Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>

2019-9-24
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft

How did you get yours so quickly?  Mine is still in processing on the DJI Store...
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BobWinNV. Thank you for sharing this amazing review video of the DJI Osmo Action Audio Adapter. Aldryn Estacio of Flytpath did an amazing work. Great find and thank you for your support. .
2019-9-24
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4

Tell you what, the internal Mic is actually pretty good!
2019-9-24
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

Good find Bob.

I’m not impressed with the sound of the VideoMicro in this video, the internals maybe sound better or are at least not bad sounding compared to the Micro.

Knowing how good the Micro is, I’d have to say that either the adaptor or the Action are compromising the audio signal. We had this when the adaptor for the Pocket was first released and it did get better over time via firmware updates. Although I’m not personally prepared to wait for such fixes with the Action and there’s the whole stereo issue that needs answering.

Knowing the potential issues with DJI and audio, I’m gonna wait a couple of weeks to see what the GoPro 8 is like for audio. Even if the GP8 isn’t markedly better than the Action for picture functions, if it works well and has got at least as good audio as the GP7, I may go back to GP for my main actioncam. The Pocket on the other hand is something I’ll never get shut of as it’s a brilliant and unique camera that has no competition.

I’m also a little concerned that DJI have not released their own adaptor, especially as it was already shown in another video. I bet those case manufacturers aren’t going to be happy that this adaptor won’t fit many of their cases.

Just as an example of how good the Micro is when used with something that has a good audio input, there’s a video below as a comparison. The audio quality in this video is night and day compared to that example of the Micro on the Action. I know the sound of the Micro very well, it’s my favourite small video mic and in the example with the Action, it sounds dull and quite lifeless.

Cheers,
Dave.

2019-9-24
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4

David_Harry Posted at 9-24 14:36
Good find Bob.

I’m not impressed with the sound of the VideoMicro in this video, the internals maybe sound better or are at least not bad sounding compared to the Micro.

There's obviously something wrong in that video.  My guess is he's got the wind setting wrong or something.  There is no way the external mic would sound that bad compared to the internal mic.  Again, these videos should be taken with a pinch of salt unless we know what firmware and what settings are being used.  I for one cannot go back to gopro because it does not work in sub zero temps.  Also it just crashed too many times.  Also lost a fair amount of footage without realizing it.
2019-9-24
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

anthonyb Posted at 9-24 15:55
There's obviously something wrong in that video.  My guess is he's got the wind setting wrong or something.  There is no way the external mic would sound that bad compared to the internal mic.  Again, these videos should be take with a pinch of sale unless we know what firmware and what settings are being used.  I for one cannot go back to gopro because it does not work in sub zero temps.  Also it just crashed too many times.  Also lost a fair amount of footage without realizing it.

I moved from the GP7 to the Action just as you did, for slightly different reasons. The one thing I’ve never had any complaints about with GoPro since the 3, is the quality of external audio. With the 5, 6 and 7 they introduced what was on the face of it, seemed a cumbersome and expensive audio interface but one that sounded great. After using the competition I can now say that GoPo’s interface is sonically superior, records two discreet channels, isn’t cumbersome in a vlogging case and now doesn’t seem expensive compared to something that’s 80 percent the price and nowhere near the functionality.

I think the Action is a great camera but it would appear that the audio doesn’t compliment its picture.

With GoPro at least they offer a 30 day money back guarantee here in the UK on their store. For me personally, it’s worth buying an 8 and testing it for all the issues I had with the 7, if it doesn’t hit the mark, I’ll just get a refund.

I doubt very much the GP8 will compete with the Action on price. But I’m more concerned with having something that has great two channel audio. If the 8 isn’t over the top with its price and works properly, there won’t be much of a choice between it and the Action, at least for me.

2019-9-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Thanks for sharing
2019-9-25
Use props
deejayone
lvl.3

This is a great, comprehensive review. Nice to see it will fit with my case too - phew!

Looking forward to getting my adaptor now.
2019-9-25
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595561 ft
  • >>>

thank you for the post. Finally! i just ordered my adapter
2019-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

Very nice set up
2019-9-25
Use props
maddox
Captain

Nice video, thanks for posting it
2019-9-26
Use props
Grace Park V
lvl.1
Brunei

hi Newbie here in the forum, just want to share my rig for DJI Osmo Action, i made three set ups to address for thick cages, the videos are progressive as i create i notice some flaws.

first set up  

Second Set Up

Third Set Up
2019-10-20
Use props
Grace Park V
lvl.1
Brunei

Grace Park V Posted at 10-20 16:29
hi Newbie here in the forum, just want to share my rig for DJI Osmo Action, i made three set ups to address for thick cages, the videos are progressive as i create i notice some flaws.

first set up  

https://youtu.be/w1Gq2Z5j8UM
https://youtu.be/ZhekvlnEeGA
https://youtu.be/iRhsFoA_-ag

i didnt see the hyperlink so i put the links here
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules