Signal Problems and RTH getting crazy
1017 21 2019-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

Hi,

It's very frequent to lost my video and radio signal in less than 2km in eye line and where don't have interferences and other friends with dji don't have any problems like me. What I can do about this?

When I lose signal he start the RTH but when I try to have control on sticks again I can go up and down but my Yaw and Roll doesn't work

See in this video where I lose signal on 800m and thee problem with RTH when I was landing

I look forward to hearing from you
Thank you
Ricardo

2019-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

That’s got to be frustrating.

Not sure what triggers RTH. Definitely needs addressing.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>

Make sure your antennas are correctly aligned towards the drone.
And try swapping from 5.8MHz to 2.4 MHz or vice versa.
2019-9-22
Use props
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

Labroides Posted at 9-22 13:07
Make sure your antennas are correctly aligned towards the drone.
And try swapping from 5.8MHz to 2.4 MHz or vice versa.

Yes antennas was correctly alligned and I was just 600m
In this case I was 5.8 but happen before with 2.4
2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ricardo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Labroides is correct on post #3. Please try to check the orientation of the antennas of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro remote controller to see if there will be some changes on the said issue. I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on remote controller antenna best practices. Thank you.

2019-9-22
Use props
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 13:24
Hello and good day Ricardo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Labroides is correct on post #3. Please try to check the orientation of the antennas of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro remote controller to see if there will be some changes on the said issue. I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on remote controller antenna best practices. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Dear Stephen,

I start fly 6 years ago and this was the first thing that I learn.

Please can you see my video and after suggest something?

thank you
2019-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

That’s a common occurrence here, where suggestions are made, but the root cause isn’t recognized first.

So we are certain your rc antennas orientation was correct...

RedHotPoker
2019-9-22
Use props
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-22 13:39
That’s a common occurrence here, where suggestions are made, but the root cause isn’t recognized first.

So we are certain your rc antennas orientation was correct...

and I was very close and in eyes line with drone at 120m from the ground
2019-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

ChairmanFPV Posted at 9-22 13:52
and I was very close and in eyes line with drone at 120m from the ground

Yes, I understand your visual line of sight was good. VLOS

Thanks for clarifying that fact. It’s important to maintain that.

I use Lume Cubes to keep my drone visible, even in the brightest daylight sky!!

RedHotPoker
2019-9-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain

From looking at your video, you were flying above a dense city area, one that is full of WiFi devices, and those devices were closer to the aircraft than you and your controller were. The aircraft would have been struggling to receive your signal in that situation.
2019-9-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

ChairmanFPV Posted at 9-22 13:20
Yes antennas was correctly alligned and I was just 600m
In this case I was 5.8 but happen before with 2.4

If interference is causing signal dropouts on one frequency band, the first thing to check is the other frequency band.
The reason for two quite different bands is to provide an alternative when interference is a problem.
2019-9-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

We can't see clearly, but from the way your feet are positioned, I suspect you're not aiming correctly which not only promotes signal weakness but in this case also can create fresnel zone problems due to the surface you're standing on and transmitting from.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone

Good luck
2019-9-23
Use props
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-22 14:20
Yes, I understand your visual line of sight was good. VLOS

Thanks for clarifying that fact. It’s important to maintain that.

Lost signal it's one part of problem and cam be this that you refer, but the big problem it's  
I lose signal and when active RTH my yaw and roll getting crazy, just in this type occasions.

What can be?

Thank you
2019-9-23
Use props
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-23 02:21
We can't see clearly, but from the way your feet are positioned, I suspect you're not aiming correctly which not only promotes signal weakness but in this case also can create fresnel zone problems due to the surface you're standing on and transmitting from.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone

Lost signal it's one part of problem and cam be this that you refer, but the big problem it's  
I lose signal and when active RTH my yaw and roll getting crazy, just in this type occasions.

What can be?

Thank you
2019-9-23
Use props
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

Labroides Posted at 9-23 01:57
If interference is causing signal dropouts on one frequency band, the first thing to check is the other frequency band.
The reason for two quite different bands is to provide an alternative when interference is a problem.

What can be?

Thank you
2019-9-23
Use props
ChairmanFPV
lvl.2

Geebax Posted at 9-22 15:45
From looking at your video, you were flying above a dense city area, one that is full of WiFi devices, and those devices were closer to the aircraft than you and your controller were. The aircraft would have been struggling to receive your signal in that situation.

What can be?

Thank you
2019-9-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

ChairmanFPV Posted at 9-23 04:30

Personally, I would not fly from a pier such as the one you flew from because I would be too terrified of compass problems after launching so close to all the steel within the pier.  It could be you had compass problems.  

2019-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

Try flying in a different area.

Take off from a vacant location.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

ChairmanFPV Posted at 9-23 04:30

Now you are asking about more than just losing signal.
You'd better post the .txt file from your app so we can look at what was really  going on.

If you launched from a reinforced concrete surface, that's asking for trouble as it can cause serious flight issues with yaw errors that cause uncontrollable flight
2019-9-24
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>

Hi, see page 15 of the manual - In RTH you can't rotate left or right (YAW) or move sideways (Left/Right) - You can alter forward speed and vertical height when Smart RTH is active -  Also being sat right behind your metal vehicle wont help with the signal-
2019-9-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

Aerial-Image Posted at 9-24 22:32
Hi, see page 15 of the manual - In RTH you can't rotate left or right (YAW) or move sideways (Left/Right) - You can alter forward speed and vertical height when Smart RTH is active -  Also being sat right behind your metal vehicle wont help with the signal-

Hi, see page 15 of the manual - In RTH you can't rotate left or right (YAW) or move sideways (Left/Right)
You can rotate the drone when in RTH.
What the manual actually says is : it cannot rotate or fly left and right during RTH while the Forward Vision System is enabled

Turn off obstacle avoidance and you can rotate the drone until you get dizzy.
2019-9-24
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>

Isn't it on by default though?
2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules