App crash Osmo 3 and Android 6
2856 14 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MLB
New

Hi there, I've just received me Osmo 3 and was stoked to get started with my Samsung G6, Android 6.
However after logging in to the app and downloading firmware the app keeps crashing:
Wifi, location and bluetooth are turned on, connection to Osmo made.

When I press CAMERA it apprears for half a second and then closes the app.
Anybody have insights into why this is happening?
The gimbal is useless now. Thanks.
2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it may caused. We would like to isolate this matter if this would be an application problem or compatibility of the phone and Osmo Mobile 3. We highly suggest using  a different mobile device which is compatible with our Osmo mobile 3. The compatible device can be found by clicking this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en.pdf. I've attached a photo for the compatible Samsung devices. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your understanding.

2019-9-18
Use props
MLB
New

DJI Tony Posted at 9-18 10:52
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it may caused. We would like to isolate this matter if this would be an application problem or compatibility of the phone and Osmo Mobile 3. We highly suggest using  a different mobile device which is compatible with our Osmo mobile 3. The compatible device can be found by clicking this link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en.pdf. I've attached a photo for the compatible Samsung devices. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your understanding.

[view_image]

Thanks for getting back to me.
Very disappointing to read that it cannot be used with a Samsung Galaxy s6, because when I purchased this product, the seller had a list of cellphone models that work with it and it included the S6!
It's operated by Android 6 and I even tried another phone that's Android 8, both have the same problem that the app crashes. DJI does advertise it works with Android 6.
So basically I spent a lot of money on a product that I can't use, that supports a very limited range of new and higher end phones.
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MLB Posted at 9-19 17:58
Thanks for getting back to me.
Very disappointing to read that it cannot be used with a Samsung Galaxy s6, because when I purchased this product, the seller had a list of cellphone models that work with it and it included the S6!
It's operated by Android 6 and I even tried another phone that's Android 8, both have the same problem that the app crashes. DJI does advertise it works with Android 6.

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. The application may react differently when using incompatible device and if it has an outdated operating system. However, we would like to ensure if this an application problem on our end for us to forward it to our designated department for a quick fix, therefore, you may try to use a compatible device that running the latest operating system. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-22
Use props
Scuti
New

United Kingdom

Saying that a device is not supported is not the right answer guys !!!  Provide a better answer.  When will the patch be available?  Is there a work around?  I have the Oslo Mobile 2 working fine on a Samsung Galaxy A10 and a second, brand new Osmo Mobile 3 which as above, crashes the app.  I have downloaded several versions of the app and it still crashes.  It recognises the device, I can use the regular camera feature with basic functionality like switching between back and front camera.  So, the issue is with your APP.  When you click connect within your App, it connects then when the camera begins to work for a micro second, it crashes the app and freezes.  It must be something minor.
2019-10-19
Use props
djiuser_xe8bZAEmJfYq
New

Australia

Scuti Posted at 10-19 05:32
Saying that a device is not supported is not the right answer guys !!!  Provide a better answer.  When will the patch be available?  Is there a work around?  I have the Oslo Mobile 2 working fine on a Samsung Galaxy A10 and a second, brand new Osmo Mobile 3 which as above, crashes the app.  I have downloaded several versions of the app and it still crashes.  It recognises the device, I can use the regular camera feature with basic functionality like switching between back and front camera.  So, the issue is with your APP.  When you click connect within your App, it connects then when the camera begins to work for a micro second, it crashes the app and freezes.  It must be something minor.

i could not agree more. begging for an app update!!
2019-10-29
Use props
Olja Obretković
New

Hungary

Hello, I have the same problem here. My phone is Samsung S8 which is supported by DJI memo app. Every time I enter the app it works good for a while and then just crashes and exits from the app. App worked good few days ago. Do you have any tips how to fix this?
2019-10-29
Use props
Lambert
lvl.2

Germany

I just received my osmo mobile 3 and have the same problem! The app crashes immediately when opening the camera.
I've got android 8
I'll send the osmo back to the shop as it doesn't work
2019-11-3
Use props
djiuser_7fJocpOdTX4V
lvl.1
Turkey

I'm having the same issue. I am using Samsung Galaxy S10+ and it's listed in the compatibility chart DJI provides. It's really a shame. The hardware is amazing; but the Mimo app is garbage as is and needs an immediate update. Hope DJI figures this out very soon or lots of units will be returned. Not good for DJI's reputation.

Looking forward to hearing from DJI.
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_eZIDYcEckNYk
New
Canada

I bought an Osmo 3 today and all day I've been using it with my Samsung S10+ and it is extremely frustrating that in the middle of filming it closes the app.  At times it would shut down 5-6 times back to back.  

Please fix!
2019-11-10
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_eZIDYcEckNYk Posted at 11-10 19:48
I bought an Osmo 3 today and all day I've been using it with my Samsung S10+ and it is extremely frustrating that in the middle of filming it closes the app.  At times it would shut down 5-6 times back to back.  

Please fix!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-201450-1-1.html
2019-11-10
Use props
ans0600
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_7fJocpOdTX4V Posted at 11-7 00:05
I'm having the same issue. I am using Samsung Galaxy S10+ and it's listed in the compatibility chart DJI provides. It's really a shame. The hardware is amazing; but the Mimo app is garbage as is and needs an immediate update. Hope DJI figures this out very soon or lots of units will be returned. Not good for DJI's reputation.

Looking forward to hearing from DJI.

2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_eZIDYcEckNYk
New
Canada

ans0600 Posted at 11-10 22:36

Thank you for the reply and the progress thread.  

I am not enjoying the first time experience i am having with this app and unit.  Being directed to another thread is zero help to me.  The team working to figure this out doesn't seem to know for the problem.  I have barely used my unit because of this.  

Being interrupted by the app shutting down or Osmo disconnecting renders this useless to me.   THANKS
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_eZIDYcEckNYk
New
Canada

2019-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_eZIDYcEckNYk Posted at 11-12 19:55
Thank you for the reply and the progress thread.  

I am not enjoying the first time experience i am having with this app and unit.  Being directed to another thread is zero help to me.  The team working to figure this out doesn't seem to know for the problem.  I have barely used my unit because of this.  

The answer to your question is in lots of other threads.  A revised app is rolling out to users.  Google are dictating how quickly it rolls out.  The problem was an Android security update which 'broke' Mimo.  As soon  as DJI were able to replicate the problem - when their test phones got the security update and were therefore affected - they got to work, fixed it, tested it, and released it to Google for the Play Store.  I realise you've had a bad experience but as far as we users can tell, the whole thing wasn't the fault of DJI.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules