Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bench Test Accessory Needed
2819 5 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TampaTC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177297 ft

As an owner of a Mavic 2 Pro, I think a Bench Test Battery Pack is needed. What am I talking about? It would be a battery pack shell with an plug port to be able to connect to AC or DC power supplies. The battery pack would have the electronics in it to identify it as an Bench Test Battery, and not have any ability to store power for flying just testing. Why am I saying this, well when Setting up missions or reviewing settings, or for any other reason you need the aircraft on while working on something. Save cycles on our normal flight batteries.
Whay are your thoughts? Think it would benifit you (your job/workflow)? Any downfalls you could think of? Thanks in advance....
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-25
Use props
Shervin Koushan
First Officer
Flight distance : 196037 ft

Interesting, only problem is the extra software work. You can't take of with power input like that
2019-9-27
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Captain
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

Yes that would be handy but I have had everything on and connected and its was on for over an hour with out using much battery.  I do not know how much juice it all uses just sitting with no motors running.
2019-10-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Bench test battery (power provided externally) which had builtin drone diagnostic capability, would be preferable.  
Being able to run diagnostics that DJI runs in their repair centers, by connecting Bench test battery would cut down on lost or damage drones, and lot of wasted time when drone issues crop-up from firmware updates.

Bench test battery could have simple LCD display.  Indicating current test running, progress, heartbeat, and results.  Passed, failed - which test and error code.  

Possibly have USB connector for up-linking failure information to DJI and for updating diagnostics.
2019-12-11
Use props
WRA!TH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12175 ft
Australia

This could definately be a help. Would be safer if it were equipped with a fan that runs (just a standard small pc fan) for keeping airflow to vital parts while it is on the bench. i had my mavic mini running for 10mins on my bench and it came up with an over temp warning for the video processor. i think you are certainly on to something here. would help alot
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules