Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action Release Notes (09/29/2019)
123Next >
16535 86 2019-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 10-1 06:49
Just connect OA to Mimo app and FW will download

I'll do that tonight when I get home from work.
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI, can you please finally give this new firmware to download on official page? I cannot update through mimo in any way. So I would like to do that through zip file. Now it's 4 days passed and there is still the old one. Really DJI?
2019-10-2
Use props
Charvel
Second Officer

Gorheru Posted at 10-2 11:03
DJI, can you please finally give this new firmware to download on official page? I cannot update through mimo in any way. So I would like to do that through zip file. Now it's 4 days passed and there is still the old one. Really DJI?

Have you read my post on the previous page?
2019-10-2
Use props
tester21
lvl.3

Prior to and after the firmware update - I have connection issues with iphone 6s plus.
Problems started after iphone update to ios13, and these are still present in most recent ios subversion.

For most of the time, Iphone says, that it cannot connect to the device.
I was able to do it once (that's when I updated the firmware), but soon after that, I lost the connection.

Any suggestions?
Anyone having the same or similar issue?
2019-10-2
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

Mine updated. Just had to start mimo, download the update, turn wifi on, then camera updated.
2019-10-2
Use props
Charvel Posted at 10-2 11:51
Have you read my post on the previous page?

Yes I did, right after writing my post. And thanks of that I could upgrade my camera. However my complaint is active. Upgrading should be simple, intuitive end effortless. But it is not. It always generates problems ...
However thanks again.
2019-10-2
Use props
Charvel
Second Officer

I agree with what you wrote - it should be - but it's not.
We have to deal with what DJ has screwed up on our own. I never managed to update this cam with apps - this feature is broken. It should work for everyone, but it works for selected people, and the rest has a problem.
To sum up:
- incorrect operation of the camera update by dji mimo -
- lack of the latest software version on the dji website.

Really DJI? Move your ***** and do something about it.
2019-10-2
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft

Update worked perfectly for me on my iphone.
2019-10-2
Use props
Fat Controller
Captain
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>

Charvel Posted at 10-2 00:31
Quick instructions on how to update Osmo Action if the installation fails through DJI Mimo:

1. Copy the file downloaded by DJI Mimo - you will find it for Android in DJI/dji.mimo/firmware/AC101/ to SD card, to the root directory

Thanks Charvel. This worked for me . It's annoying that the neither of the two firmware updates so far have worked via the Mimo app so I've had to download from my phone to my computer then from my computer to the Osmo. Even more annoying that the old version is still on the support page.
2019-10-3
Use props
peiter
First Officer

Some would argue me and thinking are opposites, mostly due to me and my thinking often being far outside the box most seem to be inside.
With my new MI9 phone i don't have to do the airplane / turn off mobile data.
So very happy to have been of assistance, one of very few highlights in my life at the moment.
2019-10-3
Use props
MKosmo
First Officer

peiter Posted at 10-3 09:12
Some would argue me and thinking are opposites, mostly due to me and my thinking often being far outside the box most seem to be inside.
With my new MI9 phone i don't have to do the airplane / turn off mobile data.
So very happy to have been of assistance, one of very few highlights in my life at the moment.

Hope at least your Friday improves.
2019-10-4
Use props
Did the update successfully. The lag is still there, no improvement at all. I have compared 4k 24 FPS with 1080 and 24FPS and the lag is the same. Is anyone else seeing a significant improvement in the screen lag?
2019-10-4
Use props
djiuser_0MWKXUxFVlb7
Flight distance : 448986 ft

Hi, i waited a long time for Hyperlapse. Tried it today and almost all is working fine.
Switching in the Mimo-App to Cinelike the Footage is looking terrible. Crushed Shadows and odd colors. Anyone else with the same problem?
2019-10-4
Use props
peiter
First Officer

D cinelike under Hyperlapse, or just in general ?
Its too late for me to try out now as its late afternoon and up here on the globe it mean it is getting darker and darker by the minute, but i will try and give it a spin tomorrow.
2019-10-4
Use props
heiko_b
Flight distance : 448986 ft

peiter Posted at 10-4 07:10
D cinelike under Hyperlapse, or just in general ?
Its too late for me to try out now as its late afternoon and up here on the globe it mean it is getting darker and darker by the minute, but i will try and give it a spin tomorrow.

D-Cinelike under Hyperlapse, with 4k or 1080p it is working as usual.
2019-10-4
Use props
The_Pedro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155292 ft

Nice update, I enjoy hyperlapse on the Osmo Pocket so is it's nice to have the option here as well.
2019-10-5
Use props
Daymon W.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3126171 ft
  • >>>

BrianSC Posted at 10-1 02:31
Were you walking or on a bike here? What speed was the hyperlapse set to?

excellent thanks
2019-10-5
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>

robmobius@gmail.com Posted at 10-4 04:38
Did the update successfully. The lag is still there, no improvement at all. I have compared 4k 24 FPS with 1080 and 24FPS and the lag is the same. Is anyone else seeing a significant improvement in the screen lag?

I thought it had improved except at 4K (as the notes state) but in fact when you are actually recording it's no better at all.
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_vlxZBWT2j974
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12713 ft

Hallo gibt für die osmo Action mit dem Hyperlapse bei neuen Updates andere Geschwindigkeit Einstellung z.b 2 Fach und 5 Fach speed ?
2019-10-10
Use props
djiuser_vlxZBWT2j974
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12713 ft

Hallo gibt für die osmo Action mit dem Hyperlapse bei neuen Updates andere Geschwindigkeit Einstellung z.b 2 Fach und 5 Fach speed ?
2019-10-10
Use props
dronepilotbob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 931795 ft

robmobius@gmail.com Posted at 10-4 04:38
I actually find the screen lag worse at 4K now. I shoot 4K @ 24fps and previous firmware version was a lot better in regards to lag.

Any way of rolling back on firmware? I prefer the one prior to this one.
2019-10-13
Use props
Francisco Silva1
New

Hello, I love my OA, but with tje last update the RockSteady is not working, what can i do? Thanks
2019-10-14
Use props
jenny1
New

ADWEB Consultancy is a training institution that offers its clients the best recommendations and short courses in Dubai for more than five years. We will provide you with all the UAE training on online marketing and marketing. We are now pioneers and we benefit from more than a few local companies and pigs in the marketing world. We will help you build a good online strategy using our formulas and methods in the form of full training courses in Dubai.
2019-10-16
Use props
candyman85
New
Austria

Hi there,
can someone explain why the timelapse mode with the Osmo pocket is zoomed in? It's unusable because it looks the same if you zoom with your phone camera. help please
2019-10-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

We the Members of the DJI Community have given our request:  and put together a list that should be brought to the Team to evaulate and be discussed. if  we can simply be told Yes or no  on our request, that we do not have to repeat each time

Here are some of the importance that should get  priority over waht are  not  going to happen but worth a shot:

Priority

Latacy
Sharpness Low, med, high
RS Off, Low, Med, High  
Screen on/off  Front on only, back on only, back and front,  QS front screen recording
Battery Percentage
Interface short cuts

All others can be addressed normal

1. USB device not recognized, corrected see post 1
2. External audio adapter support see post 2
3. Laticy see post 6
4. Sharpness control see post 41
5. contrast control see posts 38
6 RS (Rock steady in 4k@30 HDR mode.
7.Screen Control Front Only, back only, both.  front screen recording on QS  see post 9
8. Battery level indicator while usb connection is used. see post 11
9.  Voice Command. record slow mo  correctly.   and change modes see Post 14, 21
10.  H265 code see post 16, 35
11. Battery  percentage   dsplay example 65%  wsee post 18
12. Field of view      choices Wide med, narrow see post 25, 29 to 35, 43
13 Variants in Rock Steady Off, low, med, high see post 28, 42
14  complete the coloring onf overlays see post 36
15 Livestream see post 37
16 Live Burst see post 41
17 gain control for audio see post 41
18 Interface short cuts see post 42
19 Photo burts     intervals  see post 43
20 video  length timer see post 43
21 low  warning for storage see post 43
22 Video start timer  see post 44
23 NTFS support see post 4524. Histogram
24 date time stamp  on/off (overlay)
2019-10-19
Use props
Charvel
Second Officer
Poland

+ addition of optional time/date overlay
2019-10-21
Use props
djiuser_r8HW4brfSHx2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207241 ft
Russia

Hi everyone! I bought a camera. I updated firmware to V01. 06. 00. 20. Hyperlapse appeared on the camera. But the next day the hyperlapse disappeared. In "about" on the camera firmware V01. 06. 00. 20, but in fact it seems that it is V01.03.00.10. What can it be connected with?
2019-10-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Its greatly needed then some Micro Mic

dims.jpg
2019-10-22
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

djiuser_r8HW4brfSHx2 Posted at 10-21 09:20
Hi everyone! I bought a camera. I updated firmware to V01. 06. 00. 20. Hyperlapse appeared on the camera. But the next day the hyperlapse disappeared. In "about" on the camera firmware V01. 06. 00. 20, but in fact it seems that it is V01.03.00.10. What can it be connected with?

mate It happened to me, :/ . not sure what to do next
2019-10-23
Use props
djiuser_r8HW4brfSHx2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207241 ft
Russia

stratosHD Posted at 10-23 08:01
mate It happened to me, :/ . not sure what to do next

I was writing in support of dji. support didn't answer me. I'm waiting for a new firmware, maybe it will help.
2019-10-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

.WAV raw audio files.
2019-10-24
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

peiter Posted at 10-1 07:31
Indeed the camera move around, TBH i have never noticed this with GP hyper lapses, then again i have not watched many of those.
But looking over the recording i just made today it is clear that the little part of my dashboard in sight in the lower part of the frame "dance" around with the movement of the car, it is not cuz i had the camera dangling from a flimsy mount.

ND 8 or ND16 are must specially here in Australia. Will try to get my filters for when im riding out and doing hyper-lapses.  I also love that the size files is really small
2019-10-25
Use props
djiuser_TNMnYJh7op9J
lvl.1

Canada

anthonyb Posted at 9-29 22:13
Hyperlapse is very cool.  
Still lag on front screen on 4K 60fps though.  
Also the face monitoring is now greyed out for some reason.

You can switch screens by pressing a while QS button
2019-10-25
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_r8HW4brfSHx2 Posted at 10-21 09:20
Hi everyone! I bought a camera. I updated firmware to V01. 06. 00. 20. Hyperlapse appeared on the camera. But the next day the hyperlapse disappeared. In "about" on the camera firmware V01. 06. 00. 20, but in fact it seems that it is V01.03.00.10. What can it be connected with?

Very similar issue.  But mine stayed on .20 (but 6436).   I posted another thread about it, but no responses

1#
Hi There

Got a strange issue with my OA

About a week ago i upgraded to latest firmware via the MIMO app.  All seemed to work fine and i was able to use hyperlapse

Not long after I left the OA on charge and when I came back the next day, it seemed to have gone back to factory settings.   I had to setup time and date again

The firmware reports at being 6436 and I have no hyperlapse

When using MIMO, it doesn't prompt for upgrading firmware and I also put the latest firmware onto the SD card and it doesn't detect that either

So I'm stuck at 6436 with no hyperlapse.

I also tried a factory reset, and that didn't help either

Any ideas?
2019-10-26
Use props
fans7f426146
New
Iran

Hi. I chose this as a professional cameraman.
But some things get better with the update.
1.grain video for Compensation dynamic range.
2.not stabilizer on time lapse.
3.grain grain grain grain grain grain
2019-10-27
Use props
Edgoh
lvl.1

Singapore

Updated to Firmware: v01.06.00.20. I noticed my RockSteady is not working for 1080 @ 30 fps. But 1080 @ 60 fps is ok.
2019-10-28
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 10-19 04:42
We the Members of the DJI Community have given our request:  and put together a list that should be brought to the Team to evaulate and be discussed. if  we can simply be told Yes or no  on our request, that we do not have to repeat each time

Here are some of the importance that should get  priority over waht are  not  going to happen but worth a shot:

+ an "ultra wide" mode or something. I sometimes feel like my videos when mountainbiking are simply not catching the "moment" of all the nature and beautness because of such a small angle.
2019-10-29
Use props
Sevaan
lvl.1
Portugal

Is the screen lag issue expected to be fixed with a firmware update?

Thank you.
2019-10-30
Use props
Sevaan
lvl.1
Portugal

P.S. // Thank you very much DJI wizards for adding the hyperlapse feature to the latest firmware update.
2019-10-30
Use props
Edgoh
lvl.1

Singapore

greekGod Posted at 9-29 22:19
I think rocksteady was compromised.its not as smooth as it was before the latency was fixed at 2.7 and 1080p 24/25/30 frames.too bad we cant have both

Is there a way to roll back the previous update?
2019-11-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules