Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 and iPhone 11 Pro not compatible, VISIBLE MOTOR!
28437 19 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>

The OSMO Mobile 3 and iPhone 11 Pro are not properly compatible without a counterweight (the larger iPhone 11 Pro Max does work properly).

If you place the iPhone 11 Pro properly balanced on the Mobile 3 the ultra wide lens shows the edge of the motor in the frame. It grows worse if you place a case on the phone such as the Apple silicone case which moves the balance point enough to show even more of the motor in the ultra wide angle view. You can place the iPhone 11 Pro in an unbalanced position that hides the motor in the ultra wide view and the Osmo Mobile 3 seems to still be able to handle the phone but I'm not sure if you will overheat the motor or if it will appear unstable, I haven't done significant testing. Again, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is not affected by this issue because it's greater length places the ultra wide lens further from the motor arm of the Osmo Mobile 3 leaving it out of the frame.

I believe this will be easily solved with just a tiny bit of counterweight screwed into the counterweight hole on the Osmo Mobile 3 but as of today I don't see that sold by DJI or 3rd part alternatives. I'll have to see if I can find some 3mm 0.5 screws or something... I'm not surprised but a bit disappointed but this should be fixable with a proper weight.

2019-9-25
Use props
Parappaboy
lvl.1

Hi can someone from the admin team shed some light on this? I own an iphone 11 pro and would much like to get my hands on the OSMO Mobile 3.However, I am rather concern by this. Is there any to balance the phone and yet use ultra wide lens effectively?
2019-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Would something like this work - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-i ... :g:5awAAOSw-kdXx6YC
2019-9-26
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>

I have the iPhone 11 pro. I tried tonight using the phone in the OM3 and balancing it properly. My phone is in the Apple Leather case.

There is a very slight part of the motor in shot on the right hand side when using the ultra wide lens.

However if I move the phone 3 or 4mm to the left then the motor goes but the OM3 does still appear to be balanced. The camera does not fall to one side both in portrait or landscape. Unless I’m missing something I don’t think it’s an issue?  the amount I moved the phone to clear the gimbal was no way enough to cause me to worry about the motors burning out.
2019-9-28
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>

Satureyes Posted at 9-28 14:35
I have the iPhone 11 pro. I tried tonight using the phone in the OM3 and balancing it properly. My phone is in the Apple Leather case.

There is a very slight part of the motor in shot on the right hand side when using the ultra wide lens.

Correction.  You can see the motor as soon as you move from vertical. Never realised this the other day but when you’re in flashlight mode etc it does show.
2019-9-29
Use props
Parappaboy
lvl.1

Satureyes Posted at 9-29 13:02
Correction.  You can see the motor as soon as you move from vertical. Never realised this the other day but when you’re in flashlight mode etc it does show.

So are you able to solve the ultra wide angle issue with your iphone 11 pro and osmo mobile 3?
2019-9-30
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>

Parappaboy Posted at 9-30 18:02
So are you able to solve the ultra wide angle issue with your iphone 11 pro and osmo mobile 3?

Well the only way is to not move the gimbal much - or place it off balance.
2019-10-4
Use props
Kantcpelwurds
New

I just got my mobile 3 and have been using the wide-angle lens through the Camera app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and have zero issues with the gimbal showing using the ultra-wide angle lens.  I did have to take my phone out of its case in order to get the balance right though...sounds like the case for an upgrade
2019-10-5
Use props
HuHeHoo
lvl.1

Kantcpelwurds Posted at 10-5 08:14
I just got my mobile 3 and have been using the wide-angle lens through the Camera app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and have zero issues with the gimbal showing using the ultra-wide angle lens.  I did have to take my phone out of its case in order to get the balance right though...sounds like the case for an upgrade

This thread is talking about the iPhone 11 Pro and not about the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
2019-10-6
Use props
HuHeHoo
lvl.1

Can somebody confirm that the osmo mobile 3 is working properly with the Iphone 11 pro?
2019-10-7
Use props
Daze513
lvl.1

Any word from DJI regarding a proper counterweight attachment? I’d hate to have to go a diy method. If they can provide weights I’ll buy from them. On my iPhone 11 pro the motor is visible when properly balanced.
2019-10-8
Use props
djiuser_OnGcH6R1LElG
New

Satureyes Posted at 9-29 13:02

Hi, what do you mean by move out of vertical ? I just bought the om3 from the apple store , Its on its way... I'm really disappointed. Is the issue only with the very wide angle lens ?
2019-10-9
Use props
BKester
New

Kantcpelwurds Posted at 10-5 08:14
I just got my mobile 3 and have been using the wide-angle lens through the Camera app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and have zero issues with the gimbal showing using the ultra-wide angle lens.  I did have to take my phone out of its case in order to get the balance right though...sounds like the case for an upgrade

Found the same issue with my aftermarket (thicker than silicone) case.  I have to remove it to use the Osmo.
2019-10-16
Use props
ddcoons
New

United States

This seems to dispute what is stated above:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ciqfihdkvc
2019-11-10
Use props
djiuser_xMk6bck53iLA
New
New Zealand

Hi
I have currently purchased the Osmo 3 for my iphone 11. I have balanced it in both planes without a counterweight and without a case, was successful on my 2nd try. Though it will cover part of the lower volume key and the power key.  I have not tried using the wide angle lens. However, is it normal for the phone to feel slightly hot after a few minutes of using it? Are there any cases that can at least protect my phone while it is on the gimbal?? I Am starting to worry a bit, I am a beginner and will appreciate any response. Cheers
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_xMk6bck53iLA
New
New Zealand

Hi
I have currently purchased the Osmo 3 for my iphone 11. I have balanced it in both planes without a counterweight and without a case, was successful on my 2nd try. Though it will cover part of the lower volume key and the power key.  I have not tried using the wide angle lens. However, is it normal for the phone to feel slightly hot after a few minutes of using it? Also are there any compatible cases while having the phone on the gimbal??I Am starting to worry a bit, I am a beginner and will appreciate any response. Cheers
2019-12-8
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Daze513 Posted at 10-8 14:07
Any word from DJI regarding a proper counterweight attachment? I’d hate to have to go a diy method. If they can provide weights I’ll buy from them. On my iPhone 11 pro the motor is visible when properly balanced.

https://www.amazon.com/ULANZI-Co ... ps%2C220&sr=8-3
2019-12-11
Use props
Norse Boy
lvl.1
Canada

I currently have the Skin + Case from Uniqfind and don't have any issues. Their case is very light and minimal yet has a lip for protection for the front.
https://www.uniqfind.com/collections/iphone-skins
2019-12-18
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 2019-12-11 08:10
https://www.amazon.com/ULANZI-Counterweight-Weights-Smartphone-Videography/dp/B07Z3VLYRX/ref=sr_1_3?crid=29KHU96QH1Z53&keywords=ulanzi+counterweight&qid=1576080581&sprefix=ulanzi+coun%2Caps%2C220&sr=8-3

This is the solution (sorry for replying to an old thread). I discovered this by having an accessory (lightning port lavalier mic receiver) plugged in which allowed me to shift the phone to the left and out of the way.
2020-1-11
Use props
Sienko
New
United States

Kantcpelwurds Posted at 2019-10-5 08:14
I just got my mobile 3 and have been using the wide-angle lens through the Camera app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and have zero issues with the gimbal showing using the ultra-wide angle lens.  I did have to take my phone out of its case in order to get the balance right though...sounds like the case for an upgrade

Hello, Are you you still using the native ultra wide angle from the phone camera or from the mimo app? I have heard the osmo does not support the wide angle on the 11, but there may be a possible upgrade.  I am considering purchasing the max pro but I want to be sure the app supports the wide angle mode 1st. Thanks so much!
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules