Phantom smokes M2Ps sharpness out of the water
2603 18 2019-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0s camera sharpness is so much better than the M2P.  M2P blows away the Phantom 4 away in colors though but the sharpness is on another level w/ the P4 because it doesn't noise as heavily plus the focal length is less.  There is also zero fish-eye effect.
2019-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

And Batman is so much more intelligent than Superman, he has better fashion sense, needs no ironing and he doesn't have a margarine taste.

2019-9-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 9-20 13:41
And Batman is so much more intelligent than Superman, he has better fashion sense, needs no ironing and he doesn't have a margarine taste.

The power of movies has on people.  Some people remain in love with dinosaurs because of Jurassic Park.  Some people became fighter pilots because of Top Gun.

The M2P is indeed better in the color department though.
2019-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-20 13:45
The power of movies has on people.  Some people remain in love with dinosaurs because of Jurassic Park.  Some people became fighter pilots because of Top Gun.

The M2P is indeed better in the color department though.

Hey Moron .. I see you've taken my advice and provided some detailed explanation for your meaningless random word generator posts.
Good to see .... what a tosser.
2019-9-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>

but the sharpness is on another level w/ the P4 because it doesn't noise as heavily.......

All that you have told me here is, the P4P camera is better, its common knowledge the m2p is softer and by the way, i would much prefer a lens to have lower ''colour tone'' than a soft lens, but looking at the video below, the colours that you think are better is wrong, its too warm especially for my taste, and it also tells me that with what you said regarding you no longer shooting in auto was possibly a wee fib, sounds to me like you got more noise cause the auto iso probably went too high...

Go to 4:30 where he starts with the comparison, bear in mind that this is all old news and the only reason i can see why you feel the need for your vauge posts is that youre posting for the sake of it purely for the 5 points
but hey, youre not the only one that posts dog p00p, at least yours is to do with drones, youve got that going for you at least, thats all though......

PS, the video is from fstoppers, they know what they are talking about, shame they dont know how to use a drone mind (steel drum lol)

2019-9-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 9-20 13:41

I'd still prefer to be superman though and just what was you doing with batman to notice he tastes of marge? come on, own up, we are all adults here, dont be shy
2019-9-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Bashy Posted at 9-20 17:20
but the sharpness is on another level w/ the P4 because it doesn't noise as heavily.......

All that you have told me here is, the P4P camera is better, its common knowledge the m2p is softer and by the way, i would much prefer a lens to have lower ''colour tone'' than a soft lens, but looking at the video below, the colours that you think are better is wrong, its too warm especially for my taste, and it also tells me that with what you said regarding you no longer shooting in auto was possibly a wee fib, sounds to me like you got more noise cause the auto iso probably went too high...

That video was the reason I got the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.  The colors produced by the M2P at night, the P4 can never beat.  I want full versatility so the P4 and M2P cannot FLIR like the M2ED.  I only get things when I see an imminent need so so I do not need aerial thermals.  I got the $400 FLIR One Pro for the Smartphone instead of spending $3k on another drone.
2019-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-20 22:35
That video was the reason I got the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.  The colors produced by the M2P at night, the P4 can never beat.  I want full versatility so the P4 and M2P cannot FLIR like the M2ED.  I only get things when I see an imminent need so so I do not need aerial thermals.  I got the $400 FLIR One Pro for the Smartphone instead of spending $3k on another drone.

The colors produced by the M2P at night, the P4 can never beat.

You've said this many times, but you still don't back it up with any explanation of demonstation.
Just saying it over and over doesn't convince anyone.
It just makes you look even more unintelligent and irritating.
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights and experience with regards this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-9-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 9-21 02:21
The colors produced by the M2P at night, the P4 can never beat.
You've said this many times, but you still don't back it up with any explanation of demonstation.
Just saying it over and over doesn't convince anyone.

I've uploaded night shots and the colors are so deep and rich it's amazing.

Day shots though.. the M2P is slightly better than the P4 in colors but I would choose the P4PV2.0 over it.
2019-9-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-22 01:06
I've uploaded night shots and the colors are so deep and rich it's amazing.

Day shots though.. the M2P is slightly better than the P4 in colors but I would choose the P4PV2.0 over it.

I guess that proves it then.
You've convinced me at last.
Everything you said was true and everyone else was wrong.
2019-9-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 9-22 03:47
I guess that proves it then.
You've convinced me at alst.
Everything you said was true and everyone else was wrong.

I don't know about everything the guy said, but the Mavic 2 Pro literally supports 1 billion colours with DLog-M 10 bit. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 does not have this and supports far less colours. Obviously your eyes can't see anywhere near 1 billion different colours but this helps a lot with quality post-production/editing.
2019-9-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

Ben Mason Posted at 9-23 01:39
I don't know about everything the guy said, but the Mavic 2 Pro literally supports 1 billion colours with DLog-M 10 bit. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 does not have this and supports far less colours. Obviously your eyes can't see anywhere near 1 billion different colours but this helps a lot with quality post-production/editing.

I don't know about everything the guy said.
Neither does the idiot that said it.
He barely knows which end of the camera to point toward the subject.
2019-9-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>

Ben Mason Posted at 9-23 01:39

For the average Joe, we aint gonna notice that difference, 10bit, 8bit, yeah, there will be some difference granted, but for the likes of me, i would take the phantoms mechanical shutter, 4k 60fps, better at 120fps, less noisy especially at 1600 ISO and the more accurate colours of the phantom when shooting using in-camera colour as opposed to the M2P favouring warmer colours, i have see some of the auto mavic colours and i dont like the warmth, granted, this can be toned down on the M2P and toned up on the P4P in post. And then add in that the P4P is stronger (more stable) in the wind, this is due to its weight and in my opinion, more aerodynamic (look at the bodies, arms etc)

Whilst the M2P has some new tech 10bit, AT 2.0 etc, does that make it a better drone than the Phantom 4 Pro, imo i dont feel it does, not for someone like myself who's not a pro movie maker where the 10bit would make a difference
2019-9-23
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

Bashy Posted at 9-23 17:54
For the average Joe, we aint gonna notice that difference, 10bit, 8bit, yeah, there will be some difference granted, but for the likes of me, i would take the phantoms mechanical shutter, 4k 60fps, better at 120fps, less noisy especially at 1600 ISO and the more accurate colours of the phantom when shooting using in-camera colour as opposed to the M2P favouring warmer colours, i have see some of the auto mavic colours and i dont like the warmth, granted, this can be toned down on the M2P and toned up on the P4P in post. And then add in that the P4P is stronger (more stable) in the wind, this is due to its weight and in my opinion, more aerodynamic (look at the bodies, arms etc)

Whilst the M2P has some new tech 10bit, AT 2.0 etc, does that make it a better drone than the Phantom 4 Pro, imo i dont feel it does, not for someone like myself who's not a pro movie maker where the 10bit would make a difference

I didn't say anything about which drone was better, i was just stating the fact that the Mavic 2 Pro supports 1 billion colours, which is why it would make sense that pictures with the right settings/editing etc would come out looking more colourful/vibrant when compared to other drones.
2019-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice to read!
2019-9-24
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>

My friend and I took my P4P and his brand new M2P to Iceland last year with very high hopes for the latter. After a week of daily testing in all sorts of conditions / locations:

Sharpness
We were utterly disappointed by the softness in Video and thought something was wrong with the lens... until we read other reviews that confirmed it was normal.
I havent really followed it further since then, but it was assumed that in 4K the M2P does lineskipping, most likely due to heat issues. P4P has full sensor readout of roughly 5K image which allows it to produce much clearer video. That is further supported by photo comparisons where sharpness is fine all of a sudden and the same as P4P. When looking back at the initial launch campaign, it started to make sense they marketed it as a Hasselblad photo camera first, not a video camera.. they knew it didnt deliver.

Colors
yes, it does 10bit, but that doesnt automatically mean better colors, it just means there is a bigger data space. That is very helpful for color integrity, especially if you start grading the image. More specifically, if you raise gamma/contrast on an even colored area (e.g. sky or shadows) then 8bit will much more quickly show banding and blocky/noisy results. And the M2P delivers on that. BUT it also requires turning on h.265 for 10bit which actually compresses colors quite a bit more than h.264, taking away from its full potential.
The color processing on the other hand is done in the ISP and while M2P does have new color science, subjectively we were not fans of the colors TBH. They were quite warm and no more or less natural or accurate than P4P.
Lastly, low light colors depend heavily on ISO performance. P4P is quite disappointing in low light given it has 1" sensor of the Sony RX100m4... which does quite well. The explanation is handling of noise reduction by DJI on higher ISO which is evidently horribly implemented. Sharpness and colors are the first to suffer. Lets be clear, it still performs better than all other drones with 1/2.3" sensors simply due to pixel size, but overall very underwhelming. I only remember 1 test I saw with low light comparison to M2p and it didnt seem to look any better. But I wouldnt be surprised if M2P acutally does much better.

Note that all that goes back to more or less first firmware version... Dont get me wrong, it s an amazing piece of tech, but if videography is your first concern, P4P is your only real choice.

wow sorry for long post, that wasnt planned xD

cheers

2019-9-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Sebb Posted at 9-25 03:54
My friend and I took my P4P and his brand new M2P to Iceland last year with very high hopes for the latter. After a week of daily testing in all sorts of conditions / locations:

Sharpness

I don't think it does 10-bit unless you are on D-Log M or HLG otherwise it's 8-bit for everything else.  The colors of D-Log M and HLG are a lot worse because I think HNCS is disabled.  This has been verified by other tests done by people online.  I've ran my own tests too. There are a lot of things not clear that is only found out when you do your own tests.

Day time shots of the M2P.. the colors are definitely better but the sharpness isn't there compared to the P4.
2019-9-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-25 08:08
I don't think it does 10-bit unless you are on D-Log M or HLG otherwise it's 8-bit for everything else.  The colors of D-Log M and HLG are a lot worse because I think HNCS is disabled.  This has been verified by other tests done by people online.  I've ran my own tests too. There are a lot of things not clear that is only found out when you do your own tests.

Day time shots of the M2P.. the colors are definitely better but the sharpness isn't there compared to the P4.

I've ran my own tests too. There are a lot of things not clear that is only found out when you do your own tests.

Hey Genius ... if you've run your own tests just show us how the colours from one are "better" than the other.
It really shouldn't be that difficult for someone as smart as you.
Until you back upo your nonsense assertions with more than just repeating the same assertions, your posts are meaningless.
But meaningless is your field of expertise.

2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules