New Osmo Pocket in time for Christmas?
947 14 2019-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>

Seeing lots of special offers from retailers (and DJI) on the OP at the moment - free charging case "worth" £99 and £20 off the price of an expansion kit. Do you think that the Mark 2 version is coming and that stocks of accessories for the Mark 1 are being cleared?
Chris
2019-9-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

It could just mean they expected to sell more and are stuck with unsold stock.
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3

Love to see a new model despite not being all that competent with the existing one!
2019-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chris. Thank you for reaching out and for your insights with regards to this matter. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) . Thank you.
2019-9-29
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft

The OA was on sale as well, perhaps to gather some clients before any GoPro 8 announcements. Whenever the next generation comes I hope they have gps, as it is the feature I'm missing the most.
2019-9-29
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>

The_Pedro Posted at 9-29 15:36
The OA was on sale as well, perhaps to gather some clients before any GoPro 8 announcements. Whenever the next generation comes I hope they have gps, as it is the feature I'm missing the most.

Interesting, I’ve always found that with gps enabled on my camera, the battery depleted very quickly, so have avoided anything photographic with gps built in. What would you use GPS for with an Osmo?
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

If we knew that, we would either be part of the DJI organization OR the release would be so close that dealers got a notification.
2019-9-30
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-30 01:17
If we knew that, we would either be part of the DJI organization OR the release would be so close that dealers got a notification.

Or follow the dude on twitter that ‘leaks’ info....he claims to work for them.
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

ChrisJG Posted at 9-30 02:01
Or follow the dude on twitter that ‘leaks’ info....he claims to work for them.

Ghegheghe.
The one that usually is wrong about releases.
Osvita or something.
2019-9-30
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 9-30 02:27
Ghegheghe.
The one that usually is wrong about releases.

Maybe, cannot see at present, I'd have to search, bit did see something...would match the Osmo 2-3 lifecycle, but of course the new Spark or Mavic Mini is coming first!
2019-9-30
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft

ChrisJG Posted at 9-30 00:39
Interesting, I’ve always found that with gps enabled on my camera, the battery depleted very quickly, so have avoided anything photographic with gps built in. What would you use GPS for with an Osmo?

I just miss having my photos geotagged. I like have a lot of metadata, it makes searching and categorisation easier, either manually or by software. (like apple Photo moments for example) And it's nice to have the information if you want to reshoot a remote place. Speed and acceleration information on videos would also be nice for some action scenes, but I don't care much about it since the continuous use of gps can be hard on the battery like you mentioned. It would be nice to have the option though.

Currently I'm taking some reference photos with an iPhone to have that data, but it's a hassle. And I don't get why you don't get GPS information if you're using the OP/OA connected or even attached to your phone.
2019-9-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

ChrisJG Posted at 9-30 03:13
Maybe, cannot see at present, I'd have to search, bit did see something...would match the Osmo 2-3 lifecycle, but of course the new Spark or Mavic Mini is coming first!

Since he (or she?) wrote about a 100% sure release that never came I lost interest
2019-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>

Definitely a version 2 coming - when is another question
2019-9-30
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

GoPro 8 is also hitting the market... tomorrow.
2019-10-1
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3

El Diabolico Posted at 10-1 00:50
GoPro 8 is also hitting the market... tomorrow.

Interested in that. Currently toying between a GP7, OA and now possibly the GP8. I was expecting it in Sept but I guess 2 Oct isn’t far off!
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules