Firmware 01.00.510 Go4 Waypoints Test Flight
901 19 2019-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dgc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 375807 ft

Short Go4 flight with my Mavic 2 Pro to test Waypoints mode after updating to the new firmware. Flight was planned in the Go4 app. One POI and six waypoints flown at a cruising speed of ~9mph. Both polyline and arc type routes were used (see titles). Turns are much smoother in Arc mode. I don't see any jittery panning action and to my eyes the panning is very smooth. The only thing I wish was better is maintaining the POI in the center of the frame. Recorded in 4k but rendered in 1080p.

2019-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>

Great review - thanks for sharing
2019-9-18
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft

Thanks for the test
2019-9-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Good to see some real world tests,  thanks.  
2019-9-19
Use props
MJRH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23825 ft

Thanks for the review, very helpful.
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

Stay tuned for other real world tests (coming soon). But for this: the flight is quite smooth, ok, but the poi - as told - is many times out of center. And this is on an easy flight, close to a circle with about constant angle of view and distance, and quite dull angles at the way points ( the intelligent flight mode Points of Interest would have performed much better for this task). With other flight courses the result is much less pleasant.
2019-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

DrohneSG Posted at 9-19 03:06
Stay tuned for other real world tests (coming soon). But for this: the flight is quite smooth, ok, but the poi - as told - is many times out of center. And this is on an easy flight, close to a circle with about constant angle of view and distance, and quite dull angles at the way points ( the intelligent flight mode Points of Interest would have performed much better for this task). With other flight courses the result is much less pleasant.

Looking forward to it
2019-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the test
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

A J Posted at 9-19 04:48
Looking forward to it

It is online now:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198410
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, we really appreciate you for sharing this awesome footage that you had captured. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

DrohneSG Posted at 9-19 06:31
It is online now:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=198410

2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

Unfortunately there are some render errors. Video will be replaced soon.
2019-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

DrohneSG Posted at 9-19 09:40
Unfortunately there are some render errors. Video will be replaced soon.

Yeah, it kept blacking out every ten seconds or so - difficult to gauge
2019-9-19
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer

A J Posted at 9-19 09:42
Yeah, it kept blacking out every ten seconds or so - difficult to gauge

now new version uploaded, most hopefully no more black parts
2019-9-19
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft

dgc, thank you for posting this trial, it helps some of we new folks see what things are done with a drone.  Is that place you were standing normally used for helicopters?  Don't think it is just a turn-around place.
2019-9-19
Use props
dgc
lvl.3

HH1 Posted at 9-19 11:19
dgc, thank you for posting this trial, it helps some of we new folks see what things are done with a drone.  Is that place you were standing normally used for helicopters?  Don't think it is just a turn-around place.

No. It is just a turnaround at the end of a short road. There are airports within a few miles of this location. I had  FAA  authorization via LANNC  with an altitude limit of 200 feet and a DJI Geo Zone authorization (unlock).
2019-9-19
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft

dgc Posted at 9-19 12:20
No. It is just a turnaround at the end of a short road. There are airports within a few miles of this location. I had  FAA  authorization via LANNC  with an altitude limit of 200 feet and a DJI Geo Zone authorization (unlock).

Really, just a turn-around, that surprises me because, it goes a ways till the turn-around.  I also have had good luck with the kittyhawk and the laanc.  I truly like the feature in kittyhawk where you can see representations of active flight of Dji drones.  The LIVE traffic.
2019-9-21
Use props
djiuser_mMN19KH9PKul
lvl.1

Dji drone
2019-9-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

There's a noticeable hiccup at every point, which renders the entire concept of POLYLINE rather useless, at least from filmmakers point of view. Apparently the drone brakes abruptly, performs relatively smooth yaw and starts flying to the next point. Nice slowing and smooth turn around the point (with programmable radius) will be a dream, I assume. ARC mode seem to deliver much more appealing results, indeed.
2019-9-21
Use props
dgc
lvl.3

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-21 18:47
There's a noticeable hiccup at every point, which renders the entire concept of POLYLINE rather useless, at least from filmmakers point of view. Apparently the drone brakes abruptly, performs relatively smooth yaw and starts flying to the next point. Nice slowing and smooth turn around the point (with programmable radius) will be a dream, I assume. ARC mode seem to deliver much more appealing results, indeed.

Yes, Polyline waypoint transitions are abrupt. Arc mode is smoother but the problem with maintaining the POI, at least, near the center of the frame has not been solved. The yaw and gimbal pitch calculations for each waypoint are not accurate enough.
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules