Gimbal wheel controlling exposure instead of gimbal
1684 11 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zachey
lvl.1

Hi,

The wheel on the back of my Mavic Air's controller controls the -/+ exposure instead of controlling the up/down for the gimbal.
I can control the gimbal from the touch screen of my phone, but it's not as easy to make it smooth while moving around.
I looked in the settings but saw nothing to remap the wheel to something else. Did I miss something? Do someone know how I can fix that?

Thanks!
2019-9-19
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft

You may change the gains for the wheel, so it will be more slow and smooth (start speed and stop speed). Is it better?
2019-9-19
Use props
Zachey
lvl.1

The problem is not that it's too fast or too slow, it is that the wheel controls the exposure instead of the gimbal for the camera.
2019-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Very odd - try refreshing the firmware
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if your camera setting is in Auto or Manual? Have you tried to re-link the remote controller to the aircraft to see if there will be changes. In addition to this matter, please ensure that the firmware is updated. You could also send us a video showing the problem for further assistance. The video can be uploaded using google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-19
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4

Did you by chance change the function of the wheel in the Go4 app?
2019-9-19
Use props
Zachey
lvl.1

@DJI Tony
I will try refreshing the firmware, but it's not a new problem. My Mavic Air always does that since I have it, I just didn't know it was not the supposed to work like that for a few months.
I work mostly in automatic but it does it even in Manual mode. I will upload a video when I got the chance!

@Flycaster
I looked all the settings several times to find where I could change the function of the wheel in the App, I found nothing. If you know where it is or if it simply exists, please tell me!
2019-9-28
Use props
Peter von Frosta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39659 ft

you can always change the exposure by pressing the customizable button (C-Button) and turning the Wheel at the same time.
Maybe you push this Button by accident while "moving the Gimbal" or your C-Button is faulty?
2019-9-28
Use props
djiuser_sToVQKX4Kad1
New

Croatia

How can i solve this? Please help!
2020-12-4
Use props
djiuser_sToVQKX4Kad1
New

Croatia

Zachey Posted at 2019-9-28 18:55
@DJI Tony
I will try refreshing the firmware, but it's not a new problem. My Mavic Air always does that since I have it, I just didn't know it was not the supposed to work like that for a few months.
I work mostly in automatic but it does it even in Manual mode. I will upload a video when I got the chance!

And the solve is? I have the same problem
2020-12-4
Use props
djiuser_sToVQKX4Kad1
New

Croatia

Zachey Posted at 2019-9-28 18:55
@DJI Tony

The solve please?
2020-12-4
Use props
Zachey
lvl.1
Canada

I don't have this mavic air anymore, it's been a while. I think the problem was that the C button was sticky, so it was as if I was always pressing it. And sometimes I held the controller too tight so I was pressing C without realising. I think I removed the option to change exposure from holding C, so it always stayed in gimbal mode. Hope it helps!
2020-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules