Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 2 Gimbal Overload Error
2242 7 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyBoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10384 ft

My Mavic Pro 2 shows a Gimbal Overload Error mostly when I switch-on my drone. This error has been experienced since the drone was less than 3 months old but I could not get the necessary support/replacement because it is was imported from China and my local DJI Agents won't honor any warranty on it.

Ive tried all possible solutions from this forum viz, updated firmware, calibration etc but the issue still happens. The drone will be 1 year old in November.

I do understand that booking the drone for a technical assesment will be a better solution but Im hopeing that there are some EXPERTS here who could quickly identify this issue and the reason for this issue and possibly suggest a solution. There are so many DJI Mavic Pro 2 owners who have faced this exact issue yet there are no working solutions suggested.

Some who did face this issue where fortunate enough to have their Drones replaced by the DJI warrentee.

Please help!!!
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us AndyBoy. We're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by this error on your end. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, I will highly recommend you to contact our designated department to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. We will have our repair team who will perform a further evaluation on your drone and the corresponding resolution will be provided. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding and again we do apologize for the inconvenience.
2019-9-25
Use props
AndyBoy
lvl.1

Hi Gamora

Which region should I log a ticket under. As per my note above; I've imported the Drone from China and I reside in South Africa which is not supported in the logging system. Please advise urgently.
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyBoy Posted at 9-26 04:10
Hi Gamora

Which region should I log a ticket under. As per my note above; I've imported the Drone from China and I reside in South Africa which is not supported in the logging system. Please advise urgently.

Sorry for the late response. It is recommended to write to support@dji.com, the designated team will take care of it. As you mentioned the unit was purchased from China, if you referred to China Mainland, I sincerely suggest that you may check whether your Chinese friends can help you handle the warranty claim due to the non-global warranty policy. Sorry about that.
2019-9-28
Use props
AndyBoy
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 9-28 00:46
Sorry for the late response. It is recommended to write to , the designated team will take care of it. As you mentioned the unit was purchased from China, if you referred to China Mainland, I sincerely suggest that you may check whether your Chinese friends can help you handle the warranty claim due to the non-global warranty policy. Sorry about that.

Hi. I've given the description of the problem re: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal overload issue . What are the possible solutions - Do I need to look at replacing a cable, the entire camera, mountings etc. can you get your technical team to suggest. They must have seen a number of these problems already as many faces the same but no one is providing a solution
2019-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyBoy Posted at 10-8 00:38
Hi. I've given the description of the problem re: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal overload issue . What are the possible solutions - Do I need to look at replacing a cable, the entire camera, mountings etc. can you get your technical team to suggest. They must have seen a number of these problems already as many faces the same but no one is providing a solution

Just to verify, has the drone been involved with crash or hard landing before? If not, please kindly refer to the above to send the unit in as repair at your end may void the warranty, hope for your understanding.
2019-10-8
Use props
AndyBoy
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 10-8 02:40
Just to verify, has the drone been involved with crash or hard landing before? If not, please kindly refer to the above to send the unit in as repair at your end may void the warranty, hope for your understanding.

It seems you want me to book the Drone in but this can only be booked in at DJI in China right? The Courier cost alone to get the drone to you and back to me will cost too much.

My Warranty has no value in my country so I am willing to take the risk for a self repair if you send me the details.For the record, the Drone hasn't ever crashed nor was it in a hard landing.
2019-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndyBoy Posted at 10-9 04:42
It seems you want me to book the Drone in but this can only be booked in at DJI in China right? The Courier cost alone to get the drone to you and back to me will cost too much.

My Warranty has no value in my country so I am willing to take the risk for a self repair if you send me the details.For the record, the Drone hasn't ever crashed nor was it in a hard landing.

You can also contact the local recommended service centers for help: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers It might be paid service, please kindly understand.
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules