Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI won't own their mistakes
1772 10 2019-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carrascoalex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18822 ft

I crashed my drone after loosing signal when flying it with a broken remote. Is important to note that the remote is missing an antenna, it is obvious at plain sight that is broken. I sent the drone and broken remote to DJI for repairs. I followed all the instructions from DJI technical support so the could assess the damage. Their assessment was that drone crashed after loosing signalI from the remote. DJI advised that was not covered by warranty and that I needed to pay for the repair. I asked the Technical support representative via email to quote me for the repair of both drone and remote. DJI quoted the repair, I thought it was fair since they sell a refurbished drones like mine with batteries and remote for a little more of what they quoted me. I agreed to the fee DJI quoted and paid in advance for the repair.

To my surprise, DJI only repaired the drone and sent the broken remote back. I contacted DJI and asked for an explanation. DJI's answer was that I never quested the remote to be repaired. I wrote back and I requested then to read the email history on the case, as the request was made in writing via email.

Since I prepaid for the repair, I have no leverage with DJI. They are telling me that a refund is not possible because they sent me another drone and my old drone was their property now. I was also told that my remote had no serial number which is absolutely false because DJI sent an email conformation of receiving the drone and remote with their respective serial numbers. I purchased both through the DJI website.

My complains are,
1- DJI only performed 50% of the quoted repair.
2- DJI dropped the ball by not clarifying the scope of the work.
3- DJI never communicated of additional charges for the remote.
4- DJI at no point informed me that remote was not going to be repaired.
5- It took over a week and two follow up emails for a supervisor to contact me after it was escalated by the technical support rep.
6- DJI is selling on their website refurbished drones for much less of what they charge to repair them.

I'm still talking to DJI regarding the incident. Unfortunately, DJI responds once a week making this a very slow and stressful process.

Consumers please be careful when paying for DJI repair services and look at their website for cheeper options.

2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi carrascoalex, please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our repair center and customer support team, I managed to get the case number via your forum account, upon checking it, the Remote Controller was not evaluated and repaired, sorry again for the trouble and inconvenience caused.
Your case has been escalated to the management department for attention, we will find out the reason and learn from this to keep improving our customer service. There will be someone to contact you soon of what to do next, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-9-23
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

DJI's communication is absolutely the worst in the industry. They continue to fail to listen to their customer and understand what is being asked. From a simple google search, a billion dollar company with 6000 employees is not enough to support customers.
2019-9-24
Use props
fansba44a62d
lvl.1

SupCarlos Posted at 9-24 05:53
DJI's communication is absolutely the worst in the industry. They continue to fail to listen to their customer and understand what is being asked. From a simple google search, a billion dollar company with 6000 employees is not enough to support customers.

Great point Carlos. I hope my message is heard and  they will provide me with a fair solution to my problem.

I appreciate your comment!
2019-9-24
Use props
fansba44a62d
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-23 19:00
Hi carrascoalex, please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our repair center and customer support team, I managed to get the case number via your forum account, upon checking it, the Remote Controller was not evaluated and repaired, sorry again for the trouble and inconvenience caused.
Your case has been escalated to the management department for attention, we will find out the reason and learn from this to keep improving our customer service. There will be someone to contact you soon of what to do next, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you Mindy, I have been waiting for 41 days and exchanged over 19 emails with support. I really hope that DJI stands behind their existing customers and acknowledge their mistakes.
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansba44a62d Posted at 9-24 13:58
Thank you Mindy, I have been waiting for 41 days and exchanged over 19 emails with support. I really hope that DJI stands behind their existing customers and acknowledge their mistakes.

Sorry again for the troubles caused, we will take care of your concern and follow up, hope it will be solved this time.
2019-9-24
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>

fansba44a62d Posted at 9-24 13:56
Great point Carlos. I hope my message is heard and  they will provide me with a fair solution to my problem.

I appreciate your comment!

I have had countless issues with them, i think its truly a function of culture. They don't understand how customer service works just yet.. they think a simple nice e-mail or apology helps. They've got a lot to learn. It took me 4 months to get my issue solved through a DJI Manager who frankly had no authority to make any decisions,  it went back and forth to ' higher level' until i finally got what I needed. I wish you luck man.
2019-9-27
Use props
djiuser_8E2OOz1FGiMu
lvl.1

I’m shocked by the terrible customer service at DJI. My manic air controller usb had broken. Having done a little research in the internet this seems to be a very common problem. DJI offered to fix the problem, at no stage did they indicate that I would have to pay for the repair even though I sent very detailed pictures. Just received an email saying it’s fixed now that want £100. I truely feel I’ve been ripped off and held to ransom. Also the response I received was not very customer orientated. I’ve had 100 of electrical products I’ve charged over the years via micro usb and not one has failed. This is clearly a manufacturing weak point. DJI May make a quick buck on my repair, but they will lose a decent customer for good. Was just about to buy the Osmo too, don’t think I’ll bother now. Terrible customer service for a product that cost me over £1000. Shocking.
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8E2OOz1FGiMu Posted at 10-15 07:43
I’m shocked by the terrible customer service at DJI. My manic air controller usb had broken. Having done a little research in the internet this seems to be a very common problem. DJI offered to fix the problem, at no stage did they indicate that I would have to pay for the repair even though I sent very detailed pictures. Just received an email saying it’s fixed now that want £100. I truely feel I’ve been ripped off and held to ransom. Also the response I received was not very customer orientated. I’ve had 100 of electrical products I’ve charged over the years via micro usb and not one has failed. This is clearly a manufacturing weak point. DJI May make a quick buck on my repair, but they will lose a decent customer for good. Was just about to buy the Osmo too, don’t think I’ll bother now. Terrible customer service for a product that cost me over £1000. Shocking.

Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with the remote controller and our customer service, may we have the case number so that we can check more details and see whether we can help? Thank you in advance.
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_8E2OOz1FGiMu
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-15 19:36
Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with the remote controller and our customer service, may we have the case number so that we can check more details and see whether we can help? Thank you in advance.

My case number is CAS-3598514-F3D5H5 CRM:0001008374908
2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8E2OOz1FGiMu Posted at 10-15 21:49
My case number is CAS-3598514-F3D5H5 CRM:0001008374908

Thanks for the case number, your concern will be escalated to the higher-level team to double-check, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules