Ronin SC micro jitters
6314 7 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerard_C
lvl.1

Hi guys,

I just bought a Ronin SC couple weeks ago and noticed that there's micro jitters when panning up/down, left/right(flashlight mode) and too much shake while doing the ninja walk.
I have a Sony A6000 and sigma 30mm f1.4.
It's  perfectly balanced, and have the motors auto tuned. Firmware is also up to date. I can't feel any vibrations on the handle. I tried panning up and down as slow as I could while sitting down but still got those jitters.
It's running smoothly when panning left to right only when I have the gimbal straight up.

Is there any way I could fix it?
2019-9-25
Use props
Gerard_C
lvl.1

here's the link of the clips I took
2019-9-26
Use props
RTuomey
lvl.1

I'm having the same issues. Wish I wouldn't have sold my Crane 2
2019-10-16
Use props
RTuomey
lvl.1

Gerard_C Posted at 9-26 02:53
here's the link of the clips I took https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dakIVlFMbI

Did you ever solve this problem?
2019-10-16
Use props
jeffyen
lvl.2
Singapore

To OP, is there an 'autostabilization' setting you could switch off either on the camera or the lens?
2019-10-27
Use props
samisami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223602 ft
Finland

I have same problem with my Ronin SC, using Sony a7iii and batis 25 lens. No autostabilization used.
OP you got it figured out?
2019-11-30
Use props
samisami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223602 ft
Finland

Here's the video, you can notice plenty of vibration at the end when trying to keep it steady
2019-11-30
Use props
fans079c1359
lvl.1
Germany

samisami Posted at 2019-11-30 05:19
Here's the video, you can notice plenty of vibration at the end when trying to keep it steadyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9imZJDGC4M

I have the Ronin SC and I believe there is a mechanical problem. The arms are too weak. Try setting up the camera, balance it and turn the Stab on. Then give the camera a very slight tap on its top. And you will see the whole thing vibrate vertically because the arms are flexing. This is independent of the weight. I have a SONY A 7 III and used everything from a lightweight manual 28 mm lens to the Sirui 50 mm Anamorphic. They all shake, and the in built stabilization of the camera does not smooth this out.
If you balance the camera perfectly and do the auto tune I believe that indeed the stiffness settings will come out too low. Sometimes there is a small shake even when the whole thing sits perfectly still on a table.
At the moment I am helping myself by stabilizing the footage in RESOLVE but this cannot be a solution!

Pretty mad that they cannot make arms that will not flex. Add to this the problem that with longer lenses there is not enough clearance for the camera to pass the rear motor...back to the drawing board! I think this is very disappointing since the other Dji products I use work so well.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules