Need to stop H3-3D Automatic Yaw Lead.
1565 3 2014-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lennyschway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1708412 ft
United States

On my Phantom 2 I have the H3-3D Gimbal.
The problem is when you apply a Yaw stick input, the gimbal will yaw in the direction i am trying to yaw the P2. Looking at my FPV monitor I can see the image start to yaw in the direction i am trying to go. Unfortunately i can't tell if the craft is yawing or it's the gimbal and usually it's a combination of both.
As soon as the video image is pointed in the direction I am trying to center on I release the yaw stick but since the gimbal was adding it's own lead in yaw, the video image will rotate to the left or right due to the gimbal going back to center. i have found it very difficult to film something and yaw the craft in one direction or the other without a gimbal yaw re centering at the end.

Can I disable this anticipated yaw lead in by the gimbal?

I hope my description of the problem is not to confusing.

Thanks in advance..

2014-11-14
Use props
bensdesk
New

United States

Same problem here. The anticipated yaw just started here in the past week. Even sitting on the ground before the rotors are tuning, I can push the left stick side to side and the gimbal will yaw right to left. And yes this while it's sitting on the ground without the rotor motors turning!!! It also looks horrible in the video output because now it sways left and right. Please help. Thx
2015-4-12
Use props
WAATA
New

Netherlands

Hello,
I have the exact same problem, I could have written both of the above posts myself so I don't have to explain any further. What I can add to my specific case is that the problem started right after installing the latests firmware up-grade on 19 April 2015. It's worth saying that I hadn't upgraded for at least 6-8 months so it could be any of the firmware updates made in that time span that is causing the problem.

DJI: This issue is really damaging our videos, please hurry in offering us a fix or solution. Thanks!
2015-4-20
Use props
WAATA
New

Netherlands

WAATA Posted at 2015-4-20 18:31
Hello,
I have the exact same problem, I could have written both of the above posts myself so I don't ...

Hello again,

I just called my DJI dealer and he explained that this is all part of the new firmware up-grades, ie this is normal. DJI adapted the gimbal firmware to include this yaw-motion intentionally in order to solve two problems:

1. Avoid getting the landing gear in view during sharp turns (specially with wide view on your gopro).
2. To soften sharp turns on your video.

So there you go guys... start adapting your flight tequnique 'cause this isn't going away.
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules