Have people got bored of droning?
8124 53 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

The Inspire 1 Pro erased my boredom.  I will look forward everyday to seeing the landing gear go up and down.  It's so loud too that even very very very far away it's like the M2 5' away or the P4 at 10' away.
2019-10-4
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft

Too many toys and not enough living.
2019-10-5
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft

I got bored with it too - I have more fun building and flying RC planes - they are so much more challenging to fly - but every now and then I take the Mav out for a flight and it's an absolute blast
2019-10-5
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft

As with most new technology once the novelty phase wears off, then the sustaining interest is not so much how to do something but why. I've always wanted to achieve a 'birds eye' view of the world - going back to when I was a kid wanting to attach a camera to my kite - but the camera in those days was too heavy and pre-digital ... now that I'm pretty comfortable flying my MPP and Spark I know I have the knowledge to take on a bigger camera platform like the Inspire or more than likely the next iteration of the Mavic line - if and when one is developed. In a way we are spoilt with the tech we have to hand these days.
2019-10-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 9-27 23:52
You get bored if you have no purpose for flying, going out trashing about with no purpose you will always get bored.
I very seldom fly unless I’m filming taking photographs or working , flying long distance is something that gets pretty boring very quickly.
Testing is also another way of getting satisfaction out of flying.

Well said! Videos and photography is the answer.
2019-10-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-6 06:40
Well said! Videos and photography is the answer.

But that's also pretty boring, in always the same area.
Usin the drone just as a flying cam (like I do),  is , imho, even more boring, as "just wanna fly it around".
2019-10-6
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

S-e-ven Posted at 10-6 06:48
But that's also pretty boring, in always the same area.
Usin the drone just as a flying cam (like I do),  is , imho, even more boring, as "just wanna fly it around".

You just need to travel a bit to nice spots.
2019-10-6
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft

You should do some long range flights, no recording, maybe along a river or a flights up a mountain peak, some DJI googles and pretend to be a bird. I think sometime we all get caught up in the drone tech. Gotta remember about the time you were a kid and went out to build paper airplane or fly a kite. Just the sheer joy of flight. Get back at it!
Or send me your drone and I'll fly it for you!
2019-10-11
Use props
snowmtn
lvl.1
United States

Oh yes. Flying DJI drones is boring indeed. That's why switched to flying freestyle/race quads. They are always fun. Nothing gets the heart pumping like completing a flip, power loop, or hitting a gap.
2020-8-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

My drone is basically a really big camera tripod i can move around in 3D.
I very rarely/never fly it around my house because theres nothing new to photograph there.  But i travel far afield as much as possible and very often use it there.  Thats not boring.

I dont get the "joy of flying" thing.  If i want that (and i do enjoy it), ill hoping in a real aircraft of some sort.
2020-8-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

*DM* Posted at 2019-9-27 23:27
Yes. You are attractive.

Get a room....
2020-8-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Yupperz, sometimes you have to go to "new" places to feel "the rush" again....
2020-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

snowmtn Posted at 8-6 06:18
Oh yes. Flying DJI drones is boring indeed. That's why switched to flying freestyle/race quads. They are always fun. Nothing gets the heart pumping like completing a flip, power loop, or hitting a gap.

I stopped flying it because it's tedious to set things up.
2020-8-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I need to get back into casual flying.  Flying for clients every now and then but really don't care too much of what it looks like in the air.  I have people impressed with it when they see me fly it and stuff which is cool but I prefer to e-bike.  Massive freedom over everything else.  The sensations you get from flying is all mental but with e-biking you can feel a lot more and being physically active keeps you healthier in a lot of ways.

Quad racing FPV is still cool, drone flying is still cool, everything is still cool.  You meet people along the way while doing it too.  It's why some people get pets, to have new experiences in life and to hopefully meet new friends.

The great part about doing all of these things is, when you do new things in life you can use them to further benefit that.  I like using things that aren't so isolated such as, if you have a boat but aren't in the water it does nothing.  With drones and photography/videography, you can use them for anything you want to film.  You can even get paid to do it.  You can show people things w/o explaning it from scratch, just pull up the video you've made.

Some people are so new to drones that they look for it in the sky.  I'm sure you all know that is not what we do.  We look at the screen because if we look at it from the ground, it can get very scary.  Holy s* it's so high.  The more cool-minded you are, the clearer you can think, the better you can fly, the better the videos and photos come out to be than being rushed or not smooth.  It's kind of like how we all don't think about dying and other things that happen all the time on Earth because inducing panic, stress, anxiety, uncertainty, fear, and doubt just makes things worse.  Things happen, we can only do so much.  At least make the preparation as well-done as it could be.
2020-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules