Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is my Mac just too old?
1310 6 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stratblue

Hi.

I have been filming some footage with the Mavic 2 Zoom but when I view it on the 10.8.3 Hackintosh that I use for music the video is really bad, green distortion, glitchy and sometimes just freezes. On my much less powerful Macbook Pro 10.14.6 it runs perfectly. The Hackintosh is plenty powerful enough to run loads of audio plugins etc in Cubase and Live, is it possible to get the video to run more smoothly? I have tried VLC on both comps and updated them both to the most modern that is compatible. I have a Garmin Virb cam and the video from this runs fine at the maximum file size.
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're glad that you've managed to isolate the problem with regard to this matter. It might be that the Hackinstosh can't support the video format that you've used. Thank you for your support.
2019-9-25
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft

No matter what computer you use, always copy the file from the card to the hard drive. This is the fastest way a computer can read the data. Also, video players on the computer can vary in performance. At one time, VLC was better than the Win 10 player. Recent updates have reversed that. Same computer... Experiment!
2019-9-26
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

I guess the word Hackintosh  answers it all...
2019-9-30
Use props
Stratblue

AlansDronePics Posted at 9-26 01:39
No matter what computer you use, always copy the file from the card to the hard drive. This is the fastest way a computer can read the data. Also, video players on the computer can vary in performance. At one time, VLC was better than the Win 10 player. Recent updates have reversed that. Same computer... Experiment!

Hi there.

I have copied all files to the HD.
2019-10-3
Use props
Stratblue

ro_flyer Posted at 9-30 08:48
I guess the word Hackintosh  answers it all...

Hi there.

It plays all video from all the other sources perfectly, plus runs a load of plug ins and a ton of audio tracks so this would suggest that it is something to do with the format of the video maybe? Stuff I don't understand, hence the question.

2019-10-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft

The fact it plays other videos may not be much of a clue.
I am sure you know that just as still images have resolution, videos have bitrates and resolution.
A 4k video with a low bitrate (not frame rate) may play smoothly on a slow device (even though it might not be able to display 4k because it down scales) but raise the bitrate and it may stutter.
Also, some software players like VLC  and the thing Apple use, may not play well, because, as you mentioned, compatibility of Codec.
When you investigate, try and compare like for like so the variables are eliminated.
Good luck.
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules