ActiveTrack and Force Mobile released for Ronin-S
6446 18 2019-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>

We receive requests for new functionality every day from our dedicated customers and we need to sift through those requests to implement what we believe appeases to the mass market. We value every user's feedback and take requests seriously.

After launching the Ronin-S, we re-evaluated our control algorithms to see what else can be done to improve stability. After a year of rigorous work, we came up with a new set of algorithms that have improved upon the previous version and implemented them into the newly launched Ronin-SC.

DJI is known to be constantly be improving and we're never self-satisfied. That's in the DJI work ethics and engrained in everyone's' minds day in and day out.

It's always been on the development roadmap but we couldn't promise anything until we were finished. Today we're proud to announce the new control algorithms for improved stabilization for Ronin-S.

With these new control algorithms, we can safely add ActiveTrack 3.0 to the Ronin-S. This takes into account all the camera and lens combinations on the compatibility list which includes mounting a mobile phone to the top of your camera and being able to pass the Auto Tune procedure.

With this new update, we've also implemented Force Mobile for Ronin-S. It works on both iOS and Android devices (see the phone comparability list).

Along with these major updates, there are many other improvements and features. As for the Ronin-SC, we've added and optimized some functions as well such as "Portrait Mode" and Android Force Mobile compatibility. Please see the release notes for all the details. It's been a while and thanks for your continued support.

Release Notes:

Date: 2019.09.26
Firmware: V2.0.0.90
Ronin App iOS: v1.2.4
Ronin App Android: v1.2.4
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.2
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2

· Added ActiveTrack 3.0 (requires Ronin app v1.2.4 or later).
· Added Force Mobile (requires Ronin app v1.2.4 or later).
· Added quick switch to 3D Roll 360 mode. Press M button three times to enter, and press three times again to exit.
· Added Auto 3D Roll 360. When the gimbal is in 3D Roll 360 mode, push the joystick left or right twice to enable Auto 3D Roll 360. The gimbal rotates continuously without needing to hold the joystick. Press the trigger twice to stop Auto 3D Roll 360.
· Optimized 3D Roll 360.
· Added Track mode settings for Command Unit.
· Optimized follow experience in Flashlight mode.
· Optimized the Profile LED display by changing the pulsing frequency when gimbal in sleep mode, and the LED will become red to indicate low battery warning when battery level is less than 20%.
· Sleep mode can be enabled by pressing once or twice of the gimbal power button.
· Optimized zoom adjustment when using Sony cameras’ multi-port with Power Zoom lens, The zoom speed can be set from 1 to 100 (requires DJI Ronin v1.2.4 app or later).
· Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7RIV cameras with supported E-mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-C). To use autofocus on the A7RIV, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
· Added photo capture, video recording, zoom, and focus pull support for Sony A7R4 cameras using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi USB). To use autofocus on the A7R4, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
· Fixed other minor bugs.

2019-9-26
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>

2019-9-26
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>

2019-9-26
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>

ActiveTrack 3.0 Phone Compatibility List

Force Mobile Phone Compatibility List

Theses lists show phones that we've tested with. If your phone isn't on this list, it may still work but we haven't thoroughly tested it.
2019-9-26
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2

Hi DJI Paul,
thanks a lot for sharing this strong update.

What about extended compatibility for Fuji cameras owners? Could we also expect to have access and use the RSS Cable available for Ronin SC to use start/stop video recording as for them?

Thanks in advance for your time and support
Marco
2019-9-26
Use props
Apple_Alex
New
Flight distance : 306444 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Paul Posted at 9-26 01:54
ActiveTrack 3.0 Phone Compatibility List

Force Mobile Phone Compatibility List

Hi DJI-Paul,

Is there an updated camera support list?

Also do you plan to support the FUJIFILM X-H1 on the Ronin S as I know it is supported on the Ronin-SC?

Thanks
2019-9-26
Use props
MartiTeam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 530636 ft

When iOS app on version 1.2.4 will be published on App Store ?
2019-9-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Do you have to adjust the weight balance position when you add the camera on?

I don't think you did which is why it didn't look smooth.

I will do my own testing when the DJI hotshoe mount comes.
2019-9-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>

Both active track and force mobile work perfectly on a7iii top job DJI
2019-9-28
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3

is there anyway to invert the pan axis for force mobile? It's kinda wonky the way it comes, it always does reacts the opposite of what I would think it should do.
2019-9-28
Use props
Yveske D
Second Officer

Does anyone know if it would be possible to mount a small lightweight external camera for active tracking instead of a large and heavy smartphone ?
Example of external camera for android: or
2019-9-29
Use props
Alex s.o.b.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387470 ft
  • >>>

i got the same idea last days^^.
but this device should be based on android/ ios. and the ronin-app should support this device too.
maybe dji release their own small camera
2019-9-29
Use props
Yveske D
Second Officer

Alex, great minds think alike !

I would however like to dismantle an inexpensive camera and 3D print a small mount for it, because although very good, DJI stuff tends to be pricy.
A small module and mount would allow me to use underslung mode and would also prevent the wind from turning my set-up into a weather station/wind vane.
2019-9-30
Use props
Alex s.o.b.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387470 ft
  • >>>

Yveske D Posted at 9-30 02:38
Alex, great minds think alike !

I would however like to dismantle an inexpensive camera and 3D print a small mount for it, because although very good, DJI stuff tends to be pricy.

Yeah very good points.
+ ronin s gets too topheavy with every smartphone. a perfect balancing isnt possible i think.
(not tested yet, i get my hotshoeadapter today evening)
using the built-in tracking function from the camera itself (if available) would be the smartest way.
tracking information from the camera -->mcc--> to the ronin-s.
but lets keep realistic, it will never happens (different camerasoftware etc.)

ill hope for a another smart option like yours

2019-9-30
Use props
Yveske D
Second Officer

Alex, please let me know how it went with balancing and wind catching
2019-9-30
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.2

First: Dear DJI team, thank you for the update! It really makes the gimbal more useful, and makes me believe in your brand again.

Force Mobile works really nice, but I have a major problem with Active Track: I can not activate it when the camera is not connected. As I do not want to connect my GH5 to the gimbal (internal screen goes off),
I can not use it like this. PLEASE add an option to activate the function without connecting the cam to the gimbal.
2019-9-30
Use props
Skyflakess
lvl.1

Meierhans Posted at 9-30 11:53
First: Dear DJI team, thank you for the update! It really makes the gimbal more useful, and makes me believe in your brand again.

Force Mobile works really nice, but I have a major problem with Active Track: I can not activate it when the camera is not connected. As I do not want to connect my GH5 to the gimbal (internal screen goes off),

i don't know why this is happening to you.. but mine works well even without the camera wired/connected to the gimbal..
for activetrack, the connection is between the camera and the gimbal only and this is through bluetooth; there's no need to connect the camera to the gimbal
2019-9-30
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.2

@Skyflakess THX for the info, it works indeed without the cable. My fault. Got confused by the message that says you need to connect, so I missed the point it was already working. (But its not as useful as I thought, as it lags behind even in fast mode quite some bit and since you need to completely rebalance the whole setup each time you add the phone on top. )

What I REALLY like is Force Mobile with 50 X / 50 Y / no roll and smoothing of 9-15 on both channels.
I tried this with HDMI transmitter, and turning the remote screen with my mobile attached to feels very natural.
(If I turn on roll as well it doesn´t work so well.)

This adds such a value to the gimbal when used on crane or for complex shots.
Thank you DJI team, good work!

2019-10-2
Use props
warwickajonesgmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

ActiveTrack on my Ronin S tracks people up and down only if they stay the same distance from the camera.

But the camera doesn’t track up and down when they move back and forward. So if the camera isn’t level with their head, their head moves up or down in the frame.

This seems like an intentional feature, but I think it’s a fault. I want to keep the same framing of a person, no matter how far away they are from the camera. And because I don’t want to always film people from head height, I am unable with the current ActiveTrack.

PLEASE FIX THIS! I love this product and this feature, and I really want to be able to use it more often in new and interesting ways.
299665B7-4163-4EC4-951A-F5223BFECB03.png
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules