After turning off and removing mobile, the head vibrates?
3196 8 2019-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeikoKanzler
lvl.1

When turning off the Osmo 3, the head goes into upright position. When I remove my mobile now, the head vibrates a couple of times, it doesn't matter if in upright or folded position.

For my understanding this shouldn't happen?
2019-9-27
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>

It’s normal. The top gimbal motor remains partially activated for 3 or 4 seconds after power down for some reason. Either wait a short while or don’t remove your  mobile until the om3 is folded and, given the time taken to fold the device, you shouldn’t notice the ‘shake’ anymore.
2019-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query for us. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration to see if the problem persist? Also, can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-9-28
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>

HeikoKansler, is this in line with what you mean? :

The first half of the clip shows what happens when the mobile is removed from the OM3 cradle too quickly following shut-down, and the second half is what's experienced when the gimbal is folded before removing the mobile device.  This happens every time, however many times the gimbal is calibrated.

DJI Gamora, so do you consider this a 'problem' and feel that it needs 'isolating'.  Having spoken with other OM3 owners I was of the understanding that the 'shake' is normal, and is caused by the motor remaining active for a few seconds after power-down to aid the user folding the device closed more easily.  However, if this is actually a defect I and many other owners would be very grateful to know.

Thanks!
2019-9-29
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

yes its normal the gimbal is designed to be under a load and when that load is removed, you see the behavior that is posted. giver the gimbal time to power off and then remove the device. .
2019-9-29
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>

marctronixx Posted at 9-29 11:17
yes its normal the gimbal is designed to be under a load and when that load is removed, you see the behavior that is posted. giver the gimbal time to power off and then remove the device. .

That’s my belief and understanding of the product design too, but I’m very interested to hear why DJI Gamora would reference the straight forward explanation of the behaviour as a ‘problem’ as I’m sure that DJI employees take their responsibility as customer advisers here very seriously and strive to avoid providing poor or misleading information or advice.
2019-9-29
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3

Most of the official DJI posts are nothing more than badly interpreted scripts that match as close to the issue as the representative can understand. Id take no notice of them and trust user input much more.

You just have to look around the DJI forums to see the same replies coming up over and over again.
2019-10-6
Use props
fans40c3d707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft

Have same problem.
Give it a few seconds to fully power down
2019-10-7
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>

Its not a “problem” , thats how the motors are designed.
2019-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules