Dealing with Stress Cracks
939 2 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>

I’m now on my 4th Phantom 4 body after retiring 3 others due to stress cracks around the motor mounts and various other places on the arms... I’m really wondering if there is any good way to avoid these cracks or prolong them from happening. I do fly quite a bit, but I take good care of my drones and don’t usually stress them too much.

I saw this video a while back from Johnny FPV showing how he “soft mounts” his motors on his racing quads and I was wondering if it might help to do something similar with a Phantom 4.

https://yogutu.be/Ybx4oVB2Vvg

This is based purely on my assumption that these cracks are created over time by the vibration of the motors, so the aim would be to reduce the vibrations that reverberate into the arms and body of the drone. I’m also wondering if having a skin on the drone could help disperse the vibrations a bit more. I’ve been looking at the PNY PVC skin that Dji sold directly through their website a while back.

Honestly I’m just looking to get as much feedback as possible from other Phantom 4 owners that have dealt with this problem and what they’ve done about it aside from sending their drone back to Dji. I just bought a new body off eBay, so I’m not worried about voiding any kind of warranty by making modifications if it will help my drone last longer.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide good feedback.
D840390D-986B-43B1-B9DF-BEBE39CD2E58.jpeg
2019-9-25
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>

Sorry if that link doesn’t work... let’s try this one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybx4oVB2Vvg
2019-9-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for sharing this idea of yours for us to avoid stress cracks. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules