I see little or no benefits to me.

It’s very hard to knock anything about it’s convenience and general working capabilities, it really works flawlessly, I have never had any app crashes with it, in seven months I have lost signal once.
I now have all my flights stored on dedicated unit, I never have to be concerned about my phone being charged or getting overloaded with junk that shouldn’t be on a phone, I know many use tablets dedicated and this will obviously help with not having to use phone.

I have to say my favorite thing about it is how quick from turning on to being ready to fly is, although I’m never in a rush to get flying, this is just so much better, I can also switch from my M2P to M2Z Extremely without fuss and very quick.

The Feed is extremely clear in most conditions with no lag .

If you were asking me I’d say you won’t be sorry you purchased and you’ll find great use for it, it’s very much more than a controller. (Hopefully they keep it updated)
2019-9-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 9-18 11:08
Hi Matt, although SC is a couple of stages off dji go4 updates and particularly new FW which has fixed problems with working with waypoints 2 and Litchi etc.
It works pretty well with almost no problems, the new beta program was pretty simple and mainly featured live broadcasting on social media And skytalk of which I see little or no benefits to me.

Thank you, bro. This summer I was playing a lot with Osmo Pocket and gee, I'm blown by 4K quality they've been able to pull from this ridiculous gadget! I hope M2P will deliver more than Osmo in terms of IQ. I need truly stable low flights in tight spaces like a creek bed or forest floor, places where Inspire 2 is wobbling and dancing like a drunken sailor. Will M2P do that, you think?
2019-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-18 11:30
Thank you, bro. This summer I was playing a lot with Osmo Pocket and gee, I'm blown by 4K quality they've been able to pull from this ridiculous gadget! I hope M2P will deliver more than Osmo in terms of IQ. I need truly stable low flights in tight spaces like a creek bed or forest floor, places where Inspire 2 is wobbling and dancing like a drunken sailor. Will M2P do that, you think?

It’s extremely stable I don’t think there is anything better out there that will do this job with the quality your looking for, I think you will be pleasantly surprised just how good this really is .

Good luck and I hope it goes well for you .
2019-9-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

djl61 Posted at 9-18 09:49
SC and Crystal Sky users should be the first or at least get the up date at the same time since we paid a premium for the hardware!!!

I agree with you buddy....
2019-9-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

Thanks for endorsing me buddy, I wish DJI had more to say than the standard answer DJI Tony gave us...
2019-9-18
Use props
djiuser_h6aHUJnW5xKX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20128 ft

Just purchased the SC and a M2Z a week ago. I work in software development as a product manager, and the fact that DJI's release cycle puts their flagship product in the back of the line is very telling. There are bugs all over the place in this unit, including placeholders for future features. I'm going to wait for a few weeks for the update, and it better include way more for the SC than waypoints and battery discharge. Else this thing is going back in the box.
2019-9-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

djiuser_h6aHUJnW5xKX Posted at 9-18 12:36
Just purchased the SC and a M2Z a week ago. I work in software development as a product manager, and the fact that DJI's release cycle puts their flagship product in the back of the line is very telling. There are bugs all over the place in this unit, including placeholders for future features. I'm going to wait for a few weeks for the update, and it better include way more for the SC than waypoints and battery discharge. Else this thing is going back in the box.

I’m not experiencing all these bugs and I’m using daily, in fact I’ve had no problems, my problem is it needs to be updated to fall in line with other RC units .

Not sure where you purchased if it was dji direct you will run out of time to return pretty fast .
2019-9-18
Use props
Wiredinoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20128 ft

Purchased on Amazon after seeing how the chinese government owners of DJI bumped the prices. There are bugs, crappy workflow, and placeholders in the UI. All items that could rapidly be fixed if their dev team adhered to CI/CD development methodologies. Their release cycles are indicative of a hack software shop. In this day and age we should be seeing regular releases. Like every 30-60 days.Just my .02.
2019-9-18
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-18 09:13
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Our designated department is currently working on this matter to have the updated version of the DJI GO 4 application and it would be released in the nearest future. In the mean-time, the latest software can be downloaded to our website and applied to the Smart controller. Thank you for understanding.

Update the Android system too but most importantly fix the way the Automatic channel frequency selection works.
2019-9-18
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 960732 ft

djl61 Posted at 9-18 09:49

Im utterly amazed that this isnt the case. Paying handsomely for the SC sees us at the back of the queue for updates and we're not talking days either. More like months. Seriously wrong.
2019-9-19
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3

djiuser_h6aHUJnW5xKX Posted at 9-18 12:36

Shame youre suffering with the SC.

Can understand if you were using a device from launch with its many teething issues, although saying that, even then. it did its job perfectly for me and nowadays its even better. No issues at all for my use.

2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 9-18 18:42
Update the Android system too but most importantly fix the way the Automatic channel frequency selection works.

Hi, thanks for the additional information. Your idea would be added forwarded to our designated department. Thank you for support!
2019-9-19
Use props
fans8b803c8d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

In another thread on this topic DJI Tony makes an astonishing admission, but at least we now know why the Smart Controller, 9 months after its launch, cannot update its customised version of the GO4 app. (He refers to FAQ 11 on DJI's SC website page which states that the customised SC GO4 app will be updated simultaneously with the standard GO4 app.)

DJI Tony: 'Regarding this FAQ, as of the time being, the self updating on the DJI GO 4 app hasn't been applied to the Smart controller, therefore, this feature is not yet available in order to update the app separately. However, as our team is working on this, the latest app will be released in the near future. We're hoping for your understanding.

Given that the Smart Controller must have been in design development and production for at least a year or more, prior to launch, the question must be asked; why is such a key feature, self-updating the GO4 app still not enabled on the Smart Controller? This inevitably raises doubts about DJI's software development team and their priorities. I'm sure the team is technically capable enough but perhaps they are compromised by poor management and by working on too many products.
2019-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>

You can clearly see from FAQ on dji website for SC that it says that dji go4 app and dji go4 for SC will be updated simultaneously.
Well it’s pretty clear this is completely untrue and needs to either be removed as a lie on djis website or policy needs to change regarding updating SC.

2019-10-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain

hallmark007 Posted at 10-7 09:08
You can clearly see from FAQ on dji website for SC that it says that dji go4 app and dji go4 for SC will be updated simultaneously.
Well it’s pretty clear this is completely untrue and needs to either be removed as a lie on djis website or policy needs to change regarding updating SC.

Some guys on Mavic Pilots Forum are reporting to have a new FW update to Android v4.3.25.  The update description is a bug fix. I've just checked the download page, for me still shows v4.3.24 and nothing to the Smart Controller. Can anyone check this info?Link for the thread on Mavic Pilots:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/firmware-update-dji-go-4-ver-4-3-25-android.74016/?utm_source=weekly_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10-5-19

2019-10-7
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

ro_flyer Posted at 10-7 11:26
Some guys on Mavic Pilots Forum are reporting to have a new FW update to Android v4.3.25.  The update description is a bug fix. I've just checked the download page, for me still shows v4.3.24 and nothing to the Smart Controller. Can anyone check this info?Link for the thread on Mavic Pilots:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/firmware-update-dji-go-4-ver-4-3-25-android.74016/?utm_source=weekly_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10-5-19

I come across the .025 version on unofficial website here
Tested on my Note 9 which was sucessfully installed and upgraded the 0.24 to 0.25.
However external installation on SC was failed , giving a message saying that the file is corrupted.
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3

akozc Posted at 10-8 04:12
I come across the .025 version on unofficial website here
Tested on my Note 9 which was sucessfully installed and upgraded the 0.24 to 0.25.
However external installation on SC was failed , giving a message saying that the file is corrupted.

My android phone just got Vx.x.25.

Bit of a joke really. My SC hasnt even been updated to 24 before my phone got this latest update.
2019-10-8
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

Sunstone Posted at 10-8 11:55
My android phone just got Vx.x.25.

Bit of a joke really. My SC hasnt even been updated to 24 before my phone got this latest update.

".25 version is compatible with Android 8.0" that is what the unoffical download page points hope this is a joke as SC is still on Android 7ish version.
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3

akozc Posted at 10-8 16:44
".25 version is compatible with Android 8.0" that is what the unoffical download page points hope this is a joke as SC is still on Android 7ish version.

Oh god yeah, I'd forgotten about the fact that the SC is Android 7. Oh deary me.
2019-10-8
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.3

As a side note. A droning friend in the UK has just updated his SC firmware to V01.00.0590 and his Go4 to V4.3.21 ??!! hhmmm  where im on V01.00.530 and V4.3.16 ......
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules