Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji fpv air unit - no RF signal
3487 7 2019-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_01KnycX3ZLtg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24167 ft

Dear all.

I have the experience set with two air units. One unit recently showed a very weak signal started before flying (channel shoed one bar and was red, 2m distance between copter and google). Flying was impossible, 430ms latency, with 2 or 3 fps. The unit was not hot at all. After a few minutes, the signal was lost. If I connect the unit via usb to the dji assistant (fpv), I can see and flash the air unit. My guess is that just the RF sub-system died. The unit is just 3 weeks old and functioned perfect before. I flew onlyabout 8 battery packs - no crash. I really want to check if this happens to others as well. dji service is informed, let see how they deal with this.

Best

Zweistein

2019-9-22
Use props
fansc3afb803
lvl.1
  • >>>

I have the exact issue. Everything work perfect except for rf signal. BAR STAY RED, WHEN I TURN AWAY FROM AIR UNIT, LATENCY JUMP ABOVE 400 MS, CARZY.
2019-9-26
Use props
djiuser_01KnycX3ZLtg
lvl.1

Bind

fansc3afb803 Posted at 9-26 05:07
I have the exact issue. Everything work perfect except for rf signal. BAR STAY RED, WHEN I TURN AWAY FROM AIR UNIT, LATENCY JUMP ABOVE 400 MS, CARZY.

Finally my unit was replaced by dji. So the unit was obviously faulty.
2019-10-10
Use props
Charmande
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299459 ft

I never had this issue with the air unit but I did have a faulty one and they replaced. So far so good with their repairs on this FPV system from what I've seen.
2019-10-10
Use props
djiuser_01KnycX3ZLtg
lvl.1

Charmande Posted at 10-10 18:58
I never had this issue with the air unit but I did have a faulty one and they replaced. So far so good with their repairs on this FPV system from what I've seen.

I got a replacement air unit, which died after few seconds. Binding is not possible (the button is not doing anything), and the transition from red to green LED is happening in smooth transition over 30 s. Firmware update and activation was and is not an issue. Diagnosis tool would be good to see, if it is caused by the camera or by the air unit itself. I start to sense some quality control issues here.

Best
Zweistein
2019-10-11
Use props
Charmande
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299459 ft

djiuser_01KnycX3ZLtg Posted at 10-11 22:45
I got a replacement air unit, which died after few seconds. Binding is not possible (the button is not doing anything), and the transition from red to green LED is happening in smooth transition over 30 s. Firmware update and activation was and is not an issue. Diagnosis tool would be good to see, if it is caused by the camera or by the air unit itself. I start to sense some quality control issues here.

Best

Yeah seems to be the case unfortunately. Keep sending them back until they get it right. Once I got a fixed one I've been in love with it ever since. Tons of good flights no issues. I think they just rushed putting as many out there as possible when they first launched. Hope you get it fixed soon.
2019-10-12
Use props
franky888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81247 ft
Indonesia

I do have same issue, how do you contacted DJI?
Are you contacted your local reseller or directly to DJI?
2020-5-31
Use props
vsmaxwell
New

Germany

I contact dji directly as I ordered it directly from dji. My experience with resellers is not that good.  Good luck!
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules