Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles RE shut down when using analog, dropped frames in recording?
1452 2 2019-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadCatper
lvl.1

As my title says, this is the 4th time now, but while using the analog feature, the headset turns itself off, no warning, no beeps, nothing. I have checked the following:
  • Battery, the first time it happened I was at 20%, so I charged it, but the 2nd through 4th time I was well above 70%.
  • Removed SD card, just in case, same issue.
  • Verified I am on the latest firmware.

At this point I have lost ALL confidence in these, these are my eyes when flying my custom quad, I cannot have it fail like this, period. The only thing I have noticed during these events is that the headset gets pretty warm on the front, and I can hear the fan/s running. Overheating? Has anyone else had this issue? It is very intermittent, any recordings I am running get corrupted when a shut down occurs, rendering it useless. If I were to lose my quad far out I wouldn't even have a way of playing back video.

My second issue is that the framerate of the recorded analog videos seems to be off, during playback it seems like it's playing faster than it should, and a lot of times the video skips, as if dropping tons of frames from the recording, anyone else?

Bottom line is I actually really enjoy using these goggles, super clear, great range (tested out to 3.2km over open water), beautiful picture, but these two issues are REALLY frustrating, especially the random shut offs!
2019-9-20
Use props
fans08541ce4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323241 ft

Kazakhstan

hello. did you solve the problem with goggles RE shutting down when using analog? I have the same problem
2021-1-28
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Make sure the headband is fully seated in the unit. Also, check the plugs for any corrosion or debris, etc. They will instantly turn off if that plug creeps out of the unit, say if you grip it to raise and lower the goggles, etc., you can eventually pull it right out.

But that would affect the goggles in every mode, but worth checking. If it only does it in analog mode, that sounds like a defective unit. Now that the goggles are out of production, I doubt DJI supports them anymore, so I wouldn't know how to get it fixed....
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules