Can I turn off Face Track?
9427 8 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft

Hi I'm usually record the video with FHD/60fps and wonder if I can turn off Face track. (I know that OP doesn't support that feature with 4K/60p.)
Whenever I tried to record me and my wife with selfie mode, it keeps tracking only my face,
so when I check the clip, my wife is only at the corner!!!

I don't really be with 4K resolution now, so wonder if I can turn off that feature when with 1080/60p.

2019-9-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

No you can't  normally but when used with a phone you can draw around the things you need to keep in focus or change the focus spot placing. Active track will always make the focus point recenter.
If you try to put the camera into AFS rather than AFC and then place you both either side of the screen and try to get it to produce a wide focus box you may get lucky but this is done better using a phone. Even then it can't track you both if you move even slightly part or towards each other. The only other thing I can think of is use a selfie stick to get more distance.
2019-9-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>

The placement of the tracked point in the frame - its offset if you like - can be adjusted (slowly) with the joystick control.
2019-9-28
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 9-28 08:19
No you can't  normally but when used with a phone you can draw around the things you need to keep in focus or change the focus spot placing. Active track will always make the focus point recenter.
If you try to put the camera into AFS rather than AFC and then place you both either side of the screen and try to get it to produce a wide focus box you may get lucky but this is done better using a phone. Even then it can't track you both if you move even slightly part or towards each other. The only other thing I can think of is use a selfie stick to get more distance.

Thank you! The most easiest way is to use selfie stick for my case I think!
2019-9-28
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-28 16:22
The placement of the tracked point in the frame - its offset if you like - can be adjusted (slowly) with the joystick control.

I didn't try that. Thanks!
2019-9-28
Use props
Tide
First Officer

You can turn off face track.
When you see it face tracks your face with green square over it.
Simply touch the pocket's screen like you mean to touch that green square.
This touch works as telling pocket to manual focus here.
Then pocket turns off the face tracking and changes to normal focus mode with yellow square mark.
Now the focus mode changed, you can move gimbal head to aim both you and your wife in the frame.
2019-9-29
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4

Tide Posted at 9-29 01:16
You can turn off face track.
When you see it face tracks your face with green square over it.
Simply touch the pocket's screen like you mean to touch that green square.

WOW it worked! It was so simple therapy.
Appreciate it! 감사합니다 ◡̈
2019-10-2
Use props
Geoff Cooper
lvl.1

Excellent tip - really good to be able to frame myself to the side of the frame and not have the OP suddenly decide my face needs to be in the middle of the frame half way through a recording!

Geoff
2019-10-8
Use props
acidgreen
lvl.1

@ DJi   Admins   please build  disable face tracking in the options menue  thanks.   > as its only a flag ;)
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules