716 2 2019-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RBravo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1761886 ft
  • >>>

Hi there,

So this started two weeks ago flying over the ocean - clean view, drone at 300m distance approx: first strong interference on image transmission and after 15m flying started to get the "weak signal please adjust the antenna" message until i totally lost signal and the drone came back home for itself. I was hoping to get the signal back while it got closer to me, but nothing.

Last week I had a couple of other jobs, also close by flying, not more than 500m, but this time with some buildings and trees on the way but things went better. At one time I had to calibrate the compass for 3 times (strong magnetic interference message) but image transmission was stable most of the time and never lost contact with the drone.

Yesterday I was working at a car track event and things went crazy. In just one morning, from doing 3 flights with nothing to report, to 5 minutes later having continuos warnings "weak signal please adjust the antenna" and totally losing contact with the drone for 3 times...Than all went good againd for some time, but same problemas came back over and over again. Also had to calibrate the compass several times, until I gave up as I always got a error message.
The RC seemed to be too hot while working, but that might be just my mind wondering...

On the good side, the drone always got back to me safely and even with the compass error I was able to get the work done.

Of course I'm having it checked out by Dji, but I was wondering if I'm missing something here that could help sorting this out, and avoid some weeks of downtime waiting to get it fixed.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

2019-9-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>

RBravo welcome !!

if  you are near vehicles it is possible that they produce these interferences, at least it is my experience, I always avoid starting the flight near them, I also try to fly in airplane mode, to avoid unwanted processes running down,
2019-9-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft

I agree with above.  I've had strange and terrifying experiences launching in tight quarters too close to my truck - both signal and compass problems.  
2019-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules