Dji mavic 2 battery problem
5161 15 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans775f4789
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623586 ft
  • >>>

My mavic 2 is still under Dji care warranty, my battery got distended after a flight in Germany in September this year. I am worried about the safety of the battery so I brought the battery with the mavic 2 to DJI flagship store service center in Hong Kong. The staff in DJI flagship store said the battery is unsafe to use and need a replacement. I said it’s fine, but I need a formal statement / case report for me to file an travel insurance claim. The staff said no statement / case report can be issued to me. However, he did require me to write down my name and email address for record. Then I asked if he can also email me my service record, he said no. I think it is ridiculous. Please help me so that I can have a statement/ service  report that my battery is unsafe and need replacement ( I don’t mind buying a new battery myself, but I need proof that I need to buy a new battery due to this faulty battery after flight)
07F26447-74F5-4590-8657-456A61529CA8.jpeg
88E90AB3-EDDE-45F4-9DF5-D73F85A4E118.jpeg
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you provide us with your name and email address for recording at that time? We'd like to investigate the exact status and try our best to help.
2019-9-27
Use props
fans775f4789
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623586 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 9-27 17:50
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you provide us with your name and email address for recording at that time? We'd like to investigate the exact status and try our best to help.
First name: Tsz Lung
Last name: Choi
Email: tsz.lung@yahoo.com
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans775f4789 Posted at 9-27 19:29
First name: Tsz Lung
Last name: Choi
Email: tsz.lung@yahoo.com

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to the designated team to investigate and will keep you posted.
2019-9-27
Use props
Frank_dji
lvl.1

I've been telling DJI since May I've been having problem with all my Batteries that came with the Drone, I'm still covered by the Care Refresh and I'm about to go on holidays, W
2 of my 3 Batteries don't even fit on the Drone.
2019-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Frank_dji Posted at 9-28 16:14
I've been telling DJI since May I've been having problem with all my Batteries that came with the Drone, I'm still covered by the Care Refresh and I'm about to go on holidays, W
2 of my 3 Batteries don't even fit on the Drone.

Hi Frank, we are sorry for the troubles with the batteries, the related team is following up your case, we will verify with them of the next suggestion and come back to you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-10-3
Use props
paweinbergermac.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70669 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the same issue. After over a year of use, no crashes, the batteries are starting to unhook from the drone. They just pop off the battery holder just enough to cause concern. The connection is still good, but for how long?
2020-4-14
Use props
paweinbergermac.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70669 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We apologize for what happened to the battery, it seems swollen and we do not recommend to keep using it. Please email to support@dji.com with your personal information, serial number of the battery, proof of purchase and the picture, our support team will help, thank you.
2020-4-14
Use props
fansff5427fd
lvl.1
Laos

Brought the Mavic 2 Pro Fly more package all 3 batteries are swollen and are unusable... I didn't fly that often... The batteries were kept in my airconditioned computer room...by the time I realized why batteries were  releasing during flight, on one side. The warranty was finished. The swelling was so bad that it has stress cracks around the power button.  I usually only used 2 of the 3 batteries, the battery that I rarely used has same swelling as the others, it still has the sticker on it and looks like a brand new battery except for the swelling. I went to see the dealership about it , all they suggested was to send the batteries to DJI at my own expense. But hey, COVID 19, cannot get anything in or out of the country I am residing in and they are out of stock of batteries. These batteries are not Intelligent. what other device or product does this?

Battery with stress cracks

Battery with stress cracks
a20200705_201121.jpg
a20200705_201355.jpg
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansff5427fd Posted at 7-5 05:39
Brought the Mavic 2 Pro Fly more package all 3 batteries are swollen and are unusable... I didn't fly that often... The batteries were kept in my airconditioned computer room...by the time I realized why batteries were  releasing during flight, on one side. The warranty was finished. The swelling was so bad that it has stress cracks around the power button.  I usually only used 2 of the 3 batteries, the battery that I rarely used has same swelling as the others, it still has the sticker on it and looks like a brand new battery except for the swelling. I went to see the dealership about it , all they suggested was to send the batteries to DJI at my own expense. But hey, COVID 19, cannot get anything in or out of the country I am residing in and they are out of stock of batteries. These batteries are not Intelligent. what other device or product does this?

Hello there, we are so sorry to see the batteries are all swollen, it is recommended to email to support@dji.com with the serial number and the proof of purchase, our team will help further, thank you.
2020-7-6
Use props
Genna_dji
lvl.1

Italy

Same problem for me.
Fly more combo batteries Charged 25 cycles but used to fly only around 15 cycles, cause not always need to fly all 3 batteries when I'm on a work.
The 2 batteries come with fly more combo looks like they're exploding...
20200715_224519.jpg
2020-7-15
Use props
fansa5120ec7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1204052 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hello, last week I had the same problem with one of the batteries in my Mavic 2. The battery swelled.
I am concerned about the safety of my flights. What do I have to do?
2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansa5120ec7 Posted at 2-23 05:43
Hello, last week I had the same problem with one of the batteries in my Mavic 2. The battery swelled.
I am concerned about the safety of my flights. What do I have to do?

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your battery. Please send us an email to support@dji.com, provide us with the serial number and the photos. Our team will help to check and provide further assistance.
2021-2-24
Use props
fans121fd6be
lvl.1

Bulgaria

It was a sudden disconnection from my already dead and missing MAVIC 2 ZOOM, just 330 meters from the take-off point. RTH did not take place. I think the problem is in the battery, it was swollen, as the photos here show. A great drone, a terrible battery ... The first one also swelled up and I eliminated it a long time ago. I have SPARK for 4 years, the batteries are ok. I bought a MINI 2, I'm waiting for a MAVIC 3 ZOOM. I don't need a 1 inch sensor, but a powerful ZOOM. But, DJI, the batteries !!!
2021-5-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans121fd6be Posted at 5-6 06:12
It was a sudden disconnection from my already dead and missing MAVIC 2 ZOOM, just 330 meters from the take-off point. RTH did not take place. I think the problem is in the battery, it was swollen, as the photos here show. A great drone, a terrible battery ... The first one also swelled up and I eliminated it a long time ago. I have SPARK for 4 years, the batteries are ok. I bought a MINI 2, I'm waiting for a MAVIC 3 ZOOM. I don't need a 1 inch sensor, but a powerful ZOOM. But, DJI, the batteries !!!

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. If it is still within the warranty period, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and apply for data analysis. We'll do our best to help. Thanks.
2021-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules