Line Follower Program
8873 10 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

Anyone knows of links/pointers to do a line following program?
2019-9-18
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

You you go to https://www.dji.com/robomaster-s1/programming-guide and check the "Smart -> enable line identification" section you will see the basics of it. Then all you need to do, in general terms,is to move the robot based on the identified position and keep adjusting the position so the robot stays on track.
2019-9-18
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thank you. I know how it works, as I've done this with the Lego Mindstorms and a color/light sensor... Has anyone built the whole program and can share? I'm a bit 'impatient' and would love to see a working version quickly.
2019-9-20
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

I want to update and clean this a bit, but here are some fun and short programs I've churned out:

https://github.com/markind69/Vision_Marker_Chaser
2019-9-20
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thank you very much
2019-9-21
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

BTW, I just realized the line following program is is the programming guide although a bit hidden. Look in:

Smart -> 6. set exposure value to (high)

The sample program here is the line following program.
2019-10-10
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

BGA Posted at 10-10 08:56
BTW, I just realized the line following program is is the programming guide although a bit hidden. Look in:

Smart -> 6. set exposure value to (high)

Also, now, as of Version 1.0.6 you can pick the line color to work with, start with multiple lines entries and pick the one you wish to follow.
5. Set line identification color to (); and
17. Identified line info
I'm working on an interesting programming challenge that would exploit those features.
Story to follow...

2019-10-10
Use props
BGA
lvl.4

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 10-10 11:16
Also, now, as of Version 1.0.6 you can pick the line color to work with, start with multiple lines entries and pick the one you wish to follow.
5. Set line identification color to (); and
17. Identified line info

I saw this in the changelog but that got me confused. I am pretty sure these things were already documented in the programming guide. Were they not working? I did not play with line following at all.
2019-10-10
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4

BGA Posted at 10-10 14:47
I saw this in the changelog but that got me confused. I am pretty sure these things were already documented in the programming guide. Were they not working? I did not play with line following at all.

It's possible it was documented but not implemented or buggy.

Someone still running Versions 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 would have to give the function a spin to see if it works.
2019-10-10
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

I am just about to do the latest updates for App and firmware.  

So, at my current versions, Line Following works great.  Very solid tracking and the S1 can follow it pretty fast and follow respectable curves.  It's actually fairly impressive.

Caveat:  works best on white flat floors in excellent lighting.  Dark floors, very difficult - not enough contrast for the model to lock onto the line.

Now, crossing my fingers, hoping nothing messes up with my new updates...
2019-10-12
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4

Whew, firmware and App updates successful.  I used my Windows PC with wired ethernet connection.  Now to update the Apps in my two mobile devices...
2019-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules