Cynova 3.5mm Audio Adaptor now available!
4148 47 2019-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deejayone
lvl.3

FINALLY received mine... only to see all this feedback.

I've not tested the audio as yet, but have connected it to see if the microphone icon pops up and fortunately it does (with both Rode VideoMic and Rode Wireless Go).

Fits fine with my PGYTECH cage, thankfully - so I have a decent vlogging setup with camera, light (Lume Cube) and microphone all attached.

Will have to see how it sounds now...
2019-10-4
Use props
Casual Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37858 ft

Pics2Flicks Posted at 10-3 09:17
Did you find the mechanical connection between the adapter and the Osmo Action to be very poor? I can't get the dang thing to stay connected. Any pull on the 3.5mm at all, and it pops off. If I even turn the Osmo Action towards the side where the mic adapter plugs in, it fall out.

I used it with the stock DJI case and it is just fine. It stays connected with no problems, the same with the 3.5mm jack.

Here is the video. It is in portuguese, but you can sorta understand how bad it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX1Kdgw3eU4&t=410s
2019-10-6
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>

Has anyone conclusively proved if speech commands work through the external mic?
My feeling is they do,  I'll try it with the radio link mic maybe today.
2019-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GoFly Drone Posted at 10-3 10:12
mine is faulty as is many others in the new batch and is LOOSE and wont stay connected , contacted DJI and bella@rcytf.com as stated on your website and NOTHING IN REPLY for 2/3 days now ...how do i go about sending this back , i payed on .... so will be raising a problem with them if i dont get a reply by weekend, reall POOR show of DJI ..

Hi GoFly Drone, I'm so sorry for the late response, did bella@rcytf.com reply to your email in the end? If not, please PM me your email account which used to contact them, we will forward to our engineers for assistance.
2019-10-12
Use props
djiuser_WqQ981tpEY97
lvl.1

Just got mine a few minutes ago and upon connecting my rode video micro, I don't get a microphone symbol on screen, and it doesn't appear to work. Is this thing defective out of the box? That's pretty upsetting considering the price, and how long the thing takes to ship from DJI. WTF!
2019-10-14
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_WqQ981tpEY97 Posted at 10-14 07:58
Just got mine a few minutes ago and upon connecting my rode video micro, I don't get a microphone symbol on screen, and it doesn't appear to work. Is this thing defective out of the box? That's pretty upsetting considering the price, and how long the thing takes to ship from DJI. WTF!

you should get the micraphone symbol when all connected try wiggling it around to se if you get the symbol ? i have fixed mine with a very simply fix and works perfectly ...
let me know how you get on , becuse you will wait forever for DJI to get back to you and then they will fob you off with the BELLA emai and that response is even worse, tbh YOUTUBE IT AND YOU WILL BE SENDIND IT BACK .....ITS CRAP. DJI HAVE DROPPED A MASSIVE ONE ON THIS PRODUCT ...
2019-10-14
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_WqQ981tpEY97 Posted at 10-14 07:58
Just got mine a few minutes ago and upon connecting my rode video micro, I don't get a microphone symbol on screen, and it doesn't appear to work. Is this thing defective out of the box? That's pretty upsetting considering the price, and how long the thing takes to ship from DJI. WTF!

Make sure the mic input is firmly home when plugged into the adapter, it kind of stops too soon.
2019-10-14
Use props
djiuser_WqQ981tpEY97
lvl.1

Fixed it by removing the soft rubber piece that surrounds the usb c port. It seems that even without a case on, the adaptor doesn't/can't plug into the camera far enough. After removing that rubber piece, it works! Hopefully that tip helps someone else in the same situation.
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules