M2P remote battery issue?
904 10 2019-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft

Hi all,

Just wondered how quickly everyone's Mavic 2 battery was depleting?

When the drone is idle it's losing about 1% between 45 to 60 seconds.

I had the Air before and the remote seemed to last quite a bit longer.

As it stands I'll struggle to fly 3 batteries on 1 remote.

I've turned off fast charge on my S8 but It doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks
2019-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

On android the remote will always try to charge your phone,  so make sure the phone is full before flying.
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MavicRich. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. This matter / phenomenon is related to the android system and hardware. The Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode. Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-9-24
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer

DAFlys Posted at 9-24 00:46
On android the remote will always try to charge your phone,  so make sure the phone is full before flying.

Thankyou.

Yeh it's a pain, wish they would change it.
2019-9-30
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-24 09:32
Hello and good day MavicRich. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. This matter / phenomenon is related to the android system and hardware. The Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode. Thank you for understanding and support.

Thanks DJI Stephen. My concern I guess is that the Mavic Air's remote used to last about 2 and a bit hours but the M2P lasts around an hour, so not enough for all 3 batteries which I have.

Just wondered if this run time is normal as it seems shorter than I would expect.
2019-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

MavicRich Posted at 9-30 02:30
Thankyou.

Yeh it's a pain, wish they would change it.

I believe its an Android issue rather than a remote issue. However there is a post on here where someone cut the shield and negative wire just leaving the two data wires and the +5v wire and it resolved the issue.
2019-9-30
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft

I can fly 4 batteries until 20, 16 % after charging 100% my controller. And it rests about 8% to 18% of its charge. I use android os and usually charge it full before flying.
2019-9-30
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer

DAFlys Posted at 9-30 02:47
I believe its an Android issue rather than a remote issue. However there is a post on here where someone cut the shield and negative wire just leaving the two data wires and the +5v wire and it resolved the issue.

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look into it.
2019-9-30
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer

Francis Posted at 9-30 09:28
I can fly 4 batteries until 20, 16 % after charging 100% my controller. And it rests about 8% to 18% of its charge. I use android os and usually charge it full before flying.

Hmm, it seems mine maybe isn't right based on this.

I flew yesterday at 68%. After 2 batteries it was down to 15%...
2019-9-30
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft

MavicRich Posted at 9-30 09:58
Hmm, it seems mine maybe isn't right based on this.

I flew yesterday at 68%. After 2 batteries it was down to 15%...

I don t know about some factors like temperature, humidity pressure etc. And i think the way you fly your drone might be important. I make videos and photos and i don t go too far. I don t use sport mode, hate POV flying  and NEVER fly my drone where i cannot see it. I do hover a lot finding the best angle to take pictures and shoot videos.  Maybe if i move it all the time and fast the charge will dry faster.
2019-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MavicRich Posted at 9-30 02:32
Thanks DJI Stephen. My concern I guess is that the Mavic Air's remote used to last about 2 and a bit hours but the M2P lasts around an hour, so not enough for all 3 batteries which I have.

Just wondered if this run time is normal as it seems shorter than I would expect.

You are very much welcome MavicRich. The capacity of the DJI Mavic Air’s remote controller is 2970 mAh. The max operating time is approximately 2.5 hours ( tested in an experiment environment for iOS devices and for Android devices the remote controller charges the Android mobile device, thus, the operating time reduces based on the model of mobile device ). Thank you.
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules