Advise needed Inspire 1 or 1 version 2 ??
12Next >
3338 42 2019-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

Hi GuysI need you Inspire 1 owner,i need advise...
Am about to buy a used Inspire 1 cause there is a bunch of them for sale in my area.
My question is,should i go with a Inspire 1 version 1 or the version 2 ?
Both version are availble and there is no difference in price.
I've no intention to upgrade for a bigger camera so am asking just about the drone itself.
I've read that the version 2 was a bit more powerfull and is more controlable but
some say the exact opposite so am confuse...
For those of you who have try both version...i would appriciate a "push in the right direction"
Thanks !!
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-24
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

Thanks Gamora!
I sure hope so too !!
2019-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 9-24 13:50
Thanks Gamora!
I sure hope so too !!

You're welcome!
2019-9-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

There's not much of the difference in terms of flying performance between V1 and V2. Personally I'll opt for V2 since it's easier to install aftermarket propellers. However, make sure you're getting batteries in good shape. New batteries and genuine DJI propellers are nowhere to find as Inspire 1 reached EOL. If included batteries were charged more than 100 times (as recorded in their's internal memory) you may be buying a dead cow most likely. With a luck on your side you'll have perhaps 50-75 flights on a single TB48 battery of average age these days ...
2019-9-24
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

Hi Matthew and thanks for your answer!
One of the Version 2 available is coming with 2 batteries,one TB48 (charge 5 times) and one TB47 (charge 12 times )
So there are still "some juice to squeeze" in those 2 batteries...
2019-9-24
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 9-24 15:06
One of the Version 2 available is coming with 2 batteries,one TB48 (charge 5 times) and one TB47 (charge 12 times )

I have a 2 complete  Inspire 1 V2 drones for sale. One is brand new with 2 batteries and tons of extras. The other one has some flight time on it but no damage or mishaps ever..... with 3 batteries all in great shape including some other extras. PM me, for details

I hope to hear from you

Rich J

image1.jpeg IMG_8928.PNG IMG_8930.JPG
2019-9-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 9-24 15:06
One of the Version 2 available is coming with 2 batteries,one TB48 (charge 5 times) and one TB47 (charge 12 times )

That may be true, assuming properly stored and maintained battery.
2019-9-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

The V2.0 upgraded the V1 with 1345T props which are more securely locked onto the motors than the 1345S and the original 1345 of the V1. The motors also upgraded from 3510 to 3510H which are slightly more powerful. The ESC's were also upgraded and the gimbal vibration plate was too to make the V2.0 universal with the X5 and X5R cameras should you wish to upgrade at a later date. The V2.0 succeeded the V1 in late 2015 and was originally released as a T600 but a T601 model was released in 2016 with thicker boom arms and a new pattern on the carbon fibre. So be sure to check those numbers on the inside of the battery compartment.

Note that all Inspire 1's are end of life products now and are no longer manufactured by DJI. Accessories are increasingly difficult to come by - especially 1345T props so be sure to only buy if the package has at least 12 I'd say with 8 brand new in sealed bags or your ability to fly the drone may be seriously limited. Batteries are another concern but more readily available from local dealers - for now!

I would go with the V2.0 as the V1's are obviously older and typically worth less on resale but a mint condition V1 will be better than a heavily used and abused V2 so at this stage overall condition is King. The V1 was also released throughout 2015 with it's own minor upgrades from models A-D so check that out too on the serial numbers. Good luck.   
2019-9-24
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

Thanks Guys the the fast answer !!
Well..i guess if the price is the same...the Version 2 is the way to go,of course depending on the overall shape/condition.
Another technical question:
It's easy to have an overall idea of how much a battery have been used by checking how many times it been charged. ( How well they have been take care of is another "part of the pie" )
Can you have similar information but from the drone...meaning...is there a way to know how many batteries a Inspire have gone thru over is life ??
Cause you could buy a kit with really fresh batteries thinking that the drone itself have almost not been used judging by the overall batteries life but maybe the batteries are quite fresh but the drone have been thru many set of batteries....
2019-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 9-25 02:26
Thanks Guys the the fast answer !!
Well..i guess if the price is the same...the Version 2 is the way to go,of course depending on the overall shape/condition.
Another technical question:

You're welcome and good question.

With regards to the batteries - there is a status menu in the advanced section of the battery data in the app - this will show any abnormal battery functions. The info will also display not only the number of times charged but the remaining capacity.

Another way of checking the capacity is with the battery turned off press and hold the power button for five seconds and the LED's will light up - each LED light represents a loss of 25% of the original capacity and thus a flashing LED = 12.5%. So if three lights are solid and one is flashing the remaining capacity will be around 87.5%, with three solid and one blank = 75% and so on.

Also, in the app, check the voltage readouts of each cell - there should not be a deviance of more than 1.0 between the voltage of each cell (there are a total of six cells). Also physically check the exterior of the batteries for signs of swelling, puffing, scratches, indentations, splits etc.

I have never had to do it but you may be able to connect the drone or RC via the USB cable to DJI Assistant 2 on a computer and you may be able to get the total flight records that way but don't quote me it.

Another thing to watch out for is modified V1's to look like V2's. Check the motors which should state 3510H on them - upgrading just the props and/or gimbal plate does not make a V1 a V2 - note the ESC's and motors are also upgraded and many try to sell their Inspire 1 V1's as V2's.

Without knowing the guy the photo of the Inspire 1 in RichJ53 photo is 100% an Inspire 1 V2.0 T601 model in what looks to be mint condition - this is the best Inspire 1 to get that DJI made with an X3.
2019-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

I have the same drone but mine is not for sale - all the best with it
2019-9-25
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

Wow...thanks A J
That's more than i ask for...which of course never hurt !!
2019-9-25
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

Curious what you need an Inspire 1 for?  Is it the wow factor?  To me risk versus reward wouldn’t be great enough as trying to find batteries and props really is a PITA and is only going to get worse.  Don’t get me wrong, awesome bird to fly... but doesn’t do anything an MP2 wouldn’t do better at this point.
2019-9-25
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

That's a fair question:
I've start piloting drone very recently ( last July ) and am kinda hook ever since...i fly a average of 2 hours every day unless it's raining.
Strong wind are not a problems...i like the challenge.
So far,i had the Phantom 3 standard,SE,Pro,and i currently have a Phantom 4 Standard and a brand new Phantom 4 Pro.
Am just a "hobbyist",i've no intention to start a business or something like that...or impress peoples,i mean,except for my closest neighbor,
who live about 1 kilometer from my place,nobody know that i've drones and that after 3 months so it kinda give you a idea that it's more a personal obsession at the moment.
I just like to fly and shoot videos.
The main reasons for getting a Inspire 1 is:
Am curious to see/feel the difference of a bigger bird...so i'm probably guilty of the "Wow Factor"
But mainly,there is about 8 Inspire 1 for sale at the moment not too far from my area and the one that
is currently my first choice is cheaper than the cheap used Phantom 4 that i bought a month ago...
So cheap that i can't let it go...
I know that my brand new Phantom 4 Pro is gonna gave me better video quality than the X3
but since am now officially addicted...this is the next logical step for me and maybe a first step forward a Inspire 2

2019-9-25
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 9-25 08:26
That's a fair question:
I've start piloting drone very recently ( last July ) and am kinda hook ever since...i fly a average of 2 hours every day unless it's raining.
Strong wind are not a problems...i like the challenge.

Well, that’s an honest answer.  It really is a great quad to fly.  The speed alone is worth it.  Enjoy.
2019-9-25
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

That's exactly one thing that the Phantom 4 Pro and other smaller drones are missing,the lack of speed...
Not that it's necessary but it's a nice option to have when you need it.
When i try to follow a car...i always miss some speed
2019-9-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 9-25 08:40
That's exactly one thing that the Phantom 4 Pro and other smaller drones are missing,the lack of speed...
Not that it's necessary but it's a nice option to have when you need it.
When i try to follow a car...i always miss some speed

Hmm, I'm not sure if speed is really one of Inspire's advantages as compared to - say - P4P. Perhaps the majesty, power and elegance of flight, all these attributes which comes with size and class ... BTW, Richj53 is a longtime contributor to this forum ... Consider his offer seriously.
2019-9-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-25 11:10
Hmm, I'm not sure if speed is really one of Inspire's advantages as compared to - say - P4P. Perhaps the majesty, power and elegance of flight, all these attributes which comes with size and class ... BTW, Richj53 is a longtime contributor to this forum ... Consider his offer seriously.

Hi Matthew
It's been awhile.... I hope you had a great summer (free of fires this year)  I see you are helping many posts in the forum these days.... Awesome BTW

I thought I would reach out on this thread... just in case.  Thank you for the kind words. My drones are in excellent shape  

All the best
Rich
2019-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 9-25 07:40
Wow...thanks A J
That's more than i ask for...which of course never hurt !!

My pleasure
2019-9-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 9-25 20:00
Hi Matthew
It's been awhile.... I hope you had a great summer (free of fires this year)  I see you are helping many posts in the forum these days.... Awesome BTW

Long time indeed, Rich. Yes, summer was excellent this year in British Columbia, virtually smoke-free and pleasantly calm.  Was there until first morning frost on my boat ... Hope you're OK as well.

Matthew.
2019-9-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-26 00:15
Long time indeed, Rich. Yes, summer was excellent this year in British Columbia, virtually smoke-free and pleasantly calm.  Was there until first morning frost on my boat  ... Hope you're OK as well.

Matthew.

Matthew,

This was an awesome summer in Oregon too. Just a few fires with about 2 weeks of smoke.  other than that, it was great

Doing okay right now....  

All the best
Rich
2019-9-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

The Inspire 1s were good before the latest M2 and Phantom 4s came into existence.
2019-9-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-26 17:51
The Inspire 1s were good before the latest M2 and Phantom 4s came into existence.

Yeah, like you know anything about Inspire class ...
2019-9-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 9-26 17:57
Yeah, like you know anything about Inspire class  ...

I compare the pictures and video taken from them.

I think the flight time of the Inspire is also Half that of the P4 and M2.
Sometimes you don't need first-hand experience if you know where to look.  First-hand experience can work too but if you don't know what to compare, it would appear the same to you but they are not the same.
2019-9-26
Use props
Kent Groves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1082100 ft

i have a V2 don't get a V1 at all.  buy it with the x5 if you get chance too.   i call my inspire the sofa of drones just so smooth.   
2019-9-26
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3

Thanks Kent
It's the plan now..i'm schedule to go see one this Saturday.
The guy told me that is gonna gave me a long demonstration just to confirm me
that everything is normal ...after that...it's pretty much "done deal" !!
2019-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-26 19:38
I compare the pictures and video taken from them.

I think the flight time of the Inspire is also Half that of the P4 and M2.

I use to get around 25 minutes with my P4P and I get around 17 minutes with my I1 using a TB48. Definitely less but nowhere near half the time.

The Inspire 1 is far more agile, is capable of 360 degree gimbal pans with a modular gimbal offering a selection of five different cameras including micro four third sensors capable of DNG RAW in 4K and an XT for thermal imaging. I've reached speeds exceeding 80MPH and it cuts through wind like it's not there. The ability to transform the landing gear in flight also removes the props completely from the footage - even when pitching the gimbal +30. It is an amazing drone to fly and looks awesome.  

The P4P's offer many features over the Inspire 1 but it's in a different class mate, it really is.
2019-9-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-28 05:01
I use to get around 25 minutes with my P4P and I get around 17 minutes with my I1 using a TB48. Definitely less but nowhere near half the time.

The Inspire 1 is far more agile, is capable of 360 degree gimbal pans with a modular gimbal offering a selection of five different cameras including micro four third sensors capable of DNG RAW in 4K and an XT for thermal imaging. I've reached speeds exceeding 80MPH and it cuts through wind like it's not there. The ability to transform the landing gear in flight also removes the props completely from the footage - even when pitching the gimbal +30. It is an amazing drone to fly and looks awesome.  

I get around 28 with my P4P V2.0.

Yeah, the speed of the Inspire is definitely better.  When there is significant wind the M2 and P4 cut the speeds.
2019-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-28 07:52
I get around 28 with my P4P V2.0.

Yeah, the speed of the Inspire is definitely better.  When there is significant wind the M2 and P4 cut the speeds.

Yeah, I have got 29 minutes with the MPP and nearly 19 minutes several times with the Inspire 1 but they are few and far between. The flight time is affected quite heavily by how aggressive the Inspire is being flown and of course, wind speeds.

The Inspire is best for speed and agility IMO but the P4P is an awesome drone with more modern tech. All DJI  drones will obviously have something the other models don't - it's just a case of buying and using the one/s that suit the individual need/job the most. From price to portability, speed to image quality - which one is best will always be in the eye of the beholder. I've owned and extensively flown 11 DJI drones for over three years now and flown them nearly 11.2 million feet without a single outdoor crash (though I've come close more than once lol) - for me, the Inspire 1 is the most fun
2019-9-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-28 08:20
Yeah, I have got 29 minutes with the MPP and nearly 19 minutes several times with the Inspire 1 but they are few and far between. The flight time is affected quite heavily by how aggressive the Inspire is being flown and of course, wind speeds.

The Inspire is best for speed and agility IMO but the P4P is an awesome drone with more modern tech. All DJI  drones will obviously have something the other models don't - it's just a case of buying and using the one/s that suit the individual need/job the most. From price to portability, speed to image quality - which one is best will always be in the eye of the beholder. I've owned and extensively flown 11 DJI drones for over three years now and flown them nearly 11.2 million feet without a single outdoor crash (though I've come close more than once lol) - for me, the Inspire 1 is the most fun

I've ordered an Inspire 1 because I want to fly for fun like the Spark.  I don't need OA.  I'm bored of flying in 1st person all the time.  I want something cool to look at and use plus it would be a great talking piece.
2019-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-28 08:49
I've ordered an Inspire 1 because I want to fly for fun like the Spark.  I don't need OA.  I'm bored of flying in 1st person all the time.  I want something cool to look at and use plus it would be a great talking piece.

Good for you mate - it's definitely fun and the image quality is great too. Let me know when it arrives.
2019-9-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-28 08:54
Good for you mate - it's defiantly fun and the image quality is great too. Let me know when it arrives.

It comes with:
X3 Camera
Controller- 658B model
4-TB48 Batteries
2-High Wattage Chargers
1-Lower Wattage travel Charger
3-sets of Props (Newest mount)
InsPak Hardshell Pro Backpack Case

The batteries alone are going for $250 and people have a hard time finding so I was thinking I need to get this.  The mount looks like he upgraded the motors but if not I can upgrade them in the future or just keep it as it is.

I like flying my Spark in 3rd person but it's quite small.  Seeing the Inspire 1 fly quick would be cool.

Because it's used and even if new (old) that I don't think I would be able to fly over property and people but I'm looking for some open field fun.
2019-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-28 09:11
It comes with:
X3 Camera (X5 mount and landing risers installed so it can fly with X3,X5,X5R)
Controller- 658B model

Sounds like a great bundle. They are very reliable mate - just do some research on pre flight check lists and battery maintenance.
2019-9-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-28 11:01
Sounds like a great bundle. They are very reliable mate - just do some research on pre flight check lists and battery maintenance.

How does it compare to the M2P and P4?

I was researching the X3 hard and it has a 94° FOV.
P4 is 84°
M2Z is 83°
M2P is 77°
Spark is 81.9°

It means I can indoor w/ the X3.  The seller listed it wrong.  It's an Inspire 1 Pro not Inspire 1 V1.0.  Basically has the same components as a V2.0.  I bought it before other people found out.
2019-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-28 15:28
How does it compare to the M2P and P4?

I was researching the X3 hard and it has a 94° FOV.

Yep, 94 degree FOV - very wide angle but no distortion - it's a great little camera. However, the Pro model is exactly the same except it has the X5 M4T camera. Thats even better but forget those 19 min flight times I mentioned
2019-9-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-28 22:58
Yep, 94 degree FOV - very wide angle but no distortion - it's a great little camera. However, the Pro model is exactly the same except it has the X5 M4T camera. Thats even better but forget those 19 min flight times I mentioned

Yeah but the seller put an X3 on which I prefer because the X5 has blurring issues.  The bigger camera makes it where the sensor is being used in full.  People don't know things get cropped not really to make it more cinematic but to hide the overheating issues.

Hopefully it ships then I can tell of any Jello and the firmware versions that need addressing.
2019-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-29 08:23
Yeah but the seller put an X3 on which I prefer because the X5 has blurring issues.  The bigger camera makes it where the sensor is being used in full.  People don't know things get cropped not really to make it more cinematic but to hide the overheating issues.

Hopefully it ships then I can tell of any Jello and the firmware versions that need addressing.

Look forward to your first hand review
2019-9-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-29 08:34
Look forward to your first hand review

I should be able to get an all-around perspective after using all 4 batteries.

The Inspire 1 with V2.0 motors shows to be faster than then Inspire 2 at the smallest camera config.  I was looking for a high-performance drone and this seems to be it.  Hopefully the seller ships and nothing is wrong with it.
2019-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 9-29 09:29
I should be able to get an all-around perspective after using all 4 batteries.

The Inspire 1 with V2.0 motors shows to be faster than then Inspire 2 at the smallest camera config.  I was looking for a high-performance drone and this seems to be it.  Hopefully the seller ships and nothing is wrong with it.

It is faster in terms of maximum velocity in A-mode with a tail wind (I've hit 82.3MPH) but the Inspire 2 accelerates faster.
2019-9-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules