Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cynova 3.5mm Audio Adaptor now available!
12Next >
4146 47 2019-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deejayone
lvl.3

Available now on the DJI Store! My constant refreshing of the DJI store page has finally worked.

https://store.dji.com/product/cy ... -dual-3-5mm-adapter

I'm assuming this is 3rd party (Cynova), but there's still no official DJI one on there(!), so hopefully this will work OK once the Osmo Action allows 3.5mm adaptors.

Looks nice and compact, plus you can power/charge at the same time as it also has a USB 3 interface.

Ordered.

2019-9-20
Use props
deejayone
lvl.3

One thing I've just noticed...

I'm not sure how this is going to play with any cages/cases - it looks fairly wide in the pictures and is only shown on a non-cased camera... it might not fit when you have the Osmo Action in a case, which would deem it pretty useless to me really.

2019-9-20
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

I just ordered a small extension cable.
2019-9-20
Use props
deejayone
lvl.3

anthonyb Posted at 9-20 02:17
I just ordered a small extension cable.

I suspect that might be needed. Do you have a link for the one you bought?
2019-9-20
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4

Sure. I got the .2m one. NZ$ 4.75  24% Off | 0.2m-2m Type C Accessories USB 3.1 Parts Portable Extender Data Cable Extension Male To Female Black Replacement Durable Phone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mbaMqo3mF
2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi deejayone, the 3.5mm adapter works with the Frame Kit. please don't worry.
2019-9-20
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4

Hi Mindy. I think it won’t fit with the ulanzi metal case I have though which allows me to keep the door attached.  It’s fine though as I’ll just mount it to the shoe adapter.
2019-9-20
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft

Ordered mine, expensive as heck (AU), but all in on this little beastie.
2019-9-20
Use props
deejayone
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-20 02:34

Thank you Mindy.

I'm currently. using the PGYTECH case because I need the cold shoe adaptors, so. hopefully it will fit with that one too then.
2019-9-20
Use props
williehowe
lvl.4

Ordered and now the wait begins...
2019-9-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Little adapters and/or cables to extend the port in the event a cage or case interferes seem to get very mixed reviews on Amazon.  You'd think that parts this small would be easy to create without lots of failures.
2019-9-20
Use props
Jimmy Singh
lvl.3

I'll wait, I learned hard way never jump ship to initial batch. Been burned on $28K Car
2019-9-20
Use props
airboss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332087 ft
  • >>>

deejayone Posted at 9-20 02:44
Thank you Mindy.

I'm currently. using the PGYTECH case because I need the cold shoe adaptors, so. hopefully it will fit with that one too then.

Keep us updated I ordered mine too.  
2019-9-20
Use props
Ferdinand Montes / calor1030
lvl.3

Just order mine too !
2019-9-20
Use props
williehowe
lvl.4

Jimmy Singh Posted at 9-20 12:22
I'll wait, I learned hard way never jump ship to initial batch. Been burned on $28K Car

With the GoPro announcement on 10/1 it would be a huge tactical error for DJI to screw up here.  I'm OK rolling the dice for less than $50.
2019-9-21
Use props
Daze513
lvl.1

Still won’t work for me. I use the action on a chin mount motovlog setup. Would’ve wanted an adapter that didn’t stick the mic port directly in the back. With this adapter, the mic plug would interfere against the chin portion of my helmet. Maybe a usb extension is in order for this to be viable for me.
2019-9-21
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4

Daze513 Posted at 9-21 07:46
Still won’t work for me. I use the action on a chin mount motovlog setup. Would’ve wanted an adapter that didn’t stick the mic port directly in the back. With this adapter, the mic plug would interfere against the chin portion of my helmet. Maybe a usb extension is in order for this to be viable for me.

Wouldn't you be better off using a seperate sound recorder and just merging them in post production?
2019-9-21
Use props
Daze513
lvl.1

anthonyb Posted at 9-21 11:17
Wouldn't you be better off using a seperate sound recorder and just merging them in post production?

Would be a good option too. I just like to ride with least bit of distractions and equipment. I like to keep it all in my helmet so it’s all off or all on. We’ll see what other adapters come along.
2019-9-21
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>

Daze513 Posted at 9-21 07:46
Still won’t work for me. I use the action on a chin mount motovlog setup. Would’ve wanted an adapter that didn’t stick the mic port directly in the back. With this adapter, the mic plug would interfere against the chin portion of my helmet. Maybe a usb extension is in order for this to be viable for me.

I'm worried about that too, it might still just work with some helmets though.
2019-9-21
Use props
AndyEditor76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19265 ft

It's in my cart too - hovering over the pay button!  ....  just ordered a Smallrig cage!

First action camera to have the same tech as the Rode Wireless Go system will win my cash.  At the moment getting great results with the Tascam DR-10L and PluralEyes.  

Video coming soon about my journey to DJI over GoPro!
2019-9-26
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft

deejayone Posted at 9-20 02:44
Thank you Mindy.

I'm currently. using the PGYTECH case because I need the cold shoe adaptors, so. hopefully it will fit with that one too then.

The only ones it works with directly (confirmed) is the original dji AND the pgytech.
2019-9-26
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

AndyEditor76 Posted at 9-26 08:16
It's in my cart too - hovering over the pay button!  ....  just ordered a Smallrig cage!

First action camera to have the same tech as the Rode Wireless Go system will win my cash.  At the moment getting great results with the Tascam DR-10L and PluralEyes.  

Well, apparently the SmallRig will not work although, I guess the dremel tool might solve that issue!!! (g)

Or getting a small usb-c extension cable and securing the mic-adapter to the cage somehow.
2019-9-26
Use props
Micky Teal
New

deejayone Posted at 9-20 02:08
One thing I've just noticed...

I'm not sure how this is going to play with any cages/cases - it looks fairly wide in the pictures and is only shown on a non-cased camera... it might not fit when you have the Osmo Action in a case, which would deem it pretty useless to me really.

Flyt Path YouTube page addresses this, it does seem to be an issue. I'm hoping to find a suitable case with cold shoe fitting for my mic
2019-9-28
Use props
Calsaka
lvl.2

ff22 Posted at 9-26 10:19
Well, apparently the SmallRig will not work although, I guess the dremel tool might solve that issue!!! (g)

Or getting a small usb-c extension cable and securing the mic-adapter to the cage somehow.

I still want to use the original DJI cage as it holds the Osmo Action and mic adapter better than other brands. So I just ordered the Microphone Bracket from Ulanzi today to hold my Rode Wireless Go.  I will do a review video as soon as I received it
2019-10-1
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft

Received Cynova adapter today in UK. I can confirm it fits perfectly with standard frame and Pgytech as this all I have. It charges fine through the pass-thru USB C supplied with Action. Do not yet know if it works as not yet purchased an external mic, though I would like the RØDE VideoMic Pro+ Microphone, which brings me to my next question if anyone could please answer.

Q: Rode specification says..."This microphone is compatible with all microphones that have a TRRS plug and providing the voltage Plug-in-power (about 3V)" I'm not sure what this means, so can anyone advise if it will work with Cynova adapter?
Perhaps DJI admin may advise?

Finally one other note, and unsure if true, but having spoken today with 2 major DJI reseller agent/partners, it was hinted that the Cynova adapter is the only option and likely a partnership deal. Waiting for an official DJI branded product is possibly futile. I noted the packaging when arrived and was good quality, as was adapter/dongle and a bit DJI'ish.

Few pics below...

2019-10-1
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3

Update! Spoke to a friend who received his Cynova in UK today. Rode Wireless Go works fine.
2019-10-1
Use props
Calsaka
lvl.2

RedWolf18 Posted at 10-1 07:16
Received Cynova adapter today in UK. I can confirm it fits perfectly with standard frame and Pgytech as this all I have. It charges fine through the pass-thru USB C supplied with Action. Do not yet know if it works as not yet purchased an external mic, though I would like the RØDE VideoMic Pro+ Microphone, which brings me to my next question if anyone could please answer.

Q: Rode specification says..."This microphone is compatible with all microphones that have a TRRS plug and providing the voltage Plug-in-power (about 3V)" I'm not sure what this means, so can anyone advise if it will work with Cynova adapter?

The adapter works fine with my Rode Wireless Go.  You can check out my review video
https://youtu.be/eksCdvYdt1g
2019-10-1
Use props
trontastic
lvl.2

Yep. Got mine in the UK today. Works fine will fit in Std cage as long as you take the door off of course.
I have two audio technica laviera mics. and a stereo splitter.  The Action is defiantly Mono. and it works with TRS 3.5 jacks.
Will be trying it on my motorbike as soon as i can ..
2019-10-1
Use props
osmoboy
lvl.2

one question about the Cynova adaptor: it's possibile to insert it in reverse way (with the 3.5 hole in the same direction as the lens)?
2019-10-1
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3

osmoboy Posted at 10-1 11:42
one question about the Cynova adaptor: it's possibile to insert it in reverse way (with the 3.5 hole in the same direction as the lens)?

No, not with or without cage.
2019-10-1
Use props
osmoboy
lvl.2

i don't understand: if the USB Type-C is reversible why I cannot insert the adaptator in another way?
2019-10-2
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

osmoboy Posted at 10-2 08:01
i don't understand: if the USB Type-C is reversible why I cannot insert the adaptator in another way?

I presume that the physical design does not fit "upsidedown" even if the male fitting would work.  But I'm sure someone will explain and maybe post a photo or video of an attempt.
2019-10-2
Use props
Casual Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37858 ft

Just got mine today and used it on my motorcycle.

I didn't like the sound. It is better than using without the adapter, but it still sounds odd. Still feels like you are recording from inside a box or that you have something between the sound and the microphone. There is also some kind of sound artifact due to audio compression. Don't like it at all, and if I turn on the wind noise reduction is even worse.

I compared it with my Gopro Hero 4 Black sound (same mic and setup), and the Gopro is so much clearer and crisp.

I will post a video on youtube comparing both cameras, video and sound. (Just waiting for an adapter to arrive to use both cameras side by side)

2019-10-2
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4

Dji need to boost allow us to adjust the decibel level when plugging in a mic.
2019-10-2
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft

Casual Flyer Posted at 10-2 09:54
Just got mine today and used it on my motorcycle.

I didn't like the sound. It is better than using without the adapter, but it still sounds odd. Still feels like you are recording from inside a box or that you have something between the sound and the microphone. There is also some kind of sound artifact due to audio compression. Don't like it at all, and if I turn on the wind noise reduction is even worse.

Did you find the mechanical connection between the adapter and the Osmo Action to be very poor? I can't get the dang thing to stay connected. Any pull on the 3.5mm at all, and it pops off. If I even turn the Osmo Action towards the side where the mic adapter plugs in, it fall out.
2019-10-3
Use props
GoFly Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

dont bother mine is faulty and dji have not responded to any emails for 2 days , few people have same problem that is loose and keeps loosiign connection , received mine tuesday ..
2019-10-3
Use props
GoFly Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>

Pics2Flicks Posted at 10-3 09:17
Did you find the mechanical connection between the adapter and the Osmo Action to be very poor? I can't get the dang thing to stay connected. Any pull on the 3.5mm at all, and it pops off. If I even turn the Osmo Action towards the side where the mic adapter plugs in, it fall out.

same here , a few peolple have reported same problem but DJI seem to be ignoring emails ..etc
2019-10-3
Use props
GoFly Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-20 02:34

mine is faulty as is many others in the new batch and is LOOSE and wont stay connected , contacted DJI and bella@rcytf.com as stated on your website and NOTHING IN REPLY for 2/3 days now ...how do i go about sending this back , i payed on .... so will be raising a problem with them if i dont get a reply by weekend, reall POOR show of DJI ..
2019-10-3
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft

Yeah, if I had purchased this from B&H or Amazon, it would already be packed up and on its way back. The looseness is UNACCEPTABLE, and I will be doing a scathing review shortly.
2019-10-3
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4

It's a piece of junk.  Dji have let us down badly.
2019-10-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules