Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Incomplete RM S1 Video Tutorial Set
2091 9 2019-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

I have been going through the collection of video tutorials made available either through the RM S1 Lab or at the following URL:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65kukZorPdNOxhkBYg9JH_F-9w9Xbp1D

Of the 4 video tutorials, one explains the concept of PID Control, but only goes so far as to discuss the "P", or Proportional portion of PID. It suggests to viewers that they view the other video tutorials to learn about the "I" and "D" aspects of PID control. The problem is that neither of those two videos are made available.

The video tutorial presents a Marker tracking Scratch program, which is says it will describe. However, it never goes into describing the program, which I find confusing.

I hope DJI Support will rapidly correct this shortfall and that they will also add other tutorial videos.

In an educational context, the tutorial videos serve an vital element of the learning process and tools for educators. The educational community may start loosing interest if this gap is not filled rapidly.

Are there tutorial videos you would like to see in this collection? Use the Reply to this post to identify those tutorials you think would be of exceptional value to educators.

2019-9-19
Use props
BGA
Captain

I second the motion that having more tutorial videos would be great. But I also happen to think that if they have to pick something (and only one thing) up to do, it should be expanding the current API.
2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rhoude57 - YUL. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. Rest assured that this thread will definitely be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Robomaster S1. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-20
Use props
BGA
Captain

BTW, In case you have not noticed, the program on that tutorial is the Seek & Destroy sample program in the DIY Lab.

I just re-watched that video and I think the problem (ignoring the missing followup videos) is that during edition they condensed the video more than it should have been. There are some abrupt cuts that make it look like they were in a hurry.
2019-9-20
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

BGA Posted at 9-20 09:35
BTW, In case you have not noticed, the program on that tutorial is the Seek & Destroy sample program in the DIY Lab.

I just re-watched that video and I think the problem (ignoring the missing followup videos) is that during edition they condensed the video more than it should have been. There are some abrupt cuts that make it look like they were in a hurry.

I would second the motion.
The RoboMaster S1 definitely has a number of "rough edges".
I suspect Marketing showed up in Development, Support and Production sometimes in April or May and said: "Hey you guys! We're launching the RoboMaster S1 on 12 June 2019, just in time for the RoboMaster International Tournament and Grand Finals, during which we want it plastered all over."
Development, Production and Support: "WHAT??? June 12th??? We're not ready for that..."
Marketing: "We can't hear you... Countdown is running... Do what you can! Oh! And BTW... we need demo kits to send to Influencers in the USofA to get a buzz going along with the Product Launch announcvement and Press Release..."

2019-9-20
Use props
BGA
Captain

Also, this might help:

2019-9-20
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

BGA Posted at 9-20 11:24
Also, this might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkfEZmsQqiA

Oh! I'm quite familiar and comfortable with PIDs and control system theory.

But those who aren't might get mighty confused when faced with such partial knowledge. Also, it would be nice if the Example script/program was identified in the video.
2019-9-20
Use props
JB63
Second Officer
  • >>>

Brings me back to my school years ... and Ogata's book on classical control. PID is everywhere nowadays.

One thing I never liked about Controls courses (and the Matlab video is a good example) is that they all start with a 'plant' ... one is bogged down with what it actually means and might miss the main message. Don't get me wrong though, I use Matlab for a living. It's the teaching part that needs improvement, especially to some non-technical folks

Why not start with EXAMPLES ...

1. Your thermostat at home
2. How your DJI drone flies
3. What keeps the RPM constant on an LP player
4. The nozzle heater temperature regulation on your $200 desktop 3D printer

... etc. Once the students grasp the idea, then you can build upon it and draw general/universal concepts ... not the other way around.

Yes, then you can talk about how the Grumman X-29 flies with the backward wings.

2019-9-20
Use props
MarkusXL
Second Officer

Yes being a newbie to PID I found that the "P" is straightforward now I want to learn on "I" and "D" in the context of S1 programming.
2019-9-20
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I agree.   Instead of a pot on a stove, a HVAC and thermostat might have been something people would identify better.
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules