Mavic Pro Nightmare
812 8 2019-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCROWE12
lvl.1

Active duty Soldier who purchased a Mavic Pro Kit in 2016. Due to deployments and moves I was unable to fly. Opened the box and activated last night. Only 1 of the 4 batteries in the kit are operational. Notified DJI only to be told that there was a 6 month warranty on the batteries whether I used them or not. Now nothing can be done but suck it I guess.... Anyone else have a problem like that?
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. We are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your batteries but we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period. Once you are out of the warranty period, we can no longer provide warranty service as the lifespan of your unit will depend on the totality of how it was used and all, however, we will continue providing paid repair services for an out-of-warranty product. We hope you can understand that every electronic product has a certain warranty period. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you!
2019-9-26
Use props
TCROWE12
lvl.1

The after sale says 6 months or 200 charges. Well for a product that cost me 1500$, that I activated yesterday and have several key pieces unoperational how is that supposed to make sense. I didn't get a single charge or 6 moths of use, but yes it was bought over 2 years ago. That is not right.
2019-9-26
Use props
TCROWE12
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-26 14:44
Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. We are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your batteries but we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period. Once you are out of the warranty period, we can no longer provide warranty service as the lifespan of your unit will depend on the totality of how it was used and all, however, we will continue providing paid repair services for an out-of-warranty product. We hope you can understand that every electronic product has a certain warranty period. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you!

If I purchase the refresh, will that cover the batteries??
2019-9-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft

Yup unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it ... once the batteries have discharged beyond a certain voltage the charging unit probably has a safety cut-off switch, or as these are 'intelligent' batteries it could be part of the onboard circuitry. If you are technically minded, then you could try 'restoring' the 'dead' batteries. However the reason they are not rechargeable once the voltage has dropped beyond a certain point is that trying to charge them with the standard charger could cause significant heat build up in the process - to the point where they could catch fire... Its due the increased resistance of fully discharged batteries. Here's a link to a page on how one guy does it - if its of interest. https://www.instructables.com/id ... ithium-Polymer-bat/ (No recommendation - just for information.)
2019-9-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TCROWE12 Posted at 9-26 15:14
The after sale says 6 months or 200 charges. Well for a product that cost me 1500$, that I activated yesterday and have several key pieces unoperational how is that supposed to make sense. I didn't get a single charge or 6 moths of use, but yes it was bought over 2 years ago. That is not right.

Thank you for the additional information. I will be sending you a PM later, kindly please check your inbox. Thank you!
2019-9-26
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft

Do you use a multi-charger (for 4 batteries)? If you do, do not use it for "sleeping batteries". Use a original single charger for one battery and leave it for one hour. That worked for me. Hope this helps.
2019-9-27
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft

Wait - you ordered this is 2016, meaning you received it 3-3.5 YEARS ago?    And you are now claiming warranty?   Sorry - thats hard to understand.   Even with active duty, that really, really hard to understand.   What is happening with the parts that aren't working?
2019-9-27
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft

Partially related to this topic, I bought  new battery for M2P this month ,Sep 2019, and activated I can see that the battery production date is Sep 2018.
Rest of my batteries are manufactured in May 2019.
Batteries waiting on shelf a year in the dealershop reduce the lifetime of battery or not?
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules