Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Will Not Connect to my Wifi
17876 16 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneNewsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft
  • >>>

Have reset wifi settings.
Wifi password is 100% correct.
When i select 'connect' the Smart Controller does nothing.
There is no popup or message that says that it tried and failed or anything.
Not acceptable.
PLease advise DJI.
2019-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify if you successfully activated the Smart controller? If so, you may try to perform a factory reset to the Smart controller to see if there will be changes. You may follow the screenshots below for resetting the wi-fi. Thank you for your support.

2019-9-19
Use props
DroneNewsGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 9-19 10:12
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify if you successfully activated the Smart controller? If so, you may try to perform a factory reset to the Smart controller to see if there will be changes. You may follow the screenshots below for resetting the wi-fi. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

This did not work.
There is no reason for the controller to not connect to my wifi.
Network is visible.
Correct password entered.
When I google this problem there are a lot of other users experiencing the same issue I am.
Please resolve.So far I can only get smart controller to connect to internet using the hotspot on my iphone.

2019-9-30
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>

DroneNewsGuy Posted at 9-30 17:45
This did not work.
Network is visible.

On your WiFi router set the authentication method to Personal WPA and the encryption method to TKIP or TKIP+AES and try again.
2019-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

This did not work.
Network is visible.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. May I know if it would allow you to have an access to the internet when the Smart controller is connected to the hot spot of the phone? Would it be possible if you could try to change the password of your wi-fi to see if that would help? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!
2019-10-3
Use props
DroneNewsGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 10-3 14:08
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. May I know if it would allow you to have an access to the internet when the Smart controller is connected to the hot spot of the phone? Would it be possible if you could try to change the password of your wi-fi to see if that would help? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!

If I remove security on my wifi and make it an 'open' network the smart controller connects fine.
As soon as I change to WPA Personal with a password it will not connect.
2019-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DroneNewsGuy Posted at 10-7 12:41
If I remove security on my wifi and make it an 'open' network the smart controller connects fine.
As soon as I change to WPA Personal with a password it will not connect.

Hi. we're sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you could try to use a different internet connection to see if you would get the same behavior? Please let us know for further check. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-19
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

This did not work.
Network is visible.

Try this...

Settings, More...., Go Share, Set Go Share Hotspot, scroll down to select AP Band choose 2.4GHz band or 5GHz band.
2019-10-19
Use props
Monument.AL
New
Flight distance : 133182 ft
Australia

Hi DroneNewsGuy.  I too had this problem.   I had just updated the firmware on my Smart Controller plus had a new router installed when converted over to Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) this week. I wasn't sure what caused the Wi-Fi connection to no longer work on the Smart Controller.  Tried the above suggestions but none worked (that last one setting the Go SHare Hotspot was a bit left field).  I then went to the MavicPilots forum at https://mavicpilots.com where I get most of my information and discovered a thread that suggested.... Some devices having troubles to connect to WiFi hotspots with authentication set to WPA2 personal encryption AES only.  Change this setting in your WiFi hotspot/router to "WPA personal AES+TKIP"

In my case I changed the Security Mode in my modem from WPA2 PSK to WPA+WPA2 PSK, and then my Smart Controller connected first time.  Try it.  Good Luck.
2020-2-21
Use props
flashmobbstudios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2766 ft
United States

Go To Smart Controller And Reset All Network Setting And Sign Back Into Your Wi-Fi Settings Works Great!

2020-8-23
Use props
DroneNewsGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Monument.AL Posted at 2-21 01:21
Hi DroneNewsGuy.  I too had this problem.   I had just updated the firmware on my Smart Controller plus had a new router installed when converted over to Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) this week. I wasn't sure what caused the Wi-Fi connection to no longer work on the Smart Controller.  Tried the above suggestions but none worked (that last one setting the Go SHare Hotspot was a bit left field).  I then went to the MavicPilots forum at https://mavicpilots.com where I get most of my information and discovered a thread that suggested.... Some devices having troubles to connect to WiFi hotspots with authentication set to WPA2 personal encryption AES only.  Change this setting in your WiFi hotspot/router to "WPA personal AES+TKIP"

In my case I changed the Security Mode in my modem from WPA2 PSK to WPA+WPA2 PSK, and then my Smart Controller connected first time.  Try it.  Good Luck.

This worked perfectly.
2020-11-7
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DroneNewsGuy Posted at 2019-9-30 17:45
This did not work.
Network is visible.

I also am having same problem.
only hot spot on my iphone working
2021-2-8
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Monument.AL Posted at 2020-2-21 01:21
Hi DroneNewsGuy.  I too had this problem.   I had just updated the firmware on my Smart Controller plus had a new router installed when converted over to Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) this week. I wasn't sure what caused the Wi-Fi connection to no longer work on the Smart Controller.  Tried the above suggestions but none worked (that last one setting the Go SHare Hotspot was a bit left field).  I then went to the MavicPilots forum at https://mavicpilots.com where I get most of my information and discovered a thread that suggested.... Some devices having troubles to connect to WiFi hotspots with authentication set to WPA2 personal encryption AES only.  Change this setting in your WiFi hotspot/router to "WPA personal AES+TKIP"

I can't seem to find those security settings in my modem.
Helix/Xfinity style modem. SC used to work with wi-fi but not anymore.
2021-2-8
Use props
jurod339
New

United States

so i was having the same problem and i went into my router setting menu and changed the security method from being WPA2-PSK and i changed it to read WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and it worked immediately try that download the router app which for me would the netgear nighthawk app and it worked right away with out any issues.  i hope this helps.
2021-2-23
Use props
fans7e06e8b1
New
Flight distance : 486 ft
Australia

I've signed out of my account on my Phantom 4 pro plus i.e. controller has the screen attached but when I restart it tells me to sign in but it says network unavailable - check your internet connection
Nowhere on the initial start up of controller is there a settings icon for me to connect to the internet - any ideas
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_SvowNDvXSIDs
New

United Kingdom

I've tried all of the above and nothing seems to work for me... Can't even get the smart controller to connect for the first time over broadband or mobile network.

According to my isp everything is fine but I can see in the logs the router/firewall seems to be dropping the inbound requests.  Tried turning the firewall off on the router and still doesn't want to connect!

Any suggestions?
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_SvowNDvXSIDs Posted at 8-26 05:42
I've tried all of the above and nothing seems to work for me... Can't even get the smart controller to connect for the first time over broadband or mobile network.

According to my isp everything is fine but I can see in the logs the router/firewall seems to be dropping the inbound requests.  Tried turning the firewall off on the router and still doesn't want to connect!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Since you already did all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue, but the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the RC in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules