iPhone's on ios13 now support bluetooth Xbox and Playstation control
5107 6 2019-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>

Just a heads up that with the release of ios13 on iPhone/iPad, you can now connect to your Xbox One and Playstation remotes and use them to conrol your Tello like all other Bluetooth controllers!

Steps to follow:
1. Grab your controller. Turn it on, press the sync button on it.
2. Go to your Apple device. Go to Bluetooth settings, select the controller.
3. Turn on Tello. Open app. Away you go!
4. Once you are done. Turn off tello and app, go to bluetooth controller settings and click disconnect to end the connection to the controller.

I tried with the Xbox One controller and it works great! All flip controls, camera controls etc work exactly the same as the GameSir controller.

Have fun!

2019-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us and thank you for your support. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-9-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft

Nice. Have anyone tried wired controller with lightning to usb A female adapter? iOS13 supports wired mice so I figure controllers might work too?
2019-9-24
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
  • >>>

Guorium Posted at 9-24 00:47
Nice. Have anyone tried wired controller with lightning to usb A female adapter? iOS13 supports wired mice so I figure controllers might work too?

The official Tello app currently only supports bluetooth controller connections. The guys doing it on Android with OTG cables are using 3rd party software to do so, tello fpv.
2019-9-25
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft

deathsquad Posted at 9-25 15:25
The official Tello app currently only supports bluetooth controller connections. The guys doing it on Android with OTG cables are using 3rd party software to do so, tello fpv.

I am one of those TelloFPV pilots ;). I also use iOS. Be good to have iOS on the otg bandwagon too. The tello stock app on iOS recognise hardwired gamevise and possibly rotor riot gamepad. It is good to try what I suggested if one has the micro usb / usb A adapter.
2019-9-25
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
  • >>>

Guorium Posted at 9-25 16:39
I am one of those TelloFPV pilots ;). I also use iOS. Be good to have iOS on the otg bandwagon too. The tello stock app on iOS recognise hardwired gamevise and possibly rotor riot gamepad. It is good to try what I suggested if one has the micro usb / usb A adapter.

It would be good for sure, much better than a BT connection.
2019-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules