Flying To New Zealand
1061 14 2019-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>

Hi Guys, I am flying to NZ on the 16 October and will be transiting via Dubai. I have read numerous stories of drones been taken away when in hand lugage or other lugage at the dubai airport, i am flying with Emirates and they say i would not have any issues as long has for " for lithuim metal batteries content must not exceed 2 grams and lithuim ion batteries the watt hour rating must not exceed 100 watt hours, drones must be in checked lugage and if batteries are lithuim they must be in checked lugage" now i have 4 mavic 2 batteries, would i face a problem i do not want my drone taken away and i am immigrating so cannot leave it at home as well - Guys please provide some advise in desperate need.
2019-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

As long as you dont need to go through a security check with all your luggage you should be OK, usually you dont get reunited with the luggage when in transit.
2019-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>

No idea mate but have a great time!
2019-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 00:34
As long as you dont need to go through a security check with all your luggage you should be OK, usually you dont get reunited with the luggage when in transit.

Thanks Hopefully they do not pick the drone up in the check in luggage as I will be changing flights there while in transit.
2019-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-27 00:35
No idea mate but have a great time!

Thanks Andy, will do by the way in regards to the battery question do you know the type of battery and the watt hours etc that emirates states.
2019-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 9-27 03:51
Thanks Andy, will do by the way in regards to the battery question do you know the type of battery and the watt hours etc that emirates states.

Here you go mate. Each M2 battery is 59.29 Wh - well under the 100 Wh they state. They are four cell LIPO's and not lithium metal so all looks good to go. Have a great trip and look forward to seeing the footage.

2019-9-27
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft

double post
2019-9-27
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft

Hope you have all your permits and fees applied for and paid, Dubai is not nice when it comes to flying drones over there.
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Suren. Thank you for reaching out and for these information.  I hope you'll get the best information and recommendations here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who traveled in New Zealand. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check locations in New Zealand ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips?site=brandsite&from=nav ) where in you can fly your drone freely and if the said location is a no fly zone ( NFZ ). In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check some DJI Flying Tips on how to fly your drone on the said locations ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.
2019-9-27
Use props
SimonMag
lvl.2

I have flown return Australia to UK with a drone four times. Twice with Emirates via Dubai and twice with Qatar via Doha. No problems at all, carry drone and batteries in my hand luggage as I believe all batteries have to be in your hand luggage and not in your suitcase. Normally run the batteries down before flights and put some tape over the contacts. Have had inspections at Airport security with no concerns at all. Do find that I have to re-calibrate the compass each time I move hemispheres though.
2019-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>

Sick Dawg Posted at 9-27 08:37
Hope you have all your permits and fees applied for and paid, Dubai is not nice when it comes to flying drones over there.

Will not be flying in Dubai
2019-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>

SimonMag Posted at 9-27 20:25
I have flown return Australia to UK with a drone four times. Twice with Emirates via Dubai and twice with Qatar via Doha. No problems at all, carry drone and batteries in my hand luggage as I believe all batteries have to be in your hand luggage and not in your suitcase. Normally run the batteries down before flights and put some tape over the contacts. Have had inspections at Airport security with no concerns at all. Do find that I have to re-calibrate the compass each time I move hemispheres though.

Thanks for the advise
2019-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 9-27 05:48
Here you go mate. Each M2 battery is 59.29 Wh - well under the 100 Wh they state. They are four cell LIPO's and not lithium metal so all looks good to go. Have a great trip and look forward to seeing the footage.

[view_image]

Thanks Andy
2019-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>

You're welcome mate - safe trip
2019-9-28
Use props
Copterfan
lvl.2

Germany

I went with my Mavic Air to New Zealand.
To fly to/back from New Zealand you have at least 1 or 2 or 3 stops each way.
I followed the clear describted rules of Flying Emirates and had on no point complaints or questions belongs to my drone.

Flying in New Zealand is meanwhile very regulated by law on nearlly each attractive drone flight point!
It is a hard work to get permits and the fees are quiete expensive.
You have to come in contact with the DOC, in same cases with local communities and have to registry your flights via Airshare (date + time!) in advance.

2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules