Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My take on Mecanum Wheel Maintenance
2707 12 2019-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkusXL
Second Officer

2019-9-21
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

I said it in another media, but I'll repeat it here... Nicely done! BRAVO!
2019-9-22
Use props
maddox
Captain

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mark. Thank you for sharing this video this video is very informative. Great work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-9-22
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

... and sooooooo many thanks for the golden nugget about reverse screwing to find the existing threads instead of threading new ones. This little bit of knowledge will significantly help increase the life of those mecanum wheels.
2019-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice to see!
2019-9-22
Use props
JB63
Second Officer
  • >>>

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 9-22 10:05
... and sooooooo many thanks for the golden nugget about reverse screwing to find the existing threads instead of threading new ones. This little bit of knowledge will significantly help increase the life of those mecanum wheels.

+1 .... Very important point.

ALso, I usually wash my legos by dumping them in hot water with dishwasher detergent. That stuff literally melt all the krud away. Rinsing is very fast as there is no soapy scum  leftover (in contrast with regular dish soap)

Questions:

1. Would dishwasher detergent be safe for such plastic parts?
2. Got an amazon link for the grease you used for the rollers ?
2019-9-22
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
Second Officer

JB63 Posted at 9-22 15:13
+1 .... Very important point.

ALso, I usually wash my legos by dumping them in hot water with dishwasher detergent. That stuff literally melt all the krud away. Rinsing is very fast as there is no soapy scum  leftover (in contrast with regular dish soap)

Answers:
1) I would not see a problem since you not actually running the parts in the dishwasher which runs at fairly high water temperatures, but not the case if you're doing this in a sink or a bowl;
2) I have not needed to go buy grease yet, since I have enough to do a first cleaning pass with the wheels, maybe next week. Then, I have some silicon grease I use on my bicycles, so I'll probably go through that.

Lithium grease should be avoided with the mecanum wheels. Being tht it  is petroleum-based, it will degrade plastic and rubber over time.
2019-9-22
Use props
BGA
Captain

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 9-22 16:12
Answers:
1) I would not see a problem since you not actually running the parts in the dishwasher which runs at fairly high water temperatures, but not the case if you're doing this in a sink or a bowl;
2) I have not needed to go buy grease yet, since I have enough to do a first cleaning pass with the wheels, maybe next week. Then, I have some silicon grease I use on my bicycles, so I'll probably go through that.

The grease that comes with it is lithium grease, if I'm not mistaken.
2019-9-22
Use props
Duane Degn
First Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft

BGA Posted at 9-22 17:28
The grease that comes with it is lithium grease, if I'm not mistaken.

"comes with it is lithium grease"
Isn't lithium grease usually white?
I thought the grease for the wheels was clear.
2019-9-22
Use props
MarkusXL
Second Officer

This is what I got in the box.

I wouldn't spend too much time fretting about lube.  The rollers connection is hard smooth plastic on hard smooth plastic - very forgiving in terms of lube.

Anything that doesn't melt plastic will do fine, and you need very little of it.

FA44B4F8-1AE5-400D-B029-9F5F4F3C24D0.jpeg
2019-9-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Great to see, thanks for sharing
2019-9-23
Use props
Malibu Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143898 ft

Great video!