Mavic Air Gimbal frozen
816 3 2019-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joep Orbons
New

Today I flew my Mavic Air. It has been working for me for over a year without problems. This morning it was working fine too. During the afternoon flight, it took off without problems, the camera is giving images as normal. But the gimbal is frozen. The gimbal wheel does not produce a tilt in the camera. And the image returned is jumping up and down, same as the drone. I landed the drone and checked the gimbal. It was moving freely but was not powered, it was frozen in the position it was put in manualy. No motors were powering it.

The settings give me "Gimbal status" with nothing, no text. I recalibrated the drone, no effect.

I stored the drone safely, as far as I know nothing banged the drone or interfered with the gimbal.

Anyone any idea? Is it a software issue? Or is there a power problem, a defect and do I have to send it in for repairs?

2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you manage to do the RC calibration to check if the gimbal wheel is responding? Did you try to restart the aircraft to check the gimbal if it would perform the auto self-checking? You may also perform the gimbal auto calibration to checkif that would help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-24
Use props
Joep Orbons
New

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-24 13:19
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you manage to do the RC calibration to check if the gimbal wheel is responding? Did you try to restart the aircraft to check the gimbal if it would perform the auto self-checking? You may also perform the gimbal auto calibration to checkif that would help. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony,
I was away on holiday and only returned these days.
- The RC calibration worked nicely but did not improve the gimbal operation.
- The Gimbal calibration started with 10% and did not continue beyond 10%. The gimbal was not moving, no reaction at all. After 10 minutes, I canceled the gimbal calibration as it froze on 10% and nothing happened.
- I have restarted the drone a couple of times.
Can you give me advice?
I would like to take the Mavic Air to a repair shop and get the gimbal repaired.

Best wishes,

Joep Orbons
2019-10-18
Use props
ahmadagawad
New

Egypt

i have the same the problem. any updates
2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now