Just purchased a Mavic Zoom
687 18 2019-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft

Waited long enough to add a new drone to the stable, wanted an Inspire but not with all the issues I’ve been reading about and with no clear soulutions to some of those issues. So I’ll wait to see if an inspire 3 is born and in the meantime I just purchased the Mavic Zoom. Flew a friends Mavic Pro and it seemed softer on the controls than the Phantoms. Could have been his settings but I don’t know. Also was much quieter than the Phantoms. Can anyone who moved from Phantoms to the Mavic 2’s relate their experiences with me? Anything I should look out for in the Go4 settings that might be different from the phantoms? Appreciate your time and I’m really excited about receiving my zoom. Going to be a long 4 days till arrival. Thanks again. Have a GREAT weekend all.
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Archangel3356. Thank you for choosing DJI and thank you for purchasing the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-9-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for sharing this experience of yours. Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members here that currently using the Mavic 2 Zoom and will provide you tips and tricks also. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries and concern. Thank you for your support!
2019-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

Well you got a great bird there, you won’t find any difference in dji go4 app, you navigate same way all set up is pretty much the same.
3 things you will notice, 1/ it’s much quieter 2/ it will appear and is much steadier and this makes it that bit easier to fly. 3/ Short legs, taking off on the grass can be a problem with gimbal start up if you don’t give enough clearance you will get gimbal overload, so just make sure your on good ground or carry some kind of Matt with you.
I’m certain coming from phantom you will find the experience great enjoy and best of luck .
Almost bought an I2 myself but held back waiting to see if we get a new Phantom with changeable lens , but for M2 is perfect .
2019-9-21
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 9-21 08:08
Well you got a great bird there, you won’t find any difference in dji go4 app, you navigate same way all set up is pretty much the same.
3 things you will notice, 1/ it’s much quieter 2/ it will appear and is much steadier and this makes it that bit easier to fly. 3/ Short legs, taking off on the grass can be a problem with gimbal start up if you don’t give enough clearance you will get gimbal overload, so just make sure your on good ground or carry some kind of Matt with you.
I’m certain coming from phantom you will find the experience great enjoy and best of luck .

Thanks Hallmark, appreciate that info. I did purchase a set of Polar Pro extending legs also, I had the same concerns. Super excited about it getting it !  I’ll be sure to post after the first flight. Thanks again sir.
2019-9-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Many congrats - quieter, more stable, less noticeable - enjoy!
2019-9-21
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4

A J Posted at 9-21 08:25
Many congrats - quieter, more stable, less noticeable - enjoy!

Thank you AJ, I like all of those things you mentioned and coming from you that actually makes my day hearing that. Thanks so much for your input.
2019-9-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Archangel3356 Posted at 9-21 08:53
Thank you AJ, I like all of those things you mentioned and coming from you that actually makes my day hearing that. Thanks so much for your input.

Pleasure - and you can zoom in
2019-9-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Totally agree with Hallmark007, not much difference as far as controls.
The zoom is less noisy and much faster. My recommendation is fly safe
and have fun.
2019-9-21
Use props
maddox
First Officer

Congrats mate!
2019-9-22
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4

Thank you all for the kind words. Definitely feeling very Blessed and excited to be getting the MZ as I’ve been flying my Phantoms for two years now so adding a new UAV will be fun. The waiting for delivery is going to be a killer since the Polar Pro mount, landing legs and a few other goodies show up today but no Mavic till Wednesday or Thursday   I appreciate your responses as always and I’ll report back in when my new Mavic arrives. I’m sure I’ll have a question or two. Have a great day all and thank you !!
2019-9-22
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

Congrats with your splendid M2Z, but don't forget to use the zoom function, like i do all the time, so excited...
2019-9-22
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4

JMR58 Posted at 9-22 06:38
Congrats with your splendid M2Z, but don't forget to use the zoom function, like i do all the time, so excited...

Thank ya JMR58, I actually thought about that hahaha. Never had it before so I figured it be easy to forget. Im so looking forward to it. Thanks !
2019-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Congratulations!
2019-9-22
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4

Thanks !!  The waiting is a killer though and I know the day it shows up, it’ll rain in Arizona. Some sort of new drone curse I think.
2019-9-23
Use props
MJRH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23825 ft

Good choice, the M2Z is a great aircraft.
2019-9-23
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4

Thanks MJRH,I appreciate it sir.  I knew it, started raining in Arizona, new Mavic 2 zoom must be getting closer !
2019-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Archangel3356 Posted at 9-23 07:24
Thanks !!  The waiting is a killer though and I know the day it shows up, it’ll rain in Arizona. Some sort of new drone curse I think.

Yeah, it must be!
2019-9-24
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4

It’s here !! And it’s not raining !!  Trying the Terrcell charger also. So far all good. Next will be the firmware.

2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules