Smart Controller Beta Firmware - 3 months on...
1035 5 2019-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

Is the Smart Controller firmware upgrade likely to be released within the device's lifetime?Has it been abandoned? That's increasingly the perception.

Furthermore will the Smart Controller ever have the ability to auto-update its custom version of the GO4 app?
It's been promised but will it ever see the light of day?

If the moderators wish to respond, facts please, not the usual scripted replies.

2019-9-25
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>

Noticed no news ,announcements or answers on different forums from dji. No feedback regarding update smartcontroller, no feedback what is happening regarding this beta. Also in events there was somekind of competition that also has been bled to death. Very strange it looks like dji starts something and never finish it off somehow. Also for example the issues regarding updates crystal sky.
2019-9-25
Use props
fans41f3800c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>

The usual empty promise.  A classic Dji strategy. Been doing it so long you can read them like a book now  
2019-9-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

Just curious, but what feature are you currently missing that the newer versions provide?
2019-9-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

They've released Activetrack 3.0 support for Ronin-S.

I just hope they are perfecting the way the frequency switching works.  The blackouts I get compared to the standard is way worse.
2019-9-26
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 9-26 05:18
Just curious, but what feature are you currently missing that the newer versions provide?

I have had 3 swollen M2 batteries which had to be replaced and the new M2 aircraft firmware upgrade has 2 features for better battery management - discharge maintenance and connectivity.

These features require the latest GO4 app v4.3.24 which the Smart Controller cannot auto-update to because, incredibly, this function is disabled / missing. I'm presuming this will be fixed in the new SC firmware...

(I know there are GO4 update work-arounds but I prefer to update using the official procedure)
2019-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules