Firmware 01.010520
2465 18 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Bennett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 289770 ft

To whom it may concern:

I just purchased a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual within in the last 2 weeks.  I just received a firmware notification to update to Firmware 01.010520.  After a "successful" update notification, I shut down the hardware to "reboot" and “reconnect”.  On power up, the remote connected to the Mavic 2ED, my Crystal Sky was apparently was functioning correctly, etc.  I proceeded to reenter my custom settings – apparently the firmware update reset some but not all of my changes.  

When I proceeded to toggle through the Visible / Infrared (thermal) / and MSX settings I have discovered that my MSX setting is non-functional.  I have regular color only -- no thermal imagery with line overlays.  Additionally, I have a slider button for “Visible” / “Infrared” setting – no MSX selection.  I had program my remote to toggle through the display settings – I can toggle to MSX from the remote, but I cannot access MSX from the application itself.

It behaves that this part of the software has either been erased or committed out.

Please help…I was going to use it today (2019.09.25) and w/o the MSX, the thermal imagery is hard if not nearly impossible to use.

I can supply pictures if necessary...  

Thank for your attention in this matter
John Bennett

2019-9-25
Use props
rangemaster728
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72149 ft
  • >>>

Also...be advised...apparently the latest firmware contains an anti-rollback ‘feature’, so if you are having problems with this firmware you just lost your ability to revert to a previous version!

Not good...
2019-9-25
Use props
Zuccar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35148 ft

If you updated and are using the iOS app, I have bad news for
You.

From /thread-198164-1-1.html

“DO NOT update this firmware if you are using DJI Pilot app on iOS system, otherwise only the footage captured from the visual camera will be displayed in MSX mode. If you cannot use MSX mode after an update, please contact DJI support for help.“
2019-9-25
Use props
John Bennett
lvl.4

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your response.

Zuccar:  Fortunately (or unfortunately?), I updated from the Crystal Sky directly (android).  So everything seems to work except for the MSX imagery overlay and accessing this function from the app as opposed from the soft button settings on the remote.  It is my impression from the person who first responded (rangemaster728) that the firmware update cannot be rolled back in the DJ Assistance 2 software application.  I am on a university computer (university UAV) and our network administrator hasn't "unlocked" the software so I can use it my discretion.  I do not know yet if I can “roll” the software back to the version that I had when I purchased the M2ED.

Additionally, this update seems to change the software in the remote as well as the UAV (maybe, I am not sure of that statement)

I haven’t tested anything else due to my workload.  I hope that everything else does work correctly.  I just hope that DJI will generate a "point" revision that returns MSX usability soon.

I would like to hear from DJI on this, especially since this was a firmware update that was being displayed on the top of my Crystal Sky and apparently I cannot roll it back.
Thank you for your time and attention

JOHN TRACEY BENNETT – SIU / PSO Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Administrator
FAA Certified sUAS / UAV Operator (active)
Chief Engineering Draftsman
CAD Systems / Archive Systems Coordinator
PLANT & SERVICE OPERATIONS
MAIL CODE 6727
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
210 PHYSICAL PLANT DR
CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS 62901
2019-9-25
Use props
John Bennett
lvl.4

Good Morning!

The lack of response from DJI overnight (my time) has me a little worried.  Other people must have installed this firmware update by now.  Either I am the only one that has experienced this “glitch” or no one else has received/installed this firmware update.  The UAV is two weeks old, and I have only three true flights and a couple of “spin ups” on it.  It was my hope DJI would have reached out and acknowledged my difficulties by now.  It is a little disconcerting that I haven't had an “official” response.

I need gudence on how to proceed.
Thank You for your attention

MAIL CODE 6727
210 PHYSICAL PLANT DR

2019-9-26
Use props
Zuccar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35148 ft

Well, maybe you are in better luck than me.

So the release notes says "Optimized the MSX fusion settings for the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual so the fusion intensity can be adjusted on the DJI pilot app. (only supported for android system, DJI pilot app v1.5.0 is required)"

In your case I would check the version of the app in the Crystal Sky, it should be 1.5.0. If that is not the problem, then I would search for the new "MSX fusion intensity" setting, maybe is set too low by default.
2019-9-26
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>

When you click on the MSX button, a slider appears to control the intensity.
2019-9-26
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

Agree with Multicopter comment. I flew testing on the new firmware. In a nutshell, the new firmware allows the user to determine the amount of IR/thermal that is fed into the display. You can touch "Visible" or "IR" which provide either full visible video or full IR video. The slider that comes up allows you to change the amount of IR overlay shown on the display. The feature allows for fine-tuning how much of each image you see rather than the one-click MSX setting.

In use, once you see what it can do, I believe it is an improvement.

That being said, with release notes being minimal, it's "learn as you go".
2019-9-26
Use props
John Bennett
lvl.4

Wow!
I say again Wow!

Add a Homer Simpson “Doh"!  It never occurred to me that this is a “slider / intensity” control.  Definitely that one is on me.  I thought that you touch either "IR / Visible" and like a “lever” switch, it was a graphical representation of it being in IR or Visible Mode (which was odd to me).  The thought never had occurred to me that it is actually an intensity slider. Thank you all for pointing that out to me.  I did read the release notes, but it didn’t “click “with me.  I am very thankful the community reached out and gave me a “wake up and smell the coffee” answer !

I just wonder why DJI didn’t respond.  It wouldn’t have taken but a single reply that it was an intensity slider and not a graphical mode switch that would have saved me some aggravations.
I thank you all very much for your help!
Take Care
John T

MAIL CODE 6727
210 PHYSICAL PLANT DR
2019-9-26
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

John Bennett Posted at 9-26 14:05
Wow!
I say again Wow!

I just had the same thing happen to me.....
2019-9-27
Use props
Fursty 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1142864 ft

I cannot get my MSX to work.  Using IOS and have the newest firmware.  So, what is the fix for this?
2019-10-6
Use props
BobB
Second Officer

Fursty 1 Posted at 10-6 10:31
I cannot get my MSX to work.  Using IOS and have the newest firmware.  So, what is the fix for this?

Read post #3 there you will find your answer.
2019-10-6
Use props
resQdrone
New

So as some who brought their drone (last week) after the lastest Firmware update (2019.09.25), using IOS means that I cannot use the MSX function?
2019-10-12
Use props
BobB
Second Officer

resQdrone Posted at 10-12 23:41
So as some who brought their drone (last week) after the lastest Firmware update (2019.09.25), using IOS means that I cannot use the MSX function?

Can't you iOS users use the DJI Pilot app until they fix the DJI Go 4 app? or is it complete $h1T too?
2019-10-13
Use props
KAL271
New

Yes, I read the above threads....

Recently I updated the firmware to our Mavic 2ED utilizing the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.  New firmware was installed and the unit was restarted.  The version was upgraded to 01.01.0520 from its original firmware.

Immediately it was noticed that there is no video being transmitted displayed on the iOS DJI Pilot app.  The controller has connect and motors operate when bench tested.  It appears that the collision sensors are reading to the APP and so does the IR temp meter.  But no MSX, IR or video are displayed on the iOS device (iPhone 7)  13.1.2.

App Version is v1.1.1(439)
Remote Controler 01.00.0300
Camera 00.06.00.10

Has anyone found a solution as of yet?

Do I need to upgrade the controller?  Can I go back to an earlier version of firmware on the Mavic 2ED?  How?

Respectfully grounded,

A/C Erik Kalapir

"C" Platoon Commander

Fairfield (CT) Fire Department

Fairfield County Hazardous Incident Response Team

Cell 203.414.0003

IMG_0401.JPG
2019-10-15
Use props
BobB
Second Officer

KAL271 Posted at 10-15 10:54
Yes, I read the above threads....
Recently I updated the firmware to our Mavic 2ED utilizing the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.  New firmware was installed and the unit was restarted.  The version was upgraded to 01.01.0520 from its original firmware.     Immediately it was noticed that there is no video being transmitted displayed on the iOS DJI Pilot app.  The controller has connect and motors operate when bench tested.  It appears that the collision sensors are reading to the APP and so does the IR temp meter.  But no MSX, IR or video are displayed on the iOS device (iPhone 7)  13.1.2.
App Version is v1.1.1(439)Remote Controler 01.00.0300Camera 00.06.00.10     Has anyone found a solution as of yet?

You're in Opti mode and you're only locked in on 9 sats....what errors are showing? Have you moved to a different spot to see? Showing compass have you calibrated the compass?
2019-10-16
Use props
fans66952088
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163750 ft

succeeded??
2019-10-16
Use props
fans66952088
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163750 ft

BobB Posted at 10-13 01:21
Can't you iOS users use the DJI Pilot app until they fix the DJI Go 4 app? or is it complete $h1T too?

and with android?
2019-10-16
Use props
BobB
Second Officer

Android shouldn't be a problem.
2019-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules