Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual MSX
9035 38 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thomas MAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459400 ft

As I activate my new Drone, I am becoming familiar with the functions.  All the tutorials tell me that when I select the camera choice of MSX, I should get a combination of IR and visual camera.  When I choose MSX, I only get visual camera, and no IR.  I can find no settings to help me reset or change any options so that the MSX provides the intended IR with object lines from the visual camera.  If anyone has guidance that assist me, that would be appreciated.

Tom
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tom, the MSX fusion settings can be adjusted via the DJI Pilot APP on V01.01.0520, but please note it only supports for Android system, and DJI Pilot APP v1.5.0 is required. What mobile device are you using and are you running the latest firmware and DJI Pilot APP v1.5.0?
2019-9-25
Use props
fansf85da8f8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2524091 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-25 21:04
Hi Tom, the MSX fusion settings can be adjusted via the DJI Pilot APP on V01.01.0520, but please note it only supports for Android system, and DJI Pilot APP v1.5.0 is required. What mobile device are you using and are you running the latest firmware and DJI Pilot APP v1.5.0?

Hi, I use an Ipad to run my dji pilot app and had MSX before the upgrade, was it removed? If so, why?
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf85da8f8 Posted at 9-26 11:36
Hi, I use an Ipad to run my dji pilot app and had MSX before the upgrade, was it removed? If so, why?

Mavic 2 Enterprise's iOS Pilot only displays visible camera after upgrading the firmware. The new firmware sets the default MSX fusion to 0%. Please use Android DJI Pilot 1.5 to adjust the MSX fusion, and then use the iOS version of DJI Pilot, the MSX fusion will remain the same. Sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.
2019-9-27
Use props
Camco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24524 ft

What do you do if you don't have any Android devices?
2019-9-30
Use props
Camco
lvl.1

When will iOS be fixed to control this?
2019-10-1
Use props
Mc1370
lvl.1

Mavic 2 Dual. Since last firmware upgrade it no longer takes a visual and thermal pic at the same time. MSX only works in visual mode. It does take 2 photos with each shutter click, one is high quality and one low quality. It will take thermal photo in thermal mode but it is low quality (250Mb vs. 5Mb).

System: Mavic 2 dual, Ipad mini 4 running DJI Pilot
2019-10-2
Use props
Camco
lvl.1

Mc1370 Posted at 10-2 07:10
Mavic 2 Dual. Since last firmware upgrade it no longer takes a visual and thermal pic at the same time. MSX only works in visual mode. It does take 2 photos with each shutter click, one is high quality and one low quality. It will take thermal photo in thermal mode but it is low quality (250Mb vs. 5Mb).

System: Mavic 2 dual, Ipad mini 4 running DJI Pilot

Why would DJI do that?
2019-10-2
Use props
fans3716704d
lvl.1
United States

Mindy, this isn't an acceptable solution.  Like many others, I do not have an android device to switch to, unless DJI is going to compensate us for taking away a feature we once had.  There has to be a better solution.  I use my Enterprise Dual with our sheriff's search and rescue team, people's lives have been saved with this drone, now I lost a huge feature.  Please give us a real solution....
2019-10-24
Use props
Juh-Rawn Napier
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-27 04:31
Mavic 2 Enterprise's iOS Pilot only displays visible camera after upgrading the firmware. The new firmware sets the default MSX fusion to 0%. Please use Android DJI Pilot 1.5 to adjust the MSX fusion, and then use the iOS version of DJI Pilot, the MSX fusion will remain the same. Sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.

Mindy, I just inbox my new Mavic 2 Dual today, MSX worked fine until I downloaded the latest update then it quit.  I am using the DJI Smart Controller.  I cannot find anything to adjust the MSX Fusion, can you please assist?  Thanks
2019-10-26
Use props
jvhooser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 491155 ft
United States

I purchased the M2ED a few weeks ago, and have been less than impressed overall.  I have installed all firmware updates.  However I really tried to use and understand the MSX the past couple of days.  I fly using an ipad mini 4, and the MSX looks like the Vision with no IR fusion at all.  

Then I found this post, and as I understand it, there is no way to adjust the MSX Fusion using an IOS device.  

DJI is selling a drone with FLIR, that does not collect FLIR data that can be analyzed by off the shelf FLIR software.  This is pretty bad, but it is worse that they don't support MSX in their IOS software and MSX is the highlight if the IR on this device.

DJI, when will you have an update available for IOS that is fully functional on the M2ED and allows control of MSX fusion or blending on an IOS device as you have advertised?
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3716704d Posted at 10-24 17:29
Mindy, this isn't an acceptable solution.  Like many others, I do not have an android device to switch to, unless DJI is going to compensate us for taking away a feature we once had.  There has to be a better solution.  I use my Enterprise Dual with our sheriff's search and rescue team, people's lives have been saved with this drone, now I lost a huge feature.  Please give us a real solution....

Hi there, we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused, I have PMed you a temporary solution, please check, and this issue will be fixed by the firmware released in the future.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jvhooser Posted at 10-27 09:40
I purchased the M2ED a few weeks ago, and have been less than impressed overall.  I have installed all firmware updates.  However I really tried to use and understand the MSX the past couple of days.  I fly using an ipad mini 4, and the MSX looks like the Vision with no IR fusion at all.  

Then I found this post, and as I understand it, there is no way to adjust the MSX Fusion using an IOS device.  

Hi jvhooser, we have been aware of this and will get it optimized by the firmware released in the future.
At the moment, it is recommended to use the DJI Pilot for Android V1.5.0 to perform related operations.
Or you can connect the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual to DJI Pilot for Android V1.5.0, and then adjust the MSX ratio as required. Next, use DJI Pilot for iOS with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, and the MSX mode can be used with the MSX ratio just set.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Camco Posted at 10-1 01:20
When will iOS be fixed to control this?

Hi Camco, this issue will be fixed by the firmware released in the future.
If you don't have the Android device, please check my PM about another workaround.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Juh-Rawn Napier Posted at 10-26 13:56
Mindy, I just inbox my new Mavic 2 Dual today, MSX worked fine until I downloaded the latest update then it quit.  I am using the DJI Smart Controller.  I cannot find anything to adjust the MSX Fusion, can you please assist?  Thanks

Hi Juh-Rawn Napier, what is the firmware version of your Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and the DJI Pilot version?
2019-10-27
Use props
jvhooser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-27 22:48
Hi jvhooser, we have been aware of this and will get it optimized by the firmware released in the future.
At the moment, it is recommended to use the DJI Pilot for Android V1.5.0 to perform related operations.
Or you can connect the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual to DJI Pilot for Android V1.5.0, and then adjust the MSX ratio as required. Next, use DJI Pilot for iOS with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, and the MSX mode can be used with the MSX ratio just set.

DJI Mindy, as I said in my original post, I am an IOS user and do not have an Android.  Is it possible to return my defective M2ED to a previous firmware version?  
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jvhooser Posted at 10-28 04:24
DJI Mindy, as I said in my original post, I am an IOS user and do not have an Android.  Is it possible to return my defective M2ED to a previous firmware version?

I have PM you another workaround, please check, thanks.
2019-10-30
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
Second Officer
United States

Can you just post the workaround for other users that are having the same issue?
2019-10-30
Use props
jvhooser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-30 04:47

Mindy, I received the workaround, but the firmware version mentioned in the message does not show up on Assistant 2 for Mavic.  The only firmware showing as available is v01.01.0520, which is the problem.
2019-11-1
Use props
fans3b5501b6
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-25 21:04
Hi Tom, the MSX fusion settings can be adjusted via the DJI Pilot APP on V01.01.0520, but please note it only supports for Android system, and DJI Pilot APP v1.5.0 is required. What mobile device are you using and are you running the latest firmware and DJI Pilot APP v1.5.0?

I realize that this problem/solution is probably out of your hands.  Please let us know once the firmware update is available.

Thank you,

Oscar
2019-11-1
Use props
jvhooser
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-30 04:47

I followed the instructions below and do not see any other firmware than V01.01.0520, and this is the version that made the ipad and M2ED not work for MSX.  

. Download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. b. Use the below account to log in. Account: fw400700@gmail.com Password: jack1617151 c. Connect the aircraft for a firmware update, and update the firmware to V01.01.0521.

Any other ideas on how to fix, or where to find the later firmware version you mentioned?
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jvhooser Posted at 11-2 21:21
I followed the instructions below and do not see any other firmware than V01.01.0520, and this is the version that made the ipad and M2ED not work for MSX.  

. Download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. b. Use the below account to log in. Account:  Password: jack1617151 c. Connect the aircraft for a firmware update, and update the firmware to V01.01.0521.

Firstly, please make sure you downloaded the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic V2.0.10.
Make sure the account and password are correct.
Then please ensure all the data authorizations have been enabled. DJI assistant 2 for Mavic.png
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3b5501b6 Posted at 11-1 12:59
I realize that this problem/solution is probably out of your hands.  Please let us know once the firmware update is available.

Thank you,

Sure, I will keep you updated.
2019-11-4
Use props
fansf1d72bdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15886 ft
Canada

Juh-Rawn Napier Posted at 10-26 13:56

I also have the same problem
2019-11-4
Use props
fansf1d72bdb
lvl.1
Canada

fansf85da8f8 Posted at 9-26 11:36

I have the same issue with the Smart Controller - is there a fix for this?
2019-11-5
Use props
fansf1d72bdb
lvl.1
Canada

fans3716704d Posted at 10-24 17:29
Mindy, this isn't an acceptable solution.  Like many others, I do not have an android device to switch to, unless DJI is going to compensate us for taking away a feature we once had.  There has to be a better solution.  I use my Enterprise Dual with our sheriff's search and rescue team, people's lives have been saved with this drone, now I lost a huge feature.  Please give us a real solution....

I have the same issue and it is with the smart controller.  This really needs to be fixed.
2019-11-5
Use props
OHTA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 517037 ft
Japan

スマート送信機からならMSX使えますが、IOSでも使えるようにしてほしいです。
2019-11-21
Use props
fanse4fbae64
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansf1d72bdb Posted at 11-5 11:52
I have the same issue and it is with the smart controller.  This really needs to be fixed.

Hello, did you ever get a response or a solution to this issue?  I’ve got the same problem (M2E Dual with Smart Controller)
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, DJI Pilot for IOS V1.1.2 has been released which optimized the MSX function for Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual to support to adjust MSX level, aircraft firmware version 01.01.0520 is required.
Please make sure the aircraft firmware version and the DJI Pilot version are matched.
2019-11-24
Use props
TCC/WEI
lvl.1
United States

I have two M2E Dual with Smart Controller and both have issue with the MSX. Worked the first day but then did update and all of a sudden it doesnt work. Smart Controller ver 01.00.0590 saying this is the latest version DJI Pilot ver v1.4.0. Aircraft version ver 01.01.0520

Are there any fixes / instructions on this?
2019-12-16
Use props
TCC/WEI
lvl.1
United States

***UPDATE*** Connected to DJI Assistant 2 and it has two versions to downgrade to. Will this fix it? Are there bugs in latest version.
2019-12-16
Use props
fansf988c281
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15296171 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-27 22:51
Hi Camco, this issue will be fixed by the firmware released in the future.
If you don't have the Android device, please check my PM about another workaround.

Please pm me the work around solution to the M2ED MSX IOS problem
2019-12-20
Use props
gnomopolo
New

Spain

Hello, I have recently buy 2 Enterprise dual (1st of March) and they both were working fine until the new firmware update came through and now BOTH units, every time I fix the gimbal to a certain angle and move forward or backwards, the camera moves several degrees up for no reason!! Its also very disappointing to find out that when you buy them no further thermal analysis from the images can be done via FLIR Tools as the option to save images as RJPGE (radiometric) isn't available for this model. Honestly what a waste of money, taking into account that there are other brands and models in the market which do offer this possibility...
2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_YcjOtAy5Rffh
lvl.1

United States

I have just the opposite, I cannot switch out of MSX mode.  Makes great visual movies, just not no great trying to fly the drone.
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_YcjOtAy5Rffh
lvl.1

United States

TCC/WEI Posted at 2019-12-16 12:26
I have two M2E Dual with Smart Controller and both have issue with the MSX. Worked the first day but then did update and all of a sudden it doesnt work. Smart Controller ver 01.00.0590 saying this is the latest version DJI Pilot ver v1.4.0. Aircraft version ver 01.01.0520

Did this ever get fixed?
2020-7-26
Use props
Mavic2 ent

Canada

M2ED best works with Android. If you use ios, you will miss many options such as MSX or survey mission. Try DJI Pilot on an Android and you will find out the difference.
2020-10-22
Use props
Ko Soe
lvl.1

Myanmar

My M2ED stuck at MSX mode. Cannot change to Visible mode or IR mode. Version is V01.00.0000. It cannot update with phone or laptop. I have try to update with my own DJI account. Any idea? Please help
6C81ABF3-579C-4C84-A765-5304A83CDB8D.jpeg
2023-1-11
Use props
Ko Soe
lvl.1

Myanmar

djiuser_YcjOtAy5Rffh Posted at 2020-7-26 03:44
I have just the opposite, I cannot switch out of MSX mode.  Makes great visual movies, just not no great trying to fly the drone.

Same problem here. How did you fixed that?
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ko Soe Posted at 1-11 08:48
Same problem here. How did you fixed that?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know did you try the solution DJI Mindy said above? At #32
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules