Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S and Fujifilm compatibility
938 7 2019-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaky
lvl.3

Hello at all DJI Administrators,

since we have the following thread about Ronin SC + Fujifilm camera compatibility:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=197514&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D561%26typeid%3D561

I would like to ask if, in the coming week, the same RSS Cable compatible with Fujifilm for Ronin S will be available and supported by a new firmware in order to use all the camera features, like start/stop video recording.

Let us know, I think we are lot of peoples waiting for that!

Cheers,
Marco
2019-9-24
Use props
DGBarar
Captain
  • >>>

Hi Marco:  Thank you for writing this request of when we are going to see FujiFilm support for the Ronin S similar to that of the Ronin SC.  My guess is that DJI Forum Administrators will not respond.
2019-9-24
Use props
DGBarar
Captain
  • >>>

Hi Marco:
Thank you for writing this request of when we are going to see FujiFilm support for the Ronin S similar to that of the Ronin SC.  Unfortunately, I expect that DJI Forum Administrators will not respond.

Don Barar
2019-9-24
Use props
Spaky
lvl.3

DGBarar Posted at 9-24 15:02
Hi Marco:
Thank you for writing this request of when we are going to see FujiFilm support for the Ronin S similar to that of the Ronin SC.  Unfortunately, I expect that DJI Forum Administrators will not respond.

Hi Don,

I'm still confident that for all Ronin S users with Fuji cameras the situation will change very soon.

It's not acceptable that the big brother of Ronin SC won't be able to do the same thing and have the same compatibility.

In the worst case, as for others, I will evaluate a switch to a different vendor (but I'm not happy of that)

Marco
2019-9-25
Use props
DGBarar
Captain
  • >>>

Spaky Posted at 9-25 02:11
Hi Don,

I'm still confident that for all Ronin S users with Fuji cameras the situation will change very soon.

Hi Marco,

The problem that I have with DJI is that as a company they are "tone deaf" and have no idea of the how the decisions they make look and impact their customers.   After months of individuals asking and DJI Forum Administrators promising that the Ronin S would support the FujiFilm cameras we end up with them only supporting the Ronin SC.  I get it that  FujiFilm SDK does not fully support record on/off by USB.  But to give the Ronin SC a workaround via the 2.5 mm jack and not do the same for the Ronin S is absolutely maddening.  My impression is that Dji makes questionable decisions and does not care about how they are perceived by their customers.  But this is nothing new with DJI.  They have done this with all product lines for years, e.g. not being able to purchase a battery for Phantom 4 Pro for months because they were out of production.

As a company, DJI never misses an opportunity to disappoint.

Don Barar
2019-9-25
Use props
Spaky
lvl.3

DGBarar Posted at 9-25 14:03
Hi Marco,

The problem that I have with DJI is that as a company they are "tone deaf" and have no idea of the how the decisions they make look and impact their customers.   After months of individuals asking and DJI Forum Administrators promising that the Ronin S would support the FujiFilm cameras we end up with them only supporting the Ronin SC.  I get it that  FujiFilm SDK does not fully support record on/off by USB.  But to give the Ronin SC a workaround via the 2.5 mm jack and not do the same for the Ronin S is absolutely maddening.  My impression is that Dji makes questionable decisions and does not care about how they are perceived by their customers.  But this is nothing new with DJI.  They have done this with all product lines for years, e.g. not being able to purchase a battery for Phantom 4 Pro for months because they were out of production.

Hi Don,

I'm sorry to hear from you that these problems spread also on other products lines, I'm interested also in buying a Mavic Pro 2 but I would like to be sure that I won't face any problems and regret the purchase.

Having said that today they have released a big update for the Ronin S, I'm still waiting to have the same compatibility as for the Ronin SC on the Ronin S too for Fuji camera owners.

Marco
2019-9-26
Use props
DGBarar
Captain
  • >>>

Spaky Posted at 9-26 04:49
Hi Don,

I'm sorry to hear from you that these problems spread also on other products lines, I'm interested also in buying a Mavic Pro 2 but I would like to be sure that I won't face any problems and regret the purchase.

Hi Marco:

Thanks for writing.  I read the release 09/26/2019 release notes for the Ronin S.  I read no reference to Fujifilm cameras.  So I assume record on/off for FujiFilm cameras is still not working via the 2.5 mm jack work around for the Ronin S even though this feature is available on ther SC.

Here is another issue.  The firmware that was released today was for iOS app version 1.2.4.  However, the app on my iPhone is 1.2.2.  There is no update for the iPhone available.  This oversight is just plain sloppy on the part of DJI.

Two more examples of how DJI never misses an opportunity to disappoint.

Don Barar
2019-9-26
Use props
alexandruchitu
lvl.3
Romania

Any updates? I just bought a Ronin S and when I connect via MCC cable and turn on the cambera it's sticks to USB MODE on the screen and I can't do nothing
2019-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules