Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal problem, lazy technical team, many problems
1732 8 2019-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMyoda
lvl.1

I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom direct from DJI and soon realized that the gimbal drops  below the horizon when moving forward or backward without any input on gimbal control. I have only flown in low winds and at moderate speeds in P mode. I have the latest firmware and have calibrated the gimbal, compass and IMU but the problem still persists.  
It has been 16 days since I sent 2 video examples to DJI of my gimbal problem and have gotten no response from their technical team, only customer service. After contacting them 4 times customer service finally tells me last night that the gimbal dropping by itself is normal behavior and if the downward movement is becoming frequent even in stable environments, it is suggested to send the back to facility. But they do not give me any instructions or address to send it to.

Yes DJI, the downward movent is frequent even in stable conditions as I have detailed to you in writing and video over 2 weeks ago on September 7.

Since reporting the problem I have had to take this faulty drone out on 2 shoots for clients and deliver to them several ruined shots. I have another shoot scheduled for October 2, 5, and 6 and have zero faith you will be able to solve this issue in a timely manner.

After having spent over $90,000 on DJI products I would expect you to  take care of this mess in a timely and professional manner, yet you  haven't. If needed legal action will be taken to resolve the problems your  company is causing me and my business.

Here are links to the videos of the gimbal problem that I sent to them. I have many more.

2019-9-23
Use props
GMyoda
lvl.1

That is $90,000 Taiwan dollars, about $3,000 USD
2019-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GMyoda, we are sincerely sorry for the difficulties with the drone, I managed to get the email record via your Forum account, upon checking the details, the response was delayed because the support team was verifying with our engineers, sorry to keep you waiting. We will forward your experience to the related team for attention and shortening the response time and provide a timely service.
We have also informed the team to provide the steps to send in as soon as possible, please note the email update, thank you.
2019-9-23
Use props
GMyoda
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-23 20:34
Hi GMyoda, we are sincerely sorry for the difficulties with the drone, I managed to get the email record via your Forum account, upon checking the details, the response was delayed because the support team was verifying with our engineers, sorry to keep you waiting. We will forward your experience to the related team for attention and shortening the response time and provide a timely service.
We have also informed the team to provide the steps to send in as soon as possible, please note the email update, thank you.

Hi Mindy, I do not feel like anyone from DJI has given any time or attention to the gimbal problem. Got a reply from Cass from Customer Care; ...

" in regards to the Mavic 2's gimbal will sometimes move straight down during flight, as the aircraft's attitude is too large and the nose is tilted too far. To avoid reaching the limit, the gimbal will move downward which is not the product malfunction, we are regretting to tell you that we wouldn't be able to provide warranty service for your case."

From day one, I have provided clear videos that show the gimbal is not at its limit, the craft is flying slow, and with very low wind. Yet no one seems to understand or care. Did anyone really take a look at my videos? Wouldn't you want to see the flight logs? My guess is the drone I bought from you guys is a refurbished one (bought as replacement for a crashed drone direct from DJI) that wasn't tested adequately and no one wants to take responsibility for the mistake.

And this is the solution I am offered;

Here are some suggestions for reference:

When the aircraft flies forward against the wind, a larger attitude is required in order to resist the wind turbine, and the gimbal is relatively easy to hit the upper limit. It is recommended to adjust the gimbal downward or slow down the flight speed.
    When the aircraft is flying forward, move the gimbal upward. If the gimbal is close to the limit, it will automatically move downward. It is recommended not to move the gimbal up to the top when flying forward.
    When the aircraft flies backward, and the control sticks are suddenly released, the attitude of the aircraft will change too much due to the rapid braking. It is recommended to slow down the drone slowly when flying backward.
    When the drone is flying forward in S-mode, the flight speed is faster, and the attitude of the aircraft is larger. It is recommended to adjust the gimbal's movement downward or control the aircraft to avoid sudden changes in speed.

Since DJI is incapable of diagnosing and fixing this gimbal problem I am going to make a video flying my defective drone along side my friend's mavic with identical settings. Then we can all clearly see just how bad this problem is.
2019-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GMyoda Posted at 9-28 17:26
Hi Mindy, I do not feel like anyone from DJI has given any time or attention to the gimbal problem. Got a reply from Cass from Customer Care; ...

Your complaint is following up by the higher-level team, and what you posted above is the advice by the team. It would be great if you could provide the comparison video for further verification, please reply the email back and we will also follow up.
2019-9-29
Use props
GMyoda
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-29 04:52
Your complaint is following up by the higher-level team, and what you posted above is the advice by the team. It would be great if you could provide the comparison video for further verification, please reply the email back and we will also follow up.

My drone is now with your engineers. They have reviewed the video files and flight logs I have sent them and said they cannot find any problems and want to send the drone back to me, which I find unacceptable since the video files and flight logs clearly show the gimbal dropping problem.

Here is a youtube link to the second set of videos I sent your engineers so that we can see together the problem that your engineers won't acknowledge;

And a link to the flight log to show that I was never moving the gimbal down on the controller;
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6F0M28881QUC1XTZMNHQ

I did not have time to coordinate with the other Mavic 2 pilot to create a side by side comparison video, and don't think I should have to prove how bad this obvious problem is. But if DJI continues to refuse to honor its warranty I will be left with no choice to make that video and post to youtube, facebook, and other forums to let others know that DJI stands behind this kind of gimbal behavior from its Mavic 2.

I need this problem fixed as soon as possible. It is affecting my business and the reputation of both myself and DJI.
2019-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GMyoda Posted at 10-29 23:54
My drone is now with your engineers. They have reviewed the video files and flight logs I have sent them and said they cannot find any problems and want to send the drone back to me, which I find unacceptable since the video files and flight logs clearly show the gimbal dropping problem.

Here is a youtube link to the second set of videos I sent your engineers so that we can see together the problem that your engineers won't acknowledge;

Hi GMyoda, we are sorry for the damage assessment result, your case has been escalated to the local team for double evaluation, we will keep you updated as soon as possible, thank you.
2019-10-30
Use props
GMyoda
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-30 23:33
Hi GMyoda, we are sorry for the damage assessment result, your case has been escalated to the local team for double evaluation, we will keep you updated as soon as possible, thank you.

Thanks Mindy
2019-10-31
Use props
GMyoda
lvl.1
Taiwan

Just got a message from Customer Service saying that the DJI engineer tested the aircraft but cannot find any abnormal issue with the gimbal and that warranty service can't be provided.

I find this hard to believe. The gimbal drops by itself during every flight several times, never flying in sports mode.

Oh well, last time I buy from DJI. The Skydio 2 is looking pretty good right now
2019-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules