Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ERASED SD CARD WITH VID FILES! HELP!!
5223 23 2015-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I just got through shooting for a client and by mistake I erased the sd card on a MAC. I tried using DISK DRILL to save the files and it was successful in rescuing all the pictures DNGs and JPG. The video files were also found also but when I try to open them in quicktime they are not recognized. I also tried a couple of programs the fix corrupt files but was not successful. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can those video files ever be recovered? Your help will be much appreciated! Im going to try DATA RESCUE next and see if that will bring back the vid files...

2015-6-9
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear this, frustrating and a bit scary I'm sure.

Did you try opening the recovered video files in alternate programs like MPEG Streamclip or After Effects?

Guessing you shot as .MOV and not .MP4?

Can you upload a short clip for us to look at?
2015-6-9
Use props
aknauer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

Hi Squirrel,

Check this one out: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 2&fromuid=17178 (DIY-014).

It has worked for me. It's a lengthy process but worth trying. Good Luck!
2015-6-10
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

How about copying the files to a memory card in the same file name format etc. and placing back in camera on Inspire, powering up and start and stop the video and see if  that works.

I have also noted on my last two flights that my memory card shows up as full on the app when starting to record.  I have to land the aircraft and re-format the card for it to work, but everything works ok after the formatting.  I may just start and re-format the memory card after each flight and after downloaded previous data.  Out of habit, I copy all files to a specific folder, then upload all images and video into the Mac Photo library, so I always have a copy of the original files.

2015-6-10
Use props
info
lvl.3
Flight distance : 647034 ft
United States

This seems like a rather obvious question, but did you already empty your trash on your mac? If not, you may be able to recover the files there. What method did you use to delete the files (Ex. Command+D, or drag to trash, or did you format your card before backing up)? There often is a way to recover deleted files, it just helps to know exactly what you did to lose them, and what is really important is not to make things worse in the meantime by doing the wrong thing with the card or on your computer.
2015-6-10
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

Thank you all that have replied! I am very appreciative. Im still on the shoot at this moment so its hard to break away and start trying things. I will try the suggestions above and respond with details as I work this out. I will upload a clip as soon as I get a chance to sit down with this later on today. Again, thank you ALL this. This forum is awesome.
2015-6-10
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

Ok folks Im back home and trying to solve this problem (and Im quite nervous about it!)

jimhare - here is a short recovered clip https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlcnfox7bp4iqaz/DJI_0041.MOV?dl=0       I shot mov @ 24fps  (23.98)  I tried opening the file in every video program I have (AE, FCP, MPEG Streamclip, VLC)  - I have yet to try ffmpeg but I took a look at it and at first glance it is just not easy to operate.  

aknauer - I saw this tutorial and Im wondering if it will work with mov files. At this point I don't care if its lengthy as long as it works!

GB44 - yup, tried putting the files back in the card and recording to see if it will fix but nothing. I will try putting one corrupt file at a time and see if that takes but Im not hopeful. Its a loooong shot.

info - I used command+Del  then I went to the app bar and highlighted the trash bin > right click to highlight EMPTY BIN - then erased the trash / sdcard.   I have not used or recorded or formated the card because I realized I had erased it right after I hit empty trash.

Im lost and I have to turn in material by the end of the day! IM FU&#*^@) !!!! I still need help! Thanks all!
2015-6-12
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

UPDATE!
SOLVED!!!
So, I mistakenly erased my SD card with a full days work on it. SNAP!!!  Used Diskdrill to recover the files which were 'broken'... no problem look for the WINDOWS version of DATAKAM and use it to recover the files. The program apparently adds info for all the metadata that comes with the i1 video files (GPS info too! ) then it copies a good 'repaired' version. Got to thank Ken Allison who posted a video on youtube with the DATAKAM fix!  I can go fly again!!!
2015-6-12
Use props
henri2398
lvl.1

India

Yes you can restore your video files. Try Digital media recovery software also known as photo recovery tool for Windows/Mac it is particularly designed to restore video files from SD card (of various file format). This tool is also capable of recovering photos and audio files.  
2016-2-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not used the latest version but Sandisk has a rescue program

http://www.wondershare.net/ad/ph ... Device%3A%20Sandisk

maybe this would work for you

Rich
2016-2-13
Use props
edwards142paul
New

India

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-10 10:58
Sorry to hear this, frustrating and a bit scary I'm sure.

Did you try opening the recovered video f ...

Hi friend,

If you are also stuck with this situation where you have losted videos from damaged SD card. In that case you need to use a  reliable recovery tool to recover your valuable photos back otherwise you will lost all your videos for forever. I usually prefer to use Card Data Recovery Tool as it is the best recovery tool to recover your deleted stuffs back from SD card. It recovers deleted, corrupted, lost or formatted videos, photos and other files. You can recover lost audio, image and video files from hard drives, Camera, SD Cards, USB drives and other memory cards.
2016-7-14
Use props
timto
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I bet most of above software need to purchase, for a Windows user, a better idea can use best free backup software from Aomei, which is surely a good back up and restore freeware. No more lost, corrupted or mistakenly erased videos, periodically auto backup can be your best policy. Anytime you can recover data from a disk, partition.
2016-10-11
Use props
amanda453
New

United Kingdom

timto Posted at 2016-10-12 05:49
Hi, I bet most of above software need to purchase, for a Windows user, a better idea can use best fr ...

Hello, I've found great Disk Drill tutorial, so other time you will recover your files easely: http://www.cleverfiles.com/memory-card-data-recovery.html
2016-11-30
Use props
Shehab
lvl.1

United States

Recuva and DiskDigger are nice choices for lost data recovery form memory card
2017-2-23
Use props
Shehab
lvl.1

United States

Shehab Posted at 2017-2-23 03:00
Recuva and DiskDigger are nice choices for lost data recovery form memory card

If you failed with above tools, you can also try some paid solutions like this sd card data recovery            
2017-2-23
Use props
Beyly89
lvl.1

United States

Hi, have you solved your problem? If not, you can try Cisdem DataRecovery to recover files on Mac. Good luck to you!
2017-3-15
Use props
graneam
New

United States

Maybe this guide can help you get the lost data back.

Give it a try.
2017-4-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Great thread. If commercial software tools fail to work, and the data is really critical, there exist data recovery services to pull out the data.

Important thing is not to over-write the SD card again, so as GB44 said, do a low level clone of the 'erased' SD card before working in it.

Unless one overwrites with multiple passes, the typical 'erase' procedure simply wipes the pointer to the file, but the data is still there unless over-written.

Anyway good that a solution was found
2017-4-19
Use props
sshbxjoo
New

United States

I have the same problem a few months ago. it seems the videos were corrupted after recovery.
2017-5-19
Use props
sshbxjoo
New

United States

To fully recover the files, you can refer to this guide instead. I did it twice on my Galaxy S5: http://www.mobiledic.com/android ... ndroid-sd-card.html
2017-6-1
Use props
nazia
Banned

Pakistan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-22
Use props
edwardcatflap
New

Ukraine

Disk Drill - good for much more than just photos.
2017-9-19
Use props
djiuser_rtdH664
New

Belarus

hi FlyingSquirrel, i hope i'm not too late. If you can use Windows, I'd recommend you to try PhotoRec (or TestDisk). Otherwise you should try DiskDigger or Recuva, it's free for use. Good luck!
2017-10-14
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

United States

I would like to Suggest Stellar Photo Recovery because I personally used last 2 years It's work great to rescue the photos and videos from the camera SD card. you can finde here : https://www.stellarinfo.com/photo-recovery-software.php
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules