Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro- fly away
12Next >
3567 67 2019-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
humla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 871201 ft

Two days ago my Mavic Pro has decided not come back home ( was not far away 1200 m and lost conntact )but it was not suprice for me, why ? after what i saw on Yotube and read about Mavic Pro this drone has some problems! I was second owner of Mavic and really short time and done only 6 flights with it.
Some of you will say you should calibrate commpas and IMU but im saying direct i have done. But error message about commpas or interference come from time to time allways and what is funy i have too Phantom 3 Pro and i dont remember when i have calibrate copmpas or IMU last time i think 4 years ago and Phantom ALLWAYS im saying ALLWAY come back of 140 flights and NEVER get message compas error or something like that crap.
Many times i lost conntact with Phantom 3 Pro because of obstacles or app crush or i shot down controller by misstake but my friend allways come back.
I wonder how many of you get problem with Mavic Pro?
2019-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day humla. I am sorry for the trouble and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this issue happened on the said drone. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2019-9-28
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

For most of us the Mavic Pro has worked just fine, and sometimes when people say they were told to calibrate the compass it turns out that what happened was that they were about to take off from a location that contained something like steel that affected the compass and should have moved the drone to another location.

If you're interested in finding out what happened to your Mavic then use the instructions on this page to retrieve the flight log, upload a copy of it to that website, and then post a link to this thread.

2019-9-28
Use props
humla
lvl.1

Gimpy Posted at 9-28 12:23
For most of us the Mavic Pro has worked just fine, and sometimes when people say they were told to calibrate the compass it turns out that what happened was that they were about to take off from a location that contained something like steel that affected the compass and should have moved the drone to another location.

If you're interested in finding out what happened to your Mavic then use the instructions on this page to retrieve the flight log, upload a copy of it to that website, and then post a link to this thread.

This time i did not get message compas error, i know about it , nothing  was wrong all parameters was vgood i saw them before all was green start place was clear  , under flight came message strong interference and later something blocking signal (distance 500m) but enough to keep flying later ( 1200m) it was ok until when Mavic was facenig to me and i was looking at point where i was and lost connection, i was surre is coming back like my Phantom3 Pro is doing but not nothing is happen. Next day i was searching for my drone at last position and round it but he was gone. I was disappointed because my Phantom 3 Pro never let me down.
2019-9-28
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-28 13:12
This time i did not get message compas error, i know about it , nothing  was wrong all parameters was vgood i saw them before all was green start place was clear  , under flight came message strong interference and later something blocking signal (distance 500m) but enough to keep flying later ( 1200m) it was ok until when Mavic was facenig to me and i was looking at point where i was and lost connection, i was surre is coming back like my Phantom3 Pro is doing but not nothing is happen. Next day i was searching for my drone at last position and round it but he was gone. I was disappointed because my Phantom 3 Pro never let me down.

You won't always get a warning message when you're in an area where the compass is affected. In some cases the only way to tell is by comparing the aircraft's actual direction with what's shown in the app.

If you share the log from the flight we'll be able to see what happened and can do more than speculate.
2019-9-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft

Okay.  You're one of the "yes, I know about that, and I know ALL guys.  I'm never wrong and never give thought to logical reasons for trouble.  Those messages on the screen aren't for me.  The world is out to get me."  

Your first mistake is trusting to buy a USED technical device.  There's usually a reason the previous owner got rid of it.  There's also at least one reason when a message comes up on the screen.  Things happen for a reason.  It is rare that there are not signs of pending trouble.  You ignored them.  You need to read them and act aggressively.  Sorry, I've read too many posts from people like you in all sorts of electronics forums.  No sympathy for your attitude.
2019-9-28
Use props
humla
lvl.1

AG0N-Gary Posted at 9-28 13:50
Okay.  You're one of the "yes, I know about that, and I know ALL guys.  I'm never wrong and never give thought to logical reasons for trouble.  Those messages on the screen aren't for me.  The world is out to get me."  

Your first mistake is trusting to buy a USED technical device.  There's usually a reason the previous owner got rid of it.  There's also at least one reason when a message comes up on the screen.  Things happen for a reason.  It is rare that there are not signs of pending trouble.  You ignored them.  You need to read them and act aggressively.  Sorry, I've read too many posts from people like you in all sorts of electronics forums.  No sympathy for your attitude.

This drone was in action only 12 times before i get it, i saw how many times battery was charged and im not guy who know about that all. I have done many misstakes with my Phantom 3 Pro like flying behind obstacles and lost connection or shut down app or shut down controller. So you see im far away from that kind of guys who know everything and dont make misstakes but Phantom 3 Pro is working like as it should work. I checked the flight on my phone nothnig was wrong and that is strange but that was happen not only to me i saw few the same situation with the ather Mavic Pro.    :O)
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

humla Posted at 9-28 13:12

Hello again ! I have checked like you sade and everything was like i saw  from my Mavic camera .When the camera was pointed to my position recording is stopped and connection terminated.  :O(
2019-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read of the loss but do ensure to follow pre flight checks and never presume all is OK with any drone.
2019-9-29
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>

humla Posted at 9-29 01:46
Hello again ! I have checked like you sade and everything was like i saw  from my Mavic camera .When the camera was pointed to my position recording is stopped and connection terminated.  :O(

Just upload your flightlog, now we are only reading and speculating what happend.
The truth is in the log....

cheers
JJB
2019-9-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>

If there was enough battery remaining the drone should have flown home. I wait up to 30 seconds after takeoff for the home point has been updated message. If I don't get it I go into settings and manually set it.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

JJB* Posted at 9-29 02:08
Just upload your flightlog, now we are only reading and speculating what happend.
The truth is in the log....

how can i do that, it would be nice if you told me.  
2019-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>

humla Posted at 9-29 05:04

It’s pretty simple just go to link follow instructions upload your log then come back here and post the link.
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-29 05:04

I included a link to the instructions for providing the log in post #3. JJB didn't provide a link because he knew you had already been given the information you need to do what he asked.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

2019-9-29
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft

Okay.  You're one of the "yes, I know about that, and I know ALL guys.  I'm never wrong and never give thought to logical reasons for trouble.  Those messages on the screen aren't for me.  The world is out to get me."  

Your first mistake is trusting to buy a USED technical device.  There's usually a reason the previous owner got rid of it.  There's also at least one reason when a message comes up on the screen.  Things happen for a reason.  It is rare that there are not signs of pending trouble.  You ignored them.  You need to read them and act aggressively.  Sorry, I've read too many posts from people like you in all sorts of electronics forums.  No sympathy for your attitude.

Never a good idea to criticise someone just asking for ideas as to why something happened. There are any number of reasons for both a fail and why someone might have had an issue/problem with their craft. One cannot just assume - and then just ladle on why that assumption must be correct but without a full set of facts - each situation is different unless proven otherwise.
2019-9-29
Use props
REMOVE DC NFZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 942671 ft

Okay.  You're one of the "yes, I know about that, and I know ALL guys.  I'm never wrong and never give thought to logical reasons for trouble.  Those messages on the screen aren't for me.  The world is out to get me."  

Your first mistake is trusting to buy a USED technical device.  There's usually a reason the previous owner got rid of it.  There's also at least one reason when a message comes up on the screen.  Things happen for a reason.  It is rare that there are not signs of pending trouble.  You ignored them.  You need to read them and act aggressively.  Sorry, I've read too many posts from people like you in all sorts of electronics forums.  No sympathy for your attitude.

You better not come in this forum if ANYTHING happen to your drone..even if it was struck by lightning sitting in it's case...I'm going paste this comment in that post.
2019-9-29
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain

It looks like you got close to the shoreline at least. Do you know what the wind direction and strength was at the time? Also check you sight line from the controller to the drone - was the signal obscured ... it looks like there are tall trees near by where the drone flight path ends. Also at that range you are the signal strength limits of the controller running at the European power rating. The flight log will give the detail up to the disappearance point.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

Gimpy Posted at 9-29 05:25
I included a link to the instructions for providing the log in post #3. JJB didn't provide a link because he knew you had already been given the information you need to do what he asked.

To bad all flight data has previous owner , i have only video and screen recording of flight and no conntact with previous owner :O( , only from Phantom 3 Pro is in the map FlightRecord
2019-9-29
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain

On the point about compass errors coming up often. I found a long while back that when tilting the camera down to the vertical, the gimbal motors' EMF would cause a compass read error.
2019-9-29
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain

Looking at the area you were flying in I'd say there was/is a lot of iron around and probably other high frequency radio interference due to it being an industrial container port area. I find a minimum overflight altitude of 100 metres over built or urban spaces helps keep interference down. You only need a couple of construction cranes or dock side derricks in proximity to mess with the controller to drone signal (and back).
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-29 06:08
To bad all flight data has previous owner , i have only video and screen recording of flight and no conntact with previous owner :O( , only from Phantom 3 Pro is in the map FlightRecord

It's your choice, of course, but if you don't post the log then there's little useful information that can be provided but only speculation. Screenshots like the ones you posted aren't terribly useful for figuring out what went wrong.
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

REMOVE DC NFZ Posted at 9-29 05:50
You better not come in this forum if ANYTHING happen to your drone..even if it was struck by lightning sitting in it's case...I'm going paste this comment in that post.

I doubt very much he would come here asking for information and then be uncooperative when asked to provide the logs that would show what really happened, which I believe was his point.
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

Lamplighter55 Posted at 9-29 05:50
Never a good idea to criticise someone just asking for ideas as to why something happened. There are any number of reasons for both a fail and why someone might have had an issue/problem with their craft. One cannot just assume - and then just ladle on why that assumption must be correct but without a full set of facts - each situation is different unless proven otherwise.

He wasn't criticizing anyone for asking for help. The OP asked for help but was dismissive of the comments made and so far has refused to provide any useful data. Without logs, any speculation about RF interference or other causes is just that: speculation.
2019-9-29
Use props
Dan B-P4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1247913 ft

To bad all flight data has previous owner , i have only video and screen recording of flight and no conntact with previous owner :O( , only from Phantom 3 Pro is in the map FlightRecord

You where flying it at the time it was lost and using your device correct?  

If so then the flight record is in your device.
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

As Dan pointed out, you indicated that you were the one flying it, so you presumably were using your own mobile device, and the flight log will be on that same mobile device.
2019-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>

To bad all flight data has previous owner , i have only video and screen recording of flight and no conntact with previous owner :O( , only from Phantom 3 Pro is in the map FlightRecord

The fact is you do have flight log on your device, you have posted screenshots recorded from device you used and this is where the log is, just think about it how could your flight log be posted to another users device , not possible.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

I have checked many times that flight on my Phone but i didnt saw message  about compass error only wind, obstacles,  on the way back Mavic had wind from the back but not strong and was in sport mode for safty ( if it is to windy ) anyway im going tommorow find previous owner i have his name and surname he must live somehere near me and not so many have the same name. Only one problem mybe he removed app and all flightsrecords is gone  :O( I get one lesson anyway if i bay next one from someonelse im going change registry. Sorry for my english but its from time when i was 16 years old.  :O)
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

Lamplighter55 Posted at 9-29 06:02
It looks like you got close to the shoreline at least. Do you know what the wind direction and strength was at the time? Also check you sight line from the controller to the drone - was the signal obscured ... it looks like there are tall trees near by where the drone flight path ends. Also at that range you are the signal strength limits of the controller running at the European power rating. The flight log will give the detail up to the disappearance point.

yea its true but i dont get  message error compass so it was enough far away from i get warning about wind but i was flying against wind and was not strong , for safty it was sport mode if i need more power, on the way back he should fly with the wind, Mavic was not far away from me if you look at map distance was 1200m but really distance betwen me and Mavic mybe 900 m or less. The last minutes of flight singnal  was enough strong  and if it was terminated Mavic should fly home because point of start was recorded i get message like normaly we get when it is recorded. I was so angry when he didnt come back and supriced. My Phantom 3 Pro  allways has come back. Im impress of what has done DJI with drones i hoppe is going to be less people with such problems like me. Crush it happens very offen but  not flying away.  
2019-9-29
Use props
Dan B-P4
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-29 07:12
I have checked many times that flight on my Phone but i didnt saw message  about compass error only wind, obstacles,  on the way back Mavic had wind from the back but not strong and was in sport mode for safty ( if it is to windy ) anyway im going tommorow find previous owner i have his name and surname he must live somehere near me and not so many have the same name. Only one problem mybe he removed app and all flightsrecords is gone  :O( I get one lesson anyway if i bay next one from someonelse im going change registry. Sorry for my english but its from time when i was 16 years old.  :O)

I/we understand English isn't your first language but you are doing just fine. (good as me and i'm born English know nothing else!)

Your device contains information that could lead you to where the drone ended up and also what happen to it in flight to end up that way.

Your device has it, the previous owner isn't needed and has nothing to do with from your first flight with it.

If you need exact instruction how to locate the files needed to find out what happen post the model of the device you use as in "apple" or "android" system.

Then someone will explain how to navigate to the files and explain what to do with them once you have them.

Much more info to be had over what DJI's "flight viewer" provides.

There is also a .dat file that provides info the .TXT file does not, can get help here for that one too, to post a link to that information as well.

You really want to do this, having tha flight analyzed will help you prevent problems in the future. If it turns out the fault was the aircraft, the operator or some combination of both aircraft and operator error/s combined.  

Again you don't need the previous owner for any of this, the data required is in your mobile device.
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-29 07:12

If you're able to check your phone to see if you had received the compass error message, that means it was your phone you were using to perform the flight, and that the flight log is on your phone.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

Gimpy Posted at 9-29 06:43
It's your choice, of course, but if you don't post the log then there's little useful information that can be provided but only speculation. Screenshots like the ones you posted aren't terribly useful for figuring out what went wrong.

I dont have flight data from Mavic mybe because its registred on previous owner, i know his name and surname so mybe i can find him,  its only video to the end when i lost contact . I can see only fligt data from my Phantom
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-29 08:04
I dont have flight data from Mavic mybe because its registred on previous owner, i know his name and surname so mybe i can find him,  its only video to the end when i lost contact . I can see only fligt data from my Phantom

What makes you think you don't have the flight data? It doesn't matter who owned the Mavic. What matters is whose phone was used for the flight, and you've strongly implied that you used your own. If that's correct, you have the flight log and the previous owner does not.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

Lamplighter55 Posted at 9-29 06:02

Yea its true but signal strength was enouh, no message compass error and if you see Mavic was not so far away only 1200m, battery about 19 minutes, and on the way home should fly with the wind  (sport mode was on). Start place was recorded so should come back.  
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_IJ7oTXK2Xt8l
lvl.3

I don't think you're unable to provide the logs. I think you just don't WANT to because it would reveal that you were responsible for the loss.
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

Gimpy Posted at 9-29 08:06
What makes you think you don't have the flight data? It doesn't matter who owned the Mavic. What matters is whose phone was used for the flight, and you've strongly implied that you used your own. If that's correct, you have the flight log and the previous owner does not.

im going make pictures of my phone when im opening map after map so you will see and mybe you can help me
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-29 09:07
im going make pictures of my phone when im opening map after map so you will see and mybe you can help me

More pictures of your phone won't help. Follow the instructions I provided a link to in post #3 if you want more than speculation, or if you prefer not to provide the log file then just say so. It's entirely your choice, but at this point I'm not sure you really want more than speculation and sympathy, and you've already gotten some of each.
2019-9-29
Use props
Dan B-P4
Second Officer

humla Posted at 9-29 09:07

Doing so is pointless, we need the last flight record of that flight to provide any insight to what happen.

The .TXT file for the flight.

Android the file is found (do not open DJI go, the file isn't accessed through the app),

Settings> Storage> click on "internal storage" then scroll down the menu and select "Explore"> scroll menu to the "DJI" folder and open it, then open the "dJI go v4" folder. Now you'll see a bunch of folders, find the folder "Flightrecord" and open it.

Scroll down and you will find files ending in .TXT

We need the last one dated for that flight where you lost the drone.

There will be some variation to navigating to the file depending on version of android and who made the device but you should be able to find it without to much trouble. Just remember you will not find it in the DJI go app, don't open it you don't need it the file isn't accessible from within it.

If you have an apple device instead? someone else would be better off helping you navigate to the files.   
2019-9-29
Use props
humla
lvl.1

here we go i have two app DJIGO and DJIGO4
2019-9-29
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer

You need to read the instructions on the PhantomHelp site more carefully; they clearly tell you that if you were using the Go 4 app that you should be looking in the folder for that app and not in the dji.pilot folder. Follow the instructions on the PhantomHelp site correctly and you'll find the log file.

"For Android mobile devices, connect your mobile device to a computer via a USB cable and go to DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord (for DJI GO 3) or DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord (for DJI GO 4)."

2019-9-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules